IGNORED

Zak Vyner player of the season so far

BS3_RED

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Unbelievable!

We’ve just watched our lads match up against the (arguably) the best team in the country, and some of our fans are straight on here to criticise an academy graduate.

Let’s look at the positives tonight instead. 

Can only conclude that they've been waiting all season to do it.

Utterly pathetic.

• Like 3

This is the first time that Vyner has made an unlucky 50/50. If he'd have left it and it went in he would have been massacred on here. 

The bloke has come on Leaps and bounds. I personally am proud of the performance he put in tonight and more importantly weekly. 

Easy to criticise the man  in the arena. Be objective and get some perspective. 

Head up Zak....go again.

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yes Vyner didn't have his best game, but that could said of a few players tonight.

If you're singling out Zac, i'd say you've got an 'agenda' of some type....

And if frankly given the opposition, players on a lot more money playing for much better teams have been shown up by this team, so a bit of perspective needed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

Watched the replay again for Fodens second. It's going in if Vyner leaves it

I had a good line on it and it was going wide. I'd be much more annoyed if he left a ball like that (without a call) and they scored.

2 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Thought the occasion got to him, but to judge his whole season on that is very unfair 

I don't think he did much wrong, maybe guilty of playing a few championship quality passes into midfield which Man City were able to intercept. Made some decent blocks. It's still a yes from me.

• Like 3

Vyner was an absolute liability with the ball at his feet tonight. Gave Man City two very good opportunities we were lucky they didn't take.

The first he went on a run into midfield for no reason and got dispossessed and the second played a pass straight through the middle to an opposition player. Had us on the backfoot both times.

• Like 4

It wasn’t his best game. Different instructions tonight though. Told to go touch tight with Alvarez whenever the ball was played into him. 
Nicked it off him a couple of times and did well but due to their speed, they managed to threaten by getting the ball wide and he was then out of position.

Distribution was poor but can’t slate him or any of the players. An off night against world class opposition. He’ll bounce back on Saturday.

34 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I thought Tanner was poor and that contributed to Vyner not having his best game. He still made a few poor decisions but probably his first “bad” game this year? Considering who we were up against find it harsh to criticise

Tanner did have Foden & silva to mark ?

• Like 3

There was a guy behind me (Dolman) who from minute one slated Vyner. I’ve got ST seats but those behind me are different people every game. This guy clearly fancied himself as an oracle of the game, and as he’d not been down this season decided Zak was shit. It was far from his best game but he didn’t deserve idiots like that, and that to me is the only downer of games like today - part time know nothing day trippers.

• Like 9

He did make a few errors, but I felt for him at times. Some of the possession he lost was down to absolutely no outlet for him at all. The run into midfield immediately comes to mind. He only go so far because no-one peeled into space to receive a pass. That tonight goes down as his poorest display of the season is a testament to just how well he's done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1