IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

10 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Third kit I think, could be wrong tho.

Yeah the third kit .. now also known as the “Robin Kit” .. has been for the last few years I think… this is why we have that stock image of the robin on the front also. 

excited to see this away kit though to be honest… see if they can out do that yellow one in the worst we have ever had ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Yeah the third kit .. now also known as the “Robin Kit” .. has been for the last few years I think… this is why we have that stock image of the robin on the front also. 

excited to see this away kit though to be honest… see if they can out do that yellow one in the worst we have ever had ?

You clearly never saw the all green kit at west ham, c.1994

Or the Auto Leyland pizza vans paint final one against Stoke, gold and blue

Or the champagne one in the noughties 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not Banksy said:

If i'm honest I agree with this... that robin is just the worst thing we have ever had on a kit haahah 

I quite like the flying Robin, but it ain't our badge. Stick it on the casual wear, fine, but not on the front of the shirt.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I quite like the flying Robin, but it ain't our badge. Stick it on the casual wear, fine, but not on the front of the shirt.

There’s a few people with this opinion to be fair … personally maybe on the kids stuff… but I think it’s awful ?

• Like 1

My little one has it now thanks to my wife's cousin (cheers matey), and he loves it. Whenever it's clean he wants his "football".

It's been washed a few times, and is OK, but I can't get past the sponsor/supplier/badge looking like a "market shirt". 

I went in the shop last week to have a look at the quality. To honest it’s pretty poor . Thread ends in lots of places from the sleeves & sides of the stitching. The badge is plastic & sown into the shirt but the stitching is tatty . 
Im too old for shirts now but like to buy the shorts & I won’t be doing that. I want the players to go onto the pitch looking the part , like we did in those Hummel kits , especially the two away kits from early last season . Oneils are poor quality imo. 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, George Rs said:

Third kit I think, could be wrong tho.

You are correct, it is the 3rd kit. The away kit is yet to be announced.

I was told we had to use the new third kit as we needed it against Luton. (Away). I don't know why we didn't announce the away kit then. Either it too clashes with Luton's or most probably they wanted to have a big launch for it in the close season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

If i'm honest I agree with this... that robin is just the worst thing we have ever had on a kit haahah 

OOOooooh....  I don't know....it's bloody awful and tinpot but it might be rivalled by hashtags for second place....  But surely the worst thing we've ever had on our shirt has got to be the name "DIONY"....?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Thread ends in lots of places from the sleeves & sides of the stitching. The badge is plastic & sown into the shirt but the stitching is tatty . 

Now I know why people are complaining about the shirts. They're using farming equipment to make them.

Next time I'm in Strabane (where they're made) I'll look out for any combine harvesters that might be used in the sorting and packaging process.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Now I know why people are complaining about the shirts. They're using farming equipment to make them.

Next time I'm in Strabane (where they're made) I'll look out for any combine harvesters that might be used in the sorting and packaging process.

The badge is plastic & sown into the shirt but the stitching is tatty

Definitely an Irish connection.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The badge is plastic & sown into the shirt but the stitching is tatty

Definitely an Irish connection.

You've also cracked the third team shirt colour. It isn't washed out yellow. It's chip colour!

• Like 1

I'm trying to buy a mini kit for my daughters 1st birthday, and when I click on 'personalise' so I can add a name and number, it doesn't give the option to do it?  I read some comments that the numbers are washing off, does anyone know if they have stopped adding names and numbers until they sort this issue out or is it the website?  Thanks in advance

I'm expecting a long awaited public acknowledgement and explanation regarding the replacement of the crest on the yellow third kit. Have been promised it will come when that kit is available for public sale.

Who knows what it will say but it would be nice for the Club to at last admit that they relegated the badge they paid to have redesigned only 4 years ago* to the nape of the neck.

*If I remember correctly 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm expecting a long awaited public acknowledgement and explanation regarding the replacement of the crest on the yellow third kit. Have been promised it will come when that kit is available for public sale.

Who knows what it will say but it would be nice for the Club to at last admit that they relegated the badge they paid to have redesigned only 4 years ago* to the nape of the neck.

*If I remember correctly 

I really think all it is is wanting to have a secondary to throw on a kit because it's fashionable (I know Roma does it, for example), nothing to do with the current badge or wanting to replace it already.

Just now, RobinTuga said:

I really think all it is is wanting to have a secondary to throw on a kit because it's fashionable (I know Roma does it, for example), nothing to do with the current badge or wanting to replace it already.

Yeh and Arsenal did it as well. I don't have a huge issue with it anymore, and I'm not suggesting they are trying to replace it. I did at first but then I read the rules and spoke to the club. I don't like the design at all, but that's a personal opinion.

I do however still think it's weird that there's not even been so much as a tweet saying "that badge is so great isn't it". Not even an acknowledgement, let alone an explanation. Nothing in the original release stuff even mentioned it. That seems a little odd and I think should be addressed.

• Like 3

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh and Arsenal did it as well. I don't have a huge issue with it anymore, and I'm not suggesting they are trying to replace it. I did at first but then I read the rules and spoke to the club. I don't like the design at all, but that's a personal opinion.

I do however still think it's weird that there's not even been so much as a tweet saying "that badge is so great isn't it". Not even an acknowledgement, let alone an explanation. Nothing in the original release stuff even mentioned it. That seems a little odd and I think should be addressed.

Ah fair, I was reading your comment differently initially. Yeah not a big fan of it myself but we'll see.

• Like 1