IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

• Admin
1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Some kids are still waiting for their kit with their season tickets as the home/3rd/keeper kit is shite or unavailable. 

As someone on the sc&t shouldnt you care because other fans clearly do? 

You've misunderstood me, personally I have no interest but you are correct that it will be raised 

As with last month when the SC&T sub committee met with the club, (that prompted the club to announce those release dates) if the kits are not confirmed before Wednesday I can confirm that the question will be asked again for an update 

It's why I have said a few times in this thread that at worst information will be released next week 

Out of courtesy the minutes taken by the SC&T are shared with the club first to advise what we will be releasing, then we'll share on the SC&T website before being announced on here 

• Admin
Just now, MarcusX said:

Not even sure why they had to release a “third” kit first. Just call it an away kit and bring the 3rd one out later and no one would even be moaning

I do agree with you 

The only thing that I can think is that the club already confirmed our change colours to the EFL and we have to stick to that 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I do agree with you 

The only thing that I can think is that the club already confirmed our change colours to the EFL and we have to stick to that 

Yea that’s probably true. I’m guessing they didn’t anticipate this delay, or they thought the anticipation might drum up shirt sales?

Im sure it’s not the first time we’ve waited this long for a shirt to be released, may have been a purple third kit - didn’t we have a situation where we were approaching a game against someone in red and white and there was speculation about what we’d wear?

Got a feeling it was 14-15 promotion season, Sheff Utd away? And it was the first purple shirt rebirth?

edit just look d that up and we played them early in season so maybe we didn’t wait that long!

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

It still amazes me that people seem to care so much

Wow. I think you’ve shown your true colours there. Im not sure being involved in a group representing fans views is really for you. I see you’ve already started to backtrack in other posts.

@thatcham red @Blagdon Mike is this how board members should interact with supporters? 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Wow. I think you’ve shown your true colours there. Im not sure being involved in a group representing fans views is really for you. I see you’ve already started to backtrack in other posts.

@thatcham red @Blagdon Mike is this how board members should interact with supporters? 

Your obsession is getting a bit weird. 

• Like 2

• Admin
5 hours ago, Henry said:

Believe it or not I have my own opinions, but if you bothered to read the whole thread you will see my replies already about assisting people in this issue. 

2 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Your obsession is getting a bit weird. 

I'm pleased to say it's been noticed by others about this posters constant slagging off of the SC&T

Sadly as admin I can't really hit the ignore button either 

9 hours ago, James54De said:

Hummel wouldn’t make it. That’s the difference. 

Hummel aren't the dictionary definition of perfection though are they . 
The problems their distribution companies have had are well documented on here, it's not like we dumped hem to save money.
Plus I got a Hummel tee shirt, the crest black on black. I liked it because it was subtle. It's now after washing , pretty much just a black shirt, you can barely see the Crest. 
I was in the shop recently, the washed out kit looks decent quality. I don't particularly like it, but there are loads of our shirts over the years I haven't liked. The "splat" Robin, would have been great for a kids line of clothing, but again there are loads of leisure/training wear over the years I've hated.

Just to show it's easy to criticise, here are some quote of Castore Vs Hummel

And I thought Hummel's offering last year was alright but seeing clip of a game from last season earlier it's like night and day and really shows up Hummel to be honest

Castore and it's not even close.
The Hummel stuff was crap

Castore pisses all over Hummel.
Glad we are rid of the chevron shit.

I liked a lot of the Hummel stuff, but we aren't the only Club to dump them, and we got away fairly lightly it seems. It does feel like this is an easy stick to beat the Club with.
There would have been limited options with Companies to go with ( and I'm repeating myself here ), none of the "bigger" "better" Clubs would have been in a position to get a kit out as quickly as we wanted. The designs aren't down to ONeils , the Robin isn't down to ONeils and the Pricing isn't down to ONeils. That would down to Jon and his crayons and a mistaken idea that you can charge a similar price for a Tee shirt as you can for a playing shirt that will always be a part of our history (however ugly). 
The last one I mention as I like the black "City" tee, but £40 ?? My Mrs did Tough Mudder recently and they gave better away to finishers !

As for the Bears "Bear" shirt, Hummel would 100% have done that if the Club took that design to them.

• Like 2

• Admin
15 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Not even sure why they had to release a “third” kit first. Just call it an away kit and bring the 3rd one out later and no one would even be moaning

As another poster said above "money".

This is the only kit we are releasing this season after the switch last term so they are labelling it "away" to attach more importance to it subconsciously.

As it stands we have a home kit and a change kit so operationally we are fine. 

However, from a financial POV, it's not a great look to be telling the fans "we are at our limit on wages" and then at the same time be missing out on a new kit release. As each week goes by slightly fewer people will end up buying it thanks to their own perception of "value" being diminished as the season counts down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

As an aside, am I just being ignorant or have Castore seemingly come out of nowhere? I'd never noticed them before but now they seem to be everywhere, is it a rebranding of an existing firm?

I've explained in previous posts here Ian that Castore wasn't a thing until around 2015 ish.

A couple of under 30s sporting brothers wanted to get into sportswear. Because of a financial background their connections obviously helped. They have significant backing.

A shrewd move to get a major team to wear their clothing must've helped despite the obvious cost. Just like Admiral who went for Leeds in the early 70s which took their sportswear to another level, so did Castore with Rangers plus other non- football teams.

Who made/make Castore clothing? Don't know.....maybe O'Neills under licence! Now that would be funny.

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I've explained in previous posts here Ian that Castore wasn't a thing until around 2015 ish.

A couple of under 30s sporting brothers wanted to get into sportswear. Because of a financial background their connections obviously helped. They have significant backing.

A shrewd move to get a major team to wear their clothing must've helped despite the obvious cost. Just like Admiral who went for Leeds in the early 70s which took their sportswear to another level, so did Castore with Rangers plus other non- football teams.

Who made/make Castore clothing? Don't know.....maybe O'Neills under licence! Now that would be funny.

That's on me. This is a thread I am dipping in and out of, I haven't read all 91 pages ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Believe it or not I have my own opinions, but if you bothered to read the whole thread you will see my replies already about assisting people in this issue. 

I'm pleased to say it's been noticed by others about this posters constant slagging off of the SC&T

Sadly as admin I can't really hit the ignore button either 

I just want my club to be better and held to account more. Other clubs trust do put more pressure on their clubs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ian M said:

That's on me. This is a thread I am dipping in and out of, I haven't read all 91 pages ?

Representation wise it all started with tennis and Andy Murray - he was an early investor and patron of the brand (although he has his own line of tennis wear - AMC ‘Andy Murray Castore’.). I remember first seeing him wear it at Wimbledon and thinking WTH is he wearing. I’m not a fan of the brand but that’s just taste and you can’t help but respect the young lads story of how they worked hard to set it up and how successful they are becoming. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

I was really hoping this could be, sadly ...

manufactured in a technologically advanced, eco-friendly factory in Portugal

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

Representation wise it all started with tennis and Andy Murray - he was an early investor and patron of the brand (although he has his own line of tennis wear - AMC ‘Andy Murray Castore’.). I remember first seeing him wear it at Wimbledon and thinking WTH is he wearing. I’m not a fan of the brand but that’s just taste and you can’t help but respect the young lads story of how they worked hard to set it up and how successful they are becoming. 

Seems like very clever strategy from the start. 
From a few posts , fans seem to like it, which is great. But linking up with names in each area is very shrewd business.
Newcastle FC, McLaren, Rangers FC, Andy Murray, Reiss & Oracle Red Bull Racing is a great partnership list for a young company.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Hummel aren't the dictionary definition of perfection though are they . 
The problems their distribution companies have had are well documented on here, it's not like we dumped hem to save money.
Plus I got a Hummel tee shirt, the crest black on black. I liked it because it was subtle. It's now after washing , pretty much just a black shirt, you can barely see the Crest. 
I was in the shop recently, the washed out kit looks decent quality. I don't particularly like it, but there are loads of our shirts over the years I haven't liked. The "splat" Robin, would have been great for a kids line of clothing, but again there are loads of leisure/training wear over the years I've hated.

Just to show it's easy to criticise, here are some quote of Castore Vs Hummel

And I thought Hummel's offering last year was alright but seeing clip of a game from last season earlier it's like night and day and really shows up Hummel to be honest

Castore and it's not even close.
The Hummel stuff was crap

Castore pisses all over Hummel.
Glad we are rid of the chevron shit.

I liked a lot of the Hummel stuff, but we aren't the only Club to dump them, and we got away fairly lightly it seems. It does feel like this is an easy stick to beat the Club with.
There would have been limited options with Companies to go with ( and I'm repeating myself here ), none of the "bigger" "better" Clubs would have been in a position to get a kit out as quickly as we wanted. The designs aren't down to ONeils , the Robin isn't down to ONeils and the Pricing isn't down to ONeils. That would down to Jon and his crayons and a mistaken idea that you can charge a similar price for a Tee shirt as you can for a playing shirt that will always be a part of our history (however ugly). 
The last one I mention as I like the black "City" tee, but £40 ?? My Mrs did Tough Mudder recently and they gave better away to finishers !

As for the Bears "Bear" shirt, Hummel would 100% have done that if the Club took that design to them.

No, they would not have. 

• Admin
57 minutes ago, Henry said:

I just want my club to be better and held to account more. Other clubs trust do put more pressure on their clubs.

28 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

I can imagine the meetings are very chummy and not much pressure if any is put on the club. 

Have you considered attending the meetings yourselves?
I believe they are held virtually so can be done from the comfort of your own home (but I am not a member so I'm prepared to be corrected if I'm wrong there).
It shouldn't always be "someone else's job"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Have you considered attending the meetings yourselves?
I believe they are held virtually so can be done from the comfort of your own home (but I am not a member so I'm prepared to be corrected if I'm wrong there).
It shouldn't always be "someone else's job"

From what I assume those meetings are just with other sc&t members. Then a couple of those members who say such things as "It still amazes me that people seem to care so much" speak to the club about things people in those meetings care about.

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

From what I assume hose meetings are just with other sc&t members. Then a couple of those members who say such things as "It still amazes me that people seem to care so much" speak to the club about things people in those meetings care about.

From their website.

Venue and time: Meetings start at 7.00 pm. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, all meetings are now being held on Zoom. To request a link, please email info@bristolcitysupporters.org

All welcome!

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/meet/

• Admin
4 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

From what I assume those meetings are just with other sc&t members. Then a couple of those members who say such things as "It still amazes me that people seem to care so much" speak to the club about things people in those meetings care about.

I definitely remember seeing it being posted that anyone can attend.
I also see that the person who is amazed that people seem to care so much is still going to bring it up on behalf of others.
But if you're just here to troll Phantom and I've missed the point then I'll stop wasting my time on you.

• Like 2