IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

Just a thought .. Thinking about it.. have they pulled the kit as it had the splat on it.. surely releasing in September was never the plan… they must have seen how much people hated it after the third kit came out… seems a bit of a mad situation to not have an away kit this long after the deal was made with oneills 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Who ever is in charge should be sacked 

I think that's a bit harsh. We've only been with O'Neills for 5/6 months. There was no time for them to prepare for a ramp up in production etc. It was straight in at the deep end and I genuinely believe O'Neills have done the best they could do. The away kit not being released until Sept was probably agreed before hand. Could even be a marketing reason for it. 

However who ever thought the splat was a good idea should be sacked. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think that's a bit harsh. We've only been with O'Neills for 5/6 months. There was no time for them to prepare for a ramp up in production etc. It was straight in at the deep end and I genuinely believe O'Neills have done the best they could do. The away kit not being released until Sept was probably agreed before hand. Could even be a marketing reason for it. 

Do you work for O'Neills? ?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Club Chairman Jon Lansdown has expressed his delight in the new partnership, stating that O'Neills' products are manufactured within the UK, a rarity in the industry, which benefits the sustainability point of view, and ensures a strong supply chain of products for both the squad and supporters throughout the year.

Strong supply chain of products don't look that strong at the minute!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We literally ran out of kits to use. So what else were we to do? 

Elite Sports didn't just go bust over night. They were in big trouble for a long time before that. Maybe watch the Hashtag United video that was posted which may give an insight as to why it wasn't restocked! 

I haven't seen that video, I'll give it a watch. I just think if all the other clubs managed, why couldn't we? - Beforehand obviously, not once they were bust and we couldn't receive any more kits, maybe a contingency plan like I'm guessing the other clubs had. Agree with the point of companies don't go bust overnight, could City not have looked into it and spoken to Hummel perhaps before going into what I think was a 6 year deal? Maybe the video will give me them answers I suppose, interesting to find out though and hopefully both of these situations City learn from. Multiple people/organizations at fault I think personally

• Admin
11 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

Just a thought .. Thinking about it.. have they pulled the kit as it had the splat on it.. surely releasing in September was never the plan… they must have seen how much people hated it after the third kit came out… seems a bit of a mad situation to not have an away kit this long after the deal was made with oneills 

No, kit wasn't "pulled" because of the "splat" 

September was never the plan - but sometimes things are outside the clubs control

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Surely any contract with them would stipulate that x number of shirts would be available for retail by x date. Also that the Away kit would be available to both the club and fans before x date.

If they were unable to agree to that then we should have moved on to the next kit manufacturer. 

All seems pretty amateur to me and looks like we jumped from the proverbial frying pan into the fire.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Surely any contract with them would stipulate that x number of shirts would be available for retail by x date. Also that the Away kit would be available to both the club and fans before x date.

If they were unable to agree to that then we should have moved on to the next kit manufacturer. 

All seems pretty amateur to me and looks like we jumped from the proverbial frying pan into the fire.

Any decent contract would have penalty clauses relating to failure to meet specified requirements, timings, quantities and quality being critical performance measures. 

Suspect the Club won’t lose out financially on their supplier’s performance, or lack of it.

The ‘loss’, aside from O’Neills likely financial and reputational damage, is for the fans. The Club should’ve understood this, and should’ve been far more open and apologetic with us about the situation. Think fans would have been far less critical of the situation if that had taken place. Most of us understand the position that Hummel left us (although that’s largely due to Hash Tags video, nothing that our Club has done ) and the need for patience/tolerance while the mess was sorted out. 

‘Splat’, however, would appear exclusively of our own making, which is unfortunate. 

Time for a Nigel-type person to move in to oversee our commercial, design and communications teams and get some of the basics sorted.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

No, kit wasn't "pulled" because of the "splat" 

September was never the plan - but sometimes things are outside the clubs control

What things though?  
Not sure what that huge secret around it is - especially if it’s not the clubs fault? If it is supply line issues why the secret squirrel approach.   Club should just come out and say it surely? Surely honesty is the best policy?  
Or are they embarrassed that they left a high quality kit producer due to apparent supply issues and so feel they cannot go public with that excuse? Just seems odd that it’s so shrouded in secrecy and as such is probably being made into something that it really doesn’t have to be made into.    

On 02/08/2023 at 13:15, BCFCAL said:

I didn't want to blame it all on City. There was about 20 clubs in the UK that were using Hummel and therefore being distributed by Elite Sports, I'm pretty sure that City were the only ones to change kit mid-season.

Away kits last year also weren't replenished prior to Elite Sports going bust, it was because it's all done off of statistics and due to a lower selling away kit the year before, that's why it wasn't restocked prior to Elite Sports going bust. And that was actually a lovely kit, and I wish I had managed to get my hands on it before it going out of stock. Hopefully this season's away kit is similar to make up for it.

Last year's away kit under Hummel was indeed a thing of beauty. Sigh.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, barno73 said:

Just came across this offering from Salford City-

Bit of charity

Bit of pop culture 

Easy on the eye……

IMG_0120.jpeg

Sorry, but that's crap. Looks like a JD Sports special with a badge and sponsor. Pretty naff. TBH, I never liked any of the Adidas designs when we had them, especially not the hated Star Trek kit. Template hell.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Time for a Nigel-type person to move in to oversee our commercial, design and communications teams and get some of the basics sorted.

Indeed. It’s something that i thought the club was getting better at but clearly not.

The club shop is also something that needs a complete overhaul/re-think. Not fit for purpose and is far too small. We have a sizeable modern 27,000 seater stadium with a tiny understocked shop, it’s an embarrassment that needs sorting.

14 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Indeed. It’s something that i thought the club was getting better at but clearly not.

The club shop is also something that needs a complete overhaul/re-think. Not fit for purpose and is far too small. We have a sizeable modern 27,000 seater stadium with a tiny understocked shop, it’s an embarrassment that needs sorting.

Isn’t there going to be a new shop when the sports quarter is developed?

• Like 1

Completely off subject but I was interested to see what our kits could look like if supplied by another company so I made some:

Adidas:
caMH36K.png uEbivql.png

Errea:

xBkfJDC.png 39IIZjf.png

Macron:

qVmhdL0.png 1iMGp8k.png

New Balance: 

xsESnzz.pngy7wV1vC.png

Nike:

KbjmWTD.png fDy1SO6.png

Puma:

Ad4MeJX.png iTNxRjM.png

Umbro:

I601wEh.png KAI5hi4.png

Edited by Spike
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Completely off subject but I was interested to see what our kits could look like if supplied by another company so I made some:

Adidas:
caMH36K.png uEbivql.png

Errea:

xBkfJDC.png 39IIZjf.png

Macron:

qVmhdL0.png 1iMGp8k.png

New Balance: 

xsESnzz.pngy7wV1vC.png

Nike:

KbjmWTD.png fDy1SO6.png

Puma:

Ad4MeJX.png iTNxRjM.png

Umbro:

I601wEh.png KAI5hi4.png

You need a hobby mate 

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

You need a hobby mate 

The irony.... 

I make kits as a hobby, I have even had some of mine put into production so I guess I have a hobby?

6 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Goes to show it’s not that easy!

I restricted the designs to templates from each company. So essentially they are each company templates recoloured with our colours. My idea was to test which companies' templates look good and which don't. When it comes to designing a good kit for us, I'd personally keep it simple and look at the bespoke stuff like Hummel and Bristol Sport did, which is one of the reasons I'm so confused that we've got it that wrong this season as Bristol Sport got a lot right.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Goes to show it’s not that easy!

Well, personally, I think they’re a lot better than our third shirt effort. Goes to show it is easy, particularly with such a low bar having been set by our Club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The irony.... 

I make kits as a hobby, I have even had some of mine put into production so I guess I have a hobby?

I restricted the designs to templates from each company. So essentially they are each company templates recoloured with our colours. My idea was to test which companies' templates look good and which don't. When it comes to designing a good kit for us, I'd personally keep it simple and look at the bespoke stuff like Hummel and Bristol Sport did, which is one of the reasons I'm so confused that we've got it that wrong this season as Bristol Sport got a lot right.

Follow a template but make it bespoke. Right. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4