IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

19 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

New academy graduates photos showing the quality of the new training gear also… Iron on your own badge I see.. guessing that square has been left by the printing ??

329DC480-D379-409A-AAB5-7241DE537AB4.png

711BC9C1-2AA8-4357-AD05-A946EA517EBF.jpeg

If you look closely to the pics of players wearing the new home shirt, it's the same on them. It just doesn't show up so clearly on the shiny red material. 

10 hours ago, RedRock said:

Abysmal isn’t it.

Really does look like they’ve gone to a Poundland shop, then ironed on a badge transfer. You’d think that having won a contract a company would initially try an impress their client with their wares. OK when you’re running a contract down with no chance of re-engagement take the p*ss, but this is just shocking at this stage of a client relationship.

I’ll just give them the benefit of doubt that they just aren’t geared up to supply quality clothing - which makes you wonder why we engaged them in the first place - but come the Summer and retail sales time they will significantly raise their game (and product quality).

It has been a totally underwhelming start though and if I had entered a contract with them, I’d already be reading the riot act. 

In all this mess, I do wonder where our new CEO is and why he hasn’t issued a statement about the (lack of) quality of their products. Could it be he’s a bit embarrassed about how this relationship is working out I wonder? Not a good start. 

The quality of it all looks so poor, yes granted I haven’t seen any of it in person yet but i think just from the pictures we get an idea of what it’s going to be like.

My only hope is that the club will realise their mistake and we only stick with O’neills for a season or two at the most. I wonder what length of contract we signed with them? I can’t remember actually seeing anything about that on the OS when it was announced..

As others have said why we rushed to ditch Hummel when seemingly every other club in the country has managed to sort the supply issue out with them is baffling.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2023 at 14:42, miketh2nd said:

I think in general championship teams always come 2nd best when if comes to supply compared to Premier league . I do prefer the hummer adidas kits but if more people can get their hands on the kit all  year old round with O neils then I see this as a better deal for the fan, although we are yet to see the away kit and training gear . 

Not much point having a plentiful supply of a terrible quality product that no one wants to buy.

Wish we’d done what Coventry did and negotiated a new supply chain for Hummel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

The quality of it all looks so poor, yes granted I haven’t seen any of it in person yet but i think just from the pictures we get an idea of what it’s going to be like.

My only hope is that the club will realise their mistake and we only stick with O’neills for a season or two at the most. I wonder what length of contract we signed with them? I can’t remember actually seeing anything about that on the OS when it was announced..

As others have said why we rushed to ditch Hummel when seemingly every other club in the country has managed to sort the supply issue out with them is baffling.

From memory the announcements stated that the kits would be for the rest of this season and next. 

No mention of anything after that, which also includes no mention of how long a deal has been agreed. This could imply that we have signed a contract until the end of next season, and anything longer could depend on whether they can fulfil the kit orders as needed, and/or feedback from supporters. 

At the end of the day if the product is shoddy and nobody wants to buy it, that's a hell of a lot of lost revenue.

Of course I could have just missed the bit about the actual contract derails, but can't remember seeing anything about it.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

From memory the announcements stated that the kits would be for the rest of this season and next. 

No mention of anything after that, which also includes no mention of how long a deal has been agreed. This could imply that we have signed a contract until the end of next season, and anything longer could depend on whether they can fulfil the kit orders as needed, and/or feedback from supporters. 

At the end of the day if the product is shoddy and nobody wants to buy it, that's a hell of a lot of lost revenue.

Of course I could have just missed the bit about the actual contract derails, but can't remember seeing anything about it.

“The Irish sporting goods manufacturer signed a multi-year deal with City and will supply the Robins’ playing, training and travel wear ranges moving forward.”

Source: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-embark-on-new-partnership-with-oneills/

So a bit vague on the details! Here’s hoping “multi” just means two - the rest of this season and next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not much point having a plentiful supply of a terrible quality product that no one wants to buy.

Wish we’d done what Coventry did and negotiated a new supply chain for Hummel.

Perhaps keeping with Hummel was the preferred option, but maybe they were too slow to agree details, or confirm if they were able/willing to carry on supplying kit. 

Perhaps we gave them a deadline and they didn't meet it. If that were the case then fair play to the club. The new kit may not be great, but at least it meant that we were able to get something finalised on time, rather than waiting until the 11th hour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Perhaps keeping with Hummel was the preferred option, but maybe they were too slow to agree details, or confirm if they were able/willing to carry on supplying kit. 

Perhaps we gave them a deadline and they didn't meet it. If that were the case then fair play to the club. The new kit may not be great, but at least it meant that we were able to get something finalised on time, rather than waiting until the 11th hour.

Exactly. Imagine the meltdown if it turned out we couldn't organise a deal for the new kit while running out of the old kit.
No shirts available for next year? 
We don't know what was happening with discussions, obviously the new shirts weren't organised and made overnight. Those conversations could have happened and been given up on several months ago, long before Coventry managed to do their deal.

• Like 3

On 25/03/2023 at 02:03, Not Banksy said:

New academy graduates photos showing the quality of the new training gear also… Iron on your own badge I see.. guessing that square has been left by the printing ??

329DC480-D379-409A-AAB5-7241DE537AB4.png

711BC9C1-2AA8-4357-AD05-A946EA517EBF.jpeg

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about. The club did say they were looking at getting in five transfers from lower league football. Everyone’s just assumed they meant players, not iron on badges.

• Like 1

A lot of comments on here talking about the quality before it's even been seen first-hand. One of the comments was about how the data vests could be seen through the yellow shirts but here is a picture of Joe Low playing for Wales in his white Adidas kit with his data vest clearly visible through it. So are Adidas also rubbish quality?

Screenshot_20230327_112707_Facebook.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, citywest30 said:

A lot of comments on here talking about the quality before it's even been seen first-hand. One of the comments was about how the data vests could be seen through the yellow shirts but here is a picture of Joe Low playing for Wales in his white Adidas kit with his data vest clearly visible through it. So are Adidas also rubbish quality?

Screenshot_20230327_112707_Facebook.jpg

Everyone knows not to wear a black bra with a white top. 

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Wycombe fans seem happy to get rid of them. Saying the quality is poor. Doesn’t bode well for us…

But Wycombe got two promotions with O'Neills, so that must mean we will get to the Premier League and as we can't have another promotion it must mean Champions League football ?

Well after seeing the quality of the shirts in the shop on Saturday, I won't be buying one that's for sure.

It really does look like one of the fakes on the Spanish market stalls.

Goalkeeper top looked better than the red one to be fair, although even that looked cheap. The original TFG shirts were better quality.

• Like 2

Got the home shirts at the Rotherham game. Sons back of shirt name printing started coming away after one wash (following instructions of not washing for 48 hours, washing inside out and no conditioner). Took it down on Saturday and they resealed but the number is now crumpled to hell and it’s damn near unwearable. Taking it down this week for an exchange/refund…

8 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

As much as we're having a go at JL... and yeah he would be the one on the designs and they are awful so rightly so... surely it's the new (ex-wycombe) CEO we have who is responsible for bringing them in. 

And now even Wycombe have jumped ship hahaha 

In a word….no.

• Like 2

It's disappointing that we couldn't build a better relationship with Hummel, some of their kits were nice, and they've done some great kits for other teams. Mind you, some horrors, too (look at Southampton's away kit...actually, don't, it's vile)