IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

I've not been bothered about the away kit, but as they have stated there will be one they should at least follow through ?

It looks like the away kit will be launched in time to be valid for around 6 months. It's bad enough they change all 3 kits every year, but when one is delayed this long you do question if it's worth it.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Back into the new grassroots season now so I'm spending a lot of my time on the touchline at training and matches again, as I'm sure are plenty of other parents here.

Seeing kids wearing our O'Neil kits alongside other kids (sadly) wearing their Premier League tops really highlights just how crap it is. The fit is terrible and they just look like the bought them in a market on holiday in Spain. My son's team wears Puma and their training wear and kit is infinitely superior to City's stuff.

Couple things spring to mind:

1) The kids seem to like it (granted kids are generally idiots, but that’s encouraging still)

2) Even if some fans think our kit is crap, I’d much rather see people wandering Bristol around in a crap city kit than a “good” Manure/L’pool/‘City, kit etc etc

• Like 5

On 11/09/2023 at 11:08, 1960maaan said:
*Poor stock generally.
*Xmas jumpers with Reindeer when we have a Robin on the crest. Then not available around Christmas.
*No Xmas Decorations.
*Kit constantly late.
*Poor variety .
*High prices
*not enough impulse buy options
All things that seem obvious to me, but beyond the current set up.

+
The Easter egg debacle

Comic Sans training wear

Hashtags that weren't actually allowed on the shirt

That god awful 125th anniversary shirt

The rewards scheme/great junk giveaway

OK that's a little bit wider than the shop but it's in the same commercial ballpark 

Thought they’d use the international break to announce it.. if they don’t and they said the start of September.. that’s pretty odd.

Ah well.. all the more reason to move to a proper supplier when this deal runs out… 

have to say though now the season has started, as long as we win every week they can wear that yellow thing if they like. 

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

We must be the only club in the entire football league to not announce an away kit yet.

Wish they’d hurry up, my daughter has a season ticket voucher for a shirt. No home kits in her size and the yellow splat robin special looks awful so she’s holding out for a hopefully better away top. The chances of it being both better and having one in her size are probably remote though!

4 minutes ago, mattjb said:

Wish they’d hurry up, my daughter has a season ticket voucher for a shirt. No home kits in her size and the yellow splat robin special looks awful so she’s holding out for a hopefully better away top. The chances of it being both better and having one in her size are probably remote though!

well, hopefully they'll honour the voucher for next season :city:

17 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Couple things spring to mind:

1) The kids seem to like it (granted kids are generally idiots, but that’s encouraging still)

2) Even if some fans think our kit is crap, I’d much rather see people wandering Bristol around in a crap city kit than a “good” Manure/L’pool/‘City, kit etc etc

1) Younger kids don’t care. Older kids do and my nearly-13-year-old thinks it’s crap. Brand also matters more to older kids and Oneill has zero street cred.

2) Obviously I agree, but producing crap gear does not help with this.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

1) Younger kids don’t care. Older kids do and my nearly-13-year-old thinks it’s crap. Brand also matters more to older kids and Oneill has zero street cred.

2) Obviously I agree, but producing crap gear does not help with this.

no, it just reinforces the idea of City being a poor outfit/ a bit crap. How will you encourage people to wear it / buy into supporting the club especially for brand conscious individuals

• Like 2