IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

13 minutes ago, Olé said:

I was down at AG randomly last Friday and had a look at the gear. Every single item looks horribly cheap, and by every single item I mean two items and some goalkeeping tops.

And this is coming from someone who once bought a Bristol Sport shirt. There's honestly a 10th tier club that plays in a park down the road from me with more and better gear.

Don't give me this O'Neils make proper kits. Ebay fakes have better 'Authentic' / 'Officially Licensed' badges than O'Neils one which looks like it was printed on a ZX Spectrum. 

Their City badge is flat and basic compared to Hummel's version which was a thing of beauty: brightly coloured, embossed text and ring, different textures in the white and red.

The third shirt is comfortably the most feeble kit this club has ever produced. It would genuinely not look out of place on a beach stall and has absolutely nothing to do with us.

The complete destruction of their own new branding is incredible. If I were the original designers I would completely disassociate myself with the club (one of them already did).

Besides that ******* clipart, they've moved our crest to the back of the shirt at a different and largely, illegible size, and there's even a third logo, Bristol City written in a scrawl.

There are some absolute lunatics at the club who really haven't got a clue what they're doing. And checking online I see that our "training gear" consists of three pairs of gloves.

Ladies and gentlemen we're a Championship club with turnover of £30m and aspirations to play in the Premier League and between us and O'Neils our sportswear line is gloves.

image.thumb.png.20a3fe3cd9ab3080372e5ada2f366264.png

You clearly forgot to click on the jumble sale section. 

Plenty of tat here if you’ve got money to burn. 

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/bcfclifestyle/all-lifestyle/all-lifestyle/

Seriously though, hopefully everyone keeps their hands in their pockets, it’s the only way the club will take any notice. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, glynriley said:

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/bcfclifestyle/all-lifestyle/all-lifestyle/

Seriously though, hopefully everyone keeps their hands in their pockets, it’s the only way the club will take any notice. 

Blimey,some (most) of that stuff is absolutely shocking!

21 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Jesus effing christ I hadn't seen that section.

This has finished me off now. Clipart we're so extraordinarily proud of we made a t-shirt with it on the front AND on the back. Because you can never have too many copies of the same image. This is all totally normal behaviour. I am convinced there's some imbecile sat at Ashton Gate using desktop publishing software, beaming proudly at every basic clipart layout they can come up with like a 4 year old at the end of art class. 

2520-471.jpg 4293.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Who have they got making that lot, Wish? 

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

When I watched the AK video yesterday, I was thinking that the top wouldn’t look bad if they just swapped the badges over! Put our badge in black and white on the front and “splat” on the sleeve. It would then look decent IMO. I would have bought it if it was like that, as I don’t mind the blue. I actually really like that it’s a two fingered salute to the Sags! 

I don’t mind the colour itself. I wouldn’t even mind it as an away kit. Because obviously that can’t be red. But what I can’t understand is why ALL of our training gear is this colour, when there’s no reason not to use club colours and it doesn’t represent our club in any way. Even worse, most of it uses a logo that isn’t recognisable as Bristol City. It’s bizarre marketing in the extreme to dilute the brand like this, without consultation or approval from the people they expect to buy it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I was down at AG randomly last Friday and had a look at the gear. Every single item looks horribly cheap, and by every single item I mean two items and some goalkeeping tops.

And this is coming from someone who once bought a Bristol Sport shirt. There's honestly a 10th tier club that plays in a park down the road from me with more and better gear.

Don't give me this O'Neils make proper kits. Ebay fakes have better 'Authentic' / 'Officially Licensed' badges than O'Neils one which looks like it was printed on a ZX Spectrum. 

Their City badge is flat and basic compared to Hummel's version which was a thing of beauty: brightly coloured, embossed text and ring, different textures in the white and red.

The third shirt is comfortably the most feeble kit this club has ever produced. It would genuinely not look out of place on a beach stall and has absolutely nothing to do with us.

The complete destruction of their own new branding is incredible. If I were the original designers I would completely disassociate myself with the club (one of them already did).

Besides that ******* clipart, they've moved our crest to the back of the shirt at a different and largely, illegible size, and there's even a third logo, Bristol City written in a scrawl.

There are some absolute lunatics at the club who really haven't got a clue what they're doing. And checking online I see that our "training gear" consists of three pairs of gloves.

Ladies and gentlemen we're a Championship club with turnover of £30m and aspirations to play in the Premier League and between us and O'Neils our sportswear line is gloves.

image.thumb.png.20a3fe3cd9ab3080372e5ada2f366264.png

We’re on the same page with this Rob. The quality is appalling. But most of all, I just can’t over the completely reckless dilution - perhaps even destruction - of a brand only recently re-established in recent years with the launch of the new club badge.

I’d absolutely love someone to explain it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Olé said:

This has finished me off now. Clipart we're so extraordinarily proud of we made a t-shirt with it on the front AND on the back. Because you can never have too many copies of the same image. This is all totally normal behaviour. I am convinced there's some imbecile sat at Ashton Gate using desktop publishing software, beaming proudly at every basic clipart layout they can come up with like a 4 year old at the end of art class. 

2520-471.jpg 4293.jpg

It's worse than you think.

At the end of the season, the world leading Rewards scheme is going to be full of this shite.

We'll all end up owning it.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's worse than you think.

At the end of the season, the world leading Rewards scheme is going to be full of this shite.

We'll all end up owning it.

The best thing would be if they populate the rewards with the splat robin crap, and nobody claims it. Might get the message if they can’t give it away. 

Edited by glynriley

35 minutes ago, Olé said:

2520-471.jpg 4293.jpg

The imbecile is Jon Lansdown a man should be nowhere near anything let alone anything commercial.

Even that shitty production company Fever Pitch seems to be putting out the same shite every new video/photo session. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Jumble sale is about right. That ' retro' 80's gear is hideous..and as for those half and half collars, deary me.

Just waiting for the new shell suit range, can't be long to wait now.

5 hours ago, Olé said:

2520-471.jpg 4293.jpg

Anyone who buys any of this tat needs to have a word with themselves.. Genuinely the worst range of merchandise i can remember us ever selling!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

The imbecile is Jon Lansdown a man should be nowhere near anything let alone anything commercial.

Even that shitty production company Fever Pitch seems to be putting out the same shite every new video/photo session. 

Beautifully put.

Where is the self appointed creative genius? …. hoping hes back home in Bermuda… and where’s that triangle so he can dissapear into it….

7 hours ago, mattjb said:

Blimey,some (most) of that stuff is absolutely shocking!

Are those ladies briefs crotch less? 

@Rudolf Hucker please let us know, if not a damn fine idea!!

I bought a shirt for this season. I’m 5:8  and an XL looks and feels way to tight. I also bought a black City Hummel jacket. Much better quality! 

I’m going to give my Shirt to my brother and or nephew and buy an XXL. Just a warning for online buyers!

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Are those ladies briefs crotch less? 

@Rudolf Hucker please let us know, if not a damn fine idea!!

I bought a shirt for this season. I’m 5:8  and an XL looks and feels way to tight. I also bought a black City Hummel jacket. Much better quality! 

I’m going to give my Shirt to my brother and or nephew and buy an XXL. Just a warning for online buyers!

This is how they get you.

Buy quality, buy once.

Before a ball has been kicked you are gonna be on shirt number two!

1 minute ago, Not Banksy said:

40 quid. 

Reality is they’ve actually done us all and figured it out… fixed the problem of having no stock by offering stuff no one wants ?

Could probably pick up a much nicer trakkie top for less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

Anyone who buys any of this tat needs to have a word with themselves.. Genuinely the worst range of merchandise i can remember us ever selling!

It’s a complete embarrassment.   The quality and design is just absolutely shocking.   People will buy it though unfortunately through blind faith, and the club know it.   

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is how they get you.

Buy quality, buy once.

Before a ball has been kicked you are gonna be on shirt number two!

Could probably pick up a much nicer trakkie top for less.

I couldn’t agree more. I haven’t bought one in years, so decided to get one along with my season ticket and my nephews season ticket (his was free and his seat was only about 60 quid)

Bad season to get one maybe, but as someone alluded the alternative is not having a good quality shirt, it’s not having the current City shirt at all. 

On 14/07/2023 at 15:46, View from the Dolman said:

Not sure there'd be posts on here saying "no problem" if City didn't release the shirt for sale until after the start of the season...

Excusing the fact that the shirt is rubbish, it's only just been revealed and isn't available until the 14th of August. Clearly there are problems.

14 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Collar is definitely different. Looks so naff

B04FA896-5278-4815-B7A6-E76D5D92ED5F.jpeg

Just when you think it couldn’t get any worse they change the collar.. Is there going to be a different variation of the same kit every few weeks or something? Mental.

40 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I couldn’t agree more. I haven’t bought one in years, so decided to get one along with my season ticket and my nephews season ticket (his was free and his seat was only about 60 quid)

Bad season to get one maybe, but as someone alluded the alternative is not having a good quality shirt, it’s not having the current City shirt at all. 

The fewer they sell the better , they’ll get rid of it. Save your money 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The fewer they sell the better , they’ll get rid of it. Save your money 

I agree! But it’s highly unlikely it’ll be got rid of until the end of the season. But that would be my recommendation! 

If they would like to exchange mine for something that’s not crap I’ll be all over it!

Edited by REDOXO

22 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Just when you think it couldn’t get any worse they change the collar.. Is there going to be a different variation of the same kit every few weeks or something? Mental.

The sleeves too, not even slightly uniform with the main section, it actually looks really bad doesn’t it…

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree! But it’s highly unlikely it’ll be got rid of until the end of the season. But that would be my recommendation! 

If they would like to exchange mine for something that’s not crap I’ll be all over it!

Yeah, they won’t be able to get rid of it until next season . Saying that , they did say it’s a multi year contract & now the egg chasers have got O’Neil’s as well. Imo , whoever decided to go with them should apologise as it’s embarrassing . I don’t buy shirts anymore but I want the lads to look the part  when they run out . Not like a bloody pub team . 

• Like 4