IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Okay. Your kits are shit. 

To be fair, your keen insights into the art of budget-conscious shopping truly astound me. It's remarkable how some people can find value in knock-off kits that are practically a steal at one-fifth of the price! I must admit, my ability to comprehend such financial wizardry is truly limited. 

Good sarcasm, 8/10.

And as for your noble stance on personal attacks, I am genuinely in awe of your self-restraint. It's almost as if you've ascended to a higher plane of online discourse, untouched by the petty provocations of passive-aggressiveness. My deepest apologies for any perceived slights in my previous response – it's clear you're the paragon of civility.

I mean it's not hard to not get personal, most people on here manage it just fine. 

Also, I must apologise for my inability to discern your true age through the internet, but at 42 (still making kits?), your wit and wisdom shine brighter than ever. You're absolutely right; disagreements on the internet are par for the course. Some people do take offence rather easily (me clearly), while others, like yourself, are unflinchingly resilient. Kudos to you for your unwavering resolve!

You made an assumption, I cleared it up, it's just correcting you on an assumption. I get offended sometimes, everyone does, I just don't see the point in getting personal and making a bad situation worse. 

It's not a case of me being an better than anyone, it's just a case of seeing there is no point in getting personal as it doesn't solve anything. 

As for your shopping habits, I bow to your unmatched frugality. Why indeed spend £50-60 on an official kit when you can fashionably acquire a knock-off with all the bells and whistles for a mere £14? It's a financial acumen that defies logic, and I can only aspire to reach such heights of fiscal wisdom.

You've ignored my point entirely here. I made it clear that I've spent in the shop every year for 25 years. I did this because the quality was good, or at the very least it was fair value. 

O'Neills offers neither, the casual wear is awful, the splash Robin has gone down like a lead weight and the one "decent" kit they made had collar and quality issues. 

Buying from a knock off means you're not putting money into the club which is the only statement as a fan that we can make, by not buying the goods they are providing. I spent £70 a shirt from Hummel because the quality was good, the designs were great and it felt like although it was expensive it was worth it. But refusing to do the same with O'Neills the club gets hit where it bothers them the most, in the bank balance. If people buy O'Neills stuff then the deal will continue, if they don't buy it then the club will look for a supplier that people want to buy. 

Frugality is a small bonus, it's much nicer to pay £14 for something you don't want to support but it is the only option if you want your clubs shirt but don't want to support the supplier. 

And your decision not to support your beloved club with official merchandise – it's truly selfless. By depriving the club of your £50-60, you're clearly doing them a massive favour.

The club is a business as well as a football club. As I said above, denying them the financial support I've given them for over 25 years of a statement. If they want the fans to buy their goods then they need to respect the fans rather than getting a supplier who can't even live up to the name of supplier when they still haven't supplied an away kit. I support Bristol City, not O'Neills and so it is up to the club to make a new deal when they can if they want continued financial support. 

Let's hope they notice this grand gesture and rethink their entire partnership with O'Neills. After all, who needs high-quality official merchandise when you can have those "god awful casual wear" and elusive away kits to look forward to?

I hope so too, I mean when people hated the Adidas kits they ended the deal and what did they do, they went in house and delivered some of the best kits in our history and guess what, I bought a lot of them. 

Edited by Spike
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh, bravo! Let's all take a moment to appreciate your masterful use of passive aggression. I mean, it's not like we could have a civilized conversation without a hint of sarcasm, right? Clearly, you're a shining example of how not to talk to someone in person. I'm guessing you're just preparing for senior school, and the nerves are getting the best of you. Trust me, we've all been there.

I stuck up for you earlier in this thread, as you were getting pelters for your kit designs. Clearly that’s not taught you anything about having a bit of human kindness. 

Ps, they were shit, I just felt pity for you for being bullied. 

I thought he made a fair point, and the only childish reply was yours?

To the untrained eye, no one would know it's a fake - many will just see a City shirt.

Worst case it makes O'Neils look even worse because people will assume the fake is real and just shit quality (which isn't far from the truth)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Just went to the shop.

Still no keeper kids tops - weeks and weeks until new stock

Not many home kids tops left, about 15 on the rack - weeks for new stock

No idea on away kit they haven't been told anything in the shop

Loads of yellow kit

It's great we got a manufacturer based in the UK ?

Can't really blame them if the kits were never ordered.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Just went to the shop.

Still no keeper kids tops - weeks and weeks until new stock

Not many home kids tops left, about 15 on the rack - weeks for new stock

No idea on away kit they haven't been told anything in the shop

Loads of yellow kit

It's great we got a manufacturer based in the UK ?

Surprised you wasted your time - we knew all the above already

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I thought he made a fair point, and the only childish reply was yours?

To the untrained eye, no one would know it's a fake - many will just see a City shirt.

Worst case it makes O'Neils look even worse because people will assume the fake is real and just shit quality (which isn't far from the truth)

Noted

Probably mentioned before but I can’t be bothered reading back through 89 pages. Has anyone ordered the home shirt in the size up this year think it’ll give themselves more room only to realise its still tight? Bought one this week. Far too tight around the neck and arms. Will have to go up two sizes from my normal. Never done this before. What is going on! Anyone else experiencing this? 

14 minutes ago, westonred said:

Just imagine if after all this time the away shirts finally turn up but have that ridiculous flying Robin on instead of the BCFC Robin. Can you imagine the meltdown on here

I mean rightfully so, if the club have gone back and reworked the kit because of the backlash of it being blue and then they do this they may as well just say "We don't want you to buy it" 

18 minutes ago, westonred said:

Just imagine if after all this time the away shirts finally turn up but have that ridiculous flying Robin on instead of the BCFC Robin. Can you imagine the meltdown on here

They won't. The away shirts will have the club badge on the chest, as the home shirts do. Source is Dave Barton/Phil Alexander.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What backlash? 

From what I've seen most would embrace a blue away shirt.

I mean loads of people were on twitter, here and other places complaining about the away kit being blue.
It would be interesting to actually see numbers mind, as in a poll or something to see who would wear a blue away kit. I have the gold and blue one from our Bristol Sports kits and I quite like it but I'll admit, it doesn't feel very "Bristol City"

On 02/09/2023 at 07:22, Red_30 said:

Probably mentioned before but I can’t be bothered reading back through 89 pages. Has anyone ordered the home shirt in the size up this year think it’ll give themselves more room only to realise its still tight? Bought one this week. Far too tight around the neck and arms. Will have to go up two sizes from my normal. Never done this before. What is going on! Anyone else experiencing this? 

The neck on the keeper shirt is very tight, I worry about ripping it every time

• Admin
1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

I'm guessing the away kit's not been announced, then?

Was always Late August - early September..... I wonder what the definition of this will be

At worst the SC&T should get an update from the club on the 13th next week

1 hour ago, UREDS_91 said:

I have a feeling this was what was going to happen, then the fans kicked off so have had to go back and redesign. 

Totally untrue, assume you realise how much planning goes into producing a kit

Nice conspiracy theory though

• Like 2