IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/bristol-city-kit-update/

City not going to have the away kit ready until September. In my opinion, City have been unbelievably poor in the last couple of years in regards to kits, last season's fiasco, and then this now. I think both kits released for this season are poor (obviously just my personal opinion), especially that third kit, and now they've failed to deliver an away kit before the start of the season.

I understand that last year it may not have been City at fault, but it was a shambles, changing kit before a new season etc. Not good enough for a team that looks to be keep going on the up - stadium, squad, financially etc. and then we keep making ridiculous mistakes that are extremely avoidable, it's a real shame.

12 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/bristol-city-kit-update/

City not going to have the away kit ready until September. In my opinion, City have been unbelievably poor in the last couple of years in regards to kits, last season's fiasco, and then this now. I think both kits released for this season are poor (obviously just my personal opinion), especially that third kit, and now they've failed to deliver an away kit before the start of the season.

I understand that last year it may not have been City at fault, but it was a shambles, changing kit before a new season etc. Not good enough for a team that looks to be keep going on the up - stadium, squad, financially etc. and then we keep making ridiculous mistakes that are extremely avoidable, it's a real shame.

You understand its not our fault but then have gone on to blame us? 

It's not our fault that Elite Sports went bust which meant we had to change kits. We had ran out of kits. We were using kits from the club shop which we had also ran out of. We had no choice but to have new shirts. 

I really can't see that without a crystal ball, how that was avoidable? 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's a better explanation than the last one but it frustrates me that there's nothing about why these issues occur.

Why is the away kit delayed until September?

Why are we using a "motif" or "design element" instead of our Club crest?

Why did they proceed with using/selling home shirts with clearly defective collars?

There's also nothing concrete about how these issues will be avoided in the future. So it's better, but it's still pretty lightweight and non-committal.

I kind of agree, but also why do we need to know some of this? Does it have any impact if they go "Ah sorry we submitted the design a week late" or "It was stuck in a back and forth design committee for a month" or whatever?  It's not like we can do of affect anything if we know that, and all it'll likely do it stoke further frustration and finger pointing.

I get that we're more than just consumers (you'd hope), we're fans, we want input, we want accountability, but I think it'd be quite odd for a club or company to come out with public statements about the kind of thing above, with "why's" and details which may then involve individuals or other companies. It'd be borderline unprofessional depending on the reasons.

I agree the communication needs to be better and sooner, but we also have to be kind of realistic with what we expect.

For me, the biggest issue as you're talking about "why" above, is that I can't see anyone related to the clothing thinking WHY fans wear the stuff in the first place, and keeping that front and center at all times. For me, and for most I expect it's not to make a fashion statement, it's not to wear something new and original, it's to visibly display our support for the club. Having a yellow third kit with O'Neills, Huboo, and the splat on it don't do that - I expect most fans would struggle to tell you which team that was. The same problem with the blue training wear with "City" on it. They've missed, or just not got people with the mindset in place to think about why.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I kind of agree, but also why do we need to know some of this? Does it have any impact if they go "Ah sorry we submitted the design a week late" or "It was stuck in a back and forth design committee for a month" or whatever?  It's not like we can do of affect anything if we know that, and all it'll likely do it stoke further frustration and finger pointing.

I get that we're more than just consumers (you'd hope), we're fans, we want input, we want accountability, but I think it'd be quite odd for a club or company to come out with public statements about the kind of thing above, with "why's" and details which may then involve individuals or other companies. It'd be borderline unprofessional depending on the reasons.

I agree the communication needs to be better and sooner, but we also have to be kind of realistic with what we expect.

For me, the biggest issue as you're talking about "why" above, is that I can't see anyone related to the clothing thinking WHY fans wear the stuff in the first place, and keeping that front and center at all times. For me, and for most I expect it's not to make a fashion statement, it's not to wear something new and original, it's to visibly display our support for the club. Having a yellow third kit with O'Neills, Huboo, and the splat on it don't do that - I expect most fans would struggle to tell you which team that was. The same problem with the blue training wear with "City" on it. They've missed, or just not got people with the mindset in place to think about why.

I can agree on my first and third points. 

The second one though, no I expect a proper explanation as to why they thought they needed to use a "design element" in place of the badge.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I can agree on my first and third points. 

The second one though, no I expect a proper explanation as to why they thought they needed to use a "design element" in place of the badge.

Agree. It’s not a proper explanation at all. The positive I take from it is the club , especially JL now understands not to keep buggering  about with the badge & how much people dislike splat. 

• Like 2

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Agree. It’s not a proper explanation at all. The positive I take from it is the club , especially JL now understands not to keep buggering  about with the badge & how much people dislike splat. 

.. and that O’Neils need to raise their game by several notches.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You have a lot more faith in him than I do, that he won't just shrug his shoulders and say "who gives a **** what they think,I'm the boss"

• Like 3
  • Flames 6

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You understand its not our fault but then have gone on to blame us? 

It's not our fault that Elite Sports went bust which meant we had to change kits. We had ran out of kits. We were using kits from the club shop which we had also ran out of. We had no choice but to have new shirts. 

I really can't see that without a crystal ball, how that was avoidable? 

I didn't want to blame it all on City. There was about 20 clubs in the UK that were using Hummel and therefore being distributed by Elite Sports, I'm pretty sure that City were the only ones to change kit mid-season.

Away kits last year also weren't replenished prior to Elite Sports going bust, it was because it's all done off of statistics and due to a lower selling away kit the year before, that's why it wasn't restocked prior to Elite Sports going bust. And that was actually a lovely kit, and I wish I had managed to get my hands on it before it going out of stock. Hopefully this season's away kit is similar to make up for it.

34 minutes ago, BCFCAL said:

I didn't want to blame it all on City. There was about 20 clubs in the UK that were using Hummel and therefore being distributed by Elite Sports, I'm pretty sure that City were the only ones to change kit mid-season.

Away kits last year also weren't replenished prior to Elite Sports going bust, it was because it's all done off of statistics and due to a lower selling away kit the year before, that's why it wasn't restocked prior to Elite Sports going bust. And that was actually a lovely kit, and I wish I had managed to get my hands on it before it going out of stock. Hopefully this season's away kit is similar to make up for it.

We literally ran out of kits to use. So what else were we to do? 

Elite Sports didn't just go bust over night. They were in big trouble for a long time before that. Maybe watch the Hashtag United video that was posted which may give an insight as to why it wasn't restocked! 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

very weak and pathetic statement/‘explanation’, that, from whoever gave it

Like it was written by a pissed off child (Jon?)

Also "We are aware of an issue around the collar sizing on a small batch of 2023/24 home shirts," City added. "In some instances the collar opening was too large. Should you feel you have bought an affected shirt please come into the Ashton Gate Store and our retail staff will be able to confirm if your shirt is affected and offer a replacement."

They were still flogging shit with this collar last week. Im assuming they knew about it and sold it anyway.

• Like 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, BCFCAL said:

There was about 20 clubs in the UK that were using Hummel and therefore being distributed by Elite Sports, I'm pretty sure that City were the only ones to change kit mid-season.

Old Hummel UK Bankrupt: Bristol City Switch Kit Makers During Season & Release 23-24 Home Kit - Footy Headlines

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't see any reference to Bristol City on the O'Neills website, I'm sure they had a story on there last season about becoming our new kit suppliers.

Probably just missed it.

I can't find anything on their website

Sports apparel, international sportswear and teamwear | O’Neills (oneills.com)

39 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Like it was written by a pissed off child (Jon?)

Also "We are aware of an issue around the collar sizing on a small batch of 2023/24 home shirts," City added. "In some instances the collar opening was too large. Should you feel you have bought an affected shirt please come into the Ashton Gate Store and our retail staff will be able to confirm if your shirt is affected and offer a replacement."

They were still flogging shit with this collar last week. Im assuming they knew about it and sold it anyway.

Yes they were as late as Friday afternoon

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You give him far too much credit, he's a typical rich kid with limited intelligence and skills that luckily was born into a rich family. It will fall on deaf ears

• Thanks 1

Wow. Popped into shop today. Barely any stock! Will be embarrassing on saturday with everyone visiting to purchase stuff. 
Couldnt buy a full kit for my little’un at all of any type ( age 9 ). 
If they had shirts, then no shorts or socks. Or no shirts but socks and shorts. Absolute disgrace of a commercial operation to not have kit available to their fans. 
Whoever is in charge must ( or should be ) feeling awful. A massive own goal here by the club at a prime time for purchasing what with half term and a new season upon us. 
Wont be going near the store for a while now so theyve lost a bigger spend from me because of this. Im sure im one of many many more that will do the same now. 

16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Wow. Popped into shop today. Barely any stock! Will be embarrassing on saturday with everyone visiting to purchase stuff. 
If they had shirts, then no shorts or socks. Or no shirts but socks and shorts. Absolute disgrace of a commercial operation to not have kit available to their fans. 
Whoever is in charge must ( or should be ) feeling awful. A massive own goal here by the club at a prime time for purchasing what with half term and a new season upon us. 
Wont be going near the store for a while now so theyve lost a bigger spend from me because of this. Im sure im one of many many more that will do the same now. 

Going like hot cakes 

2 hours ago, barno73 said:

Just came across this offering from Salford City-

Bit of charity

Bit of pop culture 

Easy on the eye……

IMG_0120.jpeg

Here’s their home kit. A template from Adidas but a really smart, clean shirt. Personally I’d prefer us to have something like this. Oh and Adidas products £10 cheaper than O’Neils? 
Not so sure about Bez and Shaun playing up top together though!! 

IMG_0480.png

IMG_0481.png

Edited by Mendip City
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Who ever is in charge should be sacked 

• Admin
2 hours ago, barno73 said:

Just came across this offering from Salford City-

Bit of charity

Bit of pop culture 

Easy on the eye……

IMG_0120.jpeg

Obviously all about personal choice but it looks horrific to me 

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Let's hope as a business wanting to make money they have cleared space to fill the shelves in time for Saturday 

56 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Watch this space…

Good luck with that 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Obviously all about personal choice but it looks horrific to me 

Let's hope as a business wanting to make money they have cleared space to fill the shelves in time for Saturday 

Good luck with that 

Asked the chap there. Said blimey its empty, saturday is gunna be fun. Any new deliveries? He said ‘dont think so’. ??

• Thanks 1