IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

1 hour ago, Spike said:

When you've got fans wanting to spend money, they love the club and want to get some merch and yet they still can't find a single thing they want to buy, someone has seriously ****ed up. 

This is the problem. I went into the shop as I needed a baseball cap the quality was hilariously shit and it was 20 quid. 

I could go online and make a better and cheaper one myself 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Imagine that reversed - gold-y yellow with green trim as our retro inspired 3rd kit…. Obviously without a splatted robin. 

Maybe templates from good brands are the way forward. 

In fairness, we DID do that in the past, and it wasn’t without issue.  

8 hours ago, Nathandao said:

Why did we swap suppliers with Wycombe. Another lovely shirt...

Because Elite Sports went bust and treated clubs like crap. 

Even Hummel were absolutely no help.

We felt that the relationship with Hummel had broken down.

Part of the problems we are facing now is probably in part because of what happened. Designs, training wear etc are signed off upto 18 months in advance. We've had 6 months with O'neills.

What we can't do is put any blame at all on O'neills. From what I've seen the quality is fine. It's the designs that are the issue. I think the issue is that we've had to produce simple designs because we've not had that long design process. Jon has however got a bit too creative with these simple designs tho. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 06/07/2023 at 17:16, Spike said:

My hope is that sales are at an all time low with this shit show. I'm usually buying something every season but this year I don't want a replica shirt, I dont want any hats, no shirts, nothing, it's all awful. I honestly hate saying the phrase "someone needs to be let go" but with the level of how bad some of these designs are and the decisions being made I honestly feel like the club need to take a good long hard look at what they're creating and really improve. 

When you've got fans wanting to spend money, they love the club and want to get some merch and yet they still can't find a single thing they want to buy, someone has seriously ****ed up. 

As ive said before, OTIB fanzine, The 3 Lions & Section82 all produce some fab merchandise.

Designed by the fans, for the fans.

Far better than anything the club design. 

• Like 3

Just now, Not Banksy said:

Hey guys been a while… so long that the collar on our shirt has grown.

jokes aside is this a real photo ??? 

C2294653-2471-42D8-BC11-6AC7D296F00F.jpeg

Picture I’ve added is from the official shop photos .. The collar looks twice the size  on the shirt Knight is wearing? Im baffled to be honest, mental.

5D44ED91-21DF-4A7B-95D2-4110119E6A1F.png

I think he’s wearing a scarf on top of that shirt.

Either that, or having been so sh*te at scoring headers from corners, we’ve worked on a new routine where we hide our heads below that collar only for them to pop out above the collar when the ball is crossed in.

Now waiting for the new ‘terrapin’ logo to replace ‘splat’ in recognition of this new tactic.

Edited by RedRock

On 06/07/2023 at 17:16, Spike said:

My hope is that sales are at an all time low with this shit show. I'm usually buying something every season but this year I don't want a replica shirt, I dont want any hats, no shirts, nothing, it's all awful. I honestly hate saying the phrase "someone needs to be let go" but with the level of how bad some of these designs are and the decisions being made I honestly feel like the club need to take a good long hard look at what they're creating and really improve. 

*cough* Jon Lansdown *cough*

On 13/05/2023 at 14:39, Spike said:

I was interested in the whole "reaching back to past kits" they went with the home kit and made a few kits based on the 1980/81 kits and the third based on 92/93 away but all by Umbro (the supplier of 80/81 kits. It's nothing mind blowing but I think it feels so much more "Bristol City" than what O'Neills deliver.

Bristol-City-Kits.png

I’ve only just seen these now, but you have nailed what I expect our kits to look like. It screams tradition and quality, rather than the tacky and amateurish O’Neill’s stuff IMO.

2 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

They have also changed the sleeve cuffs. I thought they promised that the shirt would remain unchanged for this season.Screenshot_20230711_204406_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.710a6e93395bd2ac302b3d50e59f4506.jpg

Screenshot_20230711_204317_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_161994369552884.jpg

The badge is different too, and where the collar meets the stripe. Would be interesting to know if it’s deliberate changes or not

10 hours ago, MarcusX said:

The badge is different too, and where the collar meets the stripe. Would be interesting to know if it’s deliberate changes or not

Would also be interesting to know about the 3 badges, the shirt we haven't yet seen and all manner of other design decisions!

I expect the club to stay silent.