IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

Didn't realise all three GK kits had been 'announced'. Must've been when we got the home and third kits back around April time? Which GK shirt goes with the yellow third kit does anyone know? Of course the black one at the front will be used alongside our red home kit, I'm guessing the blue GK kit with the yellow third kit and the pink with the un-announced away kit? 

7 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Someone just made a good point on Twitter, that all 3 goalkeeper shirts have the official club badge. Surely there should be some rule on teams using different badges on players shirts during the same match.

This is a good point. Between this and the ever-changing home kit, this is all getting a bit out of hand! 

1 hour ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Isn't the differences indicated just the difference between the players matchday shirts and what's sold to us punters?  

To be fair I haven't bought a shirt for myself for over 25yrs and my son hasn't wanted one since he got too old for the freebie with season tickets, so I never pay too much attention. 

The differences are usually to do with materials etc and player issue shirts, in some cases, retail at twice the price of replica shirts.

I expect in this case that the additional cost covers the Harry Hill collar. I can’t see any other difference. 

32 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Didn't realise all three GK kits had been 'announced'. Must've been when we got the home and third kits back around April time? Which GK shirt goes with the yellow third kit does anyone know? Of course the black one at the front will be used alongside our red home kit, I'm guessing the blue GK kit with the yellow third kit and the pink with the un-announced away kit? 

This is a good point. Between this and the ever-changing home kit, this is all getting a bit out of hand! 

Oh for the days when all goalkeepers wore green (except Plymouth's) 

• Like 1

Incidentally…

Went to the shop at lunch and picked up the GK shirts for the kids. The numbering on the blue shirt (3rd GK kit) when personalised was white - consistent with the numbering on the yellow kit (3rd kit). On the pink shirt (2nd GK kit) the numbering/name was black.

Although I don’t think you have to have the same colour numbering on both GK and outfield shirts, it’d be pretty odd to order a load of black letters and numbers for just the 2nd GK shirt.

So, the away kit, by deduction, will be one that has black numbers. Meaning it will either be white or potentially a blue that is a variation on the training kit.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Incidentally…

Went to the shop at lunch and picked up the GK shirts for the kids. The numbering on the blue shirt (3rd GK kit) when personalised was white - consistent with the numbering on the yellow kit (3rd kit). On the pink shirt (2nd GK kit) the numbering/name was black.

Although I don’t think you have to have the same colour numbering on both GK and outfield shirts, it’d be pretty odd to order a load of black letters and numbers for just the 2nd GK shirt.

So, the away kit, by deduction, will be one that has black numbers. Meaning it will either be white or potentially a blue that is a variation on the training kit.

Odd and Bristol City store is surely a regular phrase used in the same sentence?

You could be onto something, but I have a feeling this is more likely 2+2=5

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Incidentally…

Hi Silvio,

As you've bought more than one shirt, what is your verdict on the quality and manufacturing of the shirt?

43 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Hi Silvio,

As you've bought more than one shirt, what is your verdict on the quality and manufacturing of the shirt?

I’ve now bought six (none for me!)

I genuinely don’t think they’re that bad. My son has worn the home GK shirt loads, pretty much wash and wear and a lot of “action” in terms of being used for football training. It’s worn well and looks good - first impressions are the 2nd and 3rd gk kits also look decent quality.

The 3rd kit and the home shirt have been worn less. Had an issue with the printing of name and number on the home shirt but shop resealed and now seems ok.

Overall I’m meh on the design of the outfield shirts and had concern over the quality but the GK shirts are designed well, look good and on the one that’s been owned for a few months, it’s washed and worn well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Has anyone considered that maybe O'Neills have had supply issues and we had to order a knock off from China for the new signing reveal??

The irony being, the 'knock-offs' are pretty much the same as what the 'official' store is churning out. It's why there has been an explosion of the knock-offs being listed eBay.

IMO, the club really have shot themselves in the foot with this one. I for one, also don't buy-in to the talk about Hummel and the distributor etc. Other clubs have been fine.

This, IMO, was a poorly judged financial based decision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not sure there'd be posts on here saying "no problem" if City didn't release the shirt for sale until after the start of the season...

Genuinely think i would have accepted a delay over the absolutely dross O’neills have supplied to be honest!

6 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Coventry no problem getting a new kit from Hummel 

1198_coventry_city_2023_24_hummel_home_kit_a.jpeg

Coventry were in a very different position than us with Elite Sports Group.

Owed much more by ESG, had to do deals with the administrator to buy their Hummel kit (& then sell it with a % given back to the warehouse who were storing it and also owed money) plus all the non-kit Coventry merch that Elite provided.

I’d suspect Coventry with their financial position also weren’t able to be too picky.

The administrator reports go into lots of details for Coventry (and someone else, Northampton?) and their deals but don’t reference us at all - clearly we just cut our losses and didn’t have any exposure from a third party still holding “our” stock.

Elite ran their store and everything else so they were properly at risk of shutting all retail operations down. So for them continuing with Hummel made sense…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

FFS, look at that. Why are they pushing this godawful and unwanted rebrand so hard? Purely from a marketing perspective it’s such a confused brand now.

When I watched the AK video yesterday, I was thinking that the top wouldn’t look bad if they just swapped the badges over! Put our badge in black and white on the front and “splat” on the sleeve. It would then look decent IMO. I would have bought it if it was like that, as I don’t mind the blue. I actually really like that it’s a two fingered salute to the Sags!