IGNORED

Kick-ups...

Cidergal

Guest thewednesday
never heard of them but i have no reason to though :D

I play under 21's myself, had a few offers to go semi-pro but not interested just now, enjoyig playing my own age group. Ive had a few trials with pro teams but nothing materialised, although I do have an open invitation of a trial with Port Vale, but i need to get my fitness etc up before going down. They spotted me playing at a holiday camp in Scarborough :grr:

:grr: good look mate,i was at rotherham but lost interest so stopped playing last year just getting back into it now might be going to wednesday on trial or barnsley

also who do you play for and how old are you?

I play for a 21's team called Dalziel FC. They are a very strong team at Amateur level in Scotland, winning the Scottish cup for a few years in succession. I have just turned 20 yesterday, so have this and next season left at 21's.

The Port Vale thing is a major decision, I have a full time job as a Mechanical Engineer and i am 2 years into a 4 year course to be qualified in that. It would mean asking for a week off to follow a dream, which ultimately could cost me my position within my company as I would be showing a lack of loyality. Its a thing i need to think about but fairplay to Vale they totally understand and have come up to Scotland on a few occasions to make sure i am keeping up my level of performance. Also was watched by Leicester a few years back but wrecked my chances by having a go at the manager and the scout said I had an aggresion problem to sort :D

Guest thewednesday
I play for a 21's team called Dalziel FC. They are a very strong team at Amateur level in Scotland, winning the Scottish cup for a few years in succession. I have just turned 20 yesterday, so have this and next season left at 21's.

The Port Vale thing is a major decision, I have a full time job as a Mechanical Engineer and i am 2 years into a 4 year course to be qualified in that. It would mean asking for a week off to follow a dream, which ultimately could cost me my position within my company as I would be showing a lack of loyality. Its a thing i need to think about but fairplay to Vale they totally understand and have come up to Scotland on a few occasions to make sure i am keeping up my level of performance. Also was watched by Leicester a few years back but wrecked my chances by having a go at the manager and the scout said I had an aggresion problem to sort  :D

fair play mate :grr: nothing wrong with an agression problem.I'm getting my fitness back at the moment,cant you go on trial at a pro-club in scotland? its got to be worth a go the if you have got good ability the money is great even as a semi-pro I'm only 16 though so ive got a lot to do

Guest dez_gimred
It would mean asking for a week off to follow a dream, which ultimately could cost me my position within my company as I would be showing a lack of loyality

anybody who knows anything about football would understand your position..

you must go for it 100%...most dont get a chance...you may only have this one!

good luck

:D

The Port Vale thing is a major decision, I have a full time job as a Mechanical Engineer and i am 2 years into a 4 year course to be qualified in that. It would mean asking for a week off to follow a dream, which ultimately could cost me my position within my company as I would be showing a lack of loyality. Its a thing i need to think about but fairplay to Vale they totally understand and have come up to Scotland on a few occasions to make sure i am keeping up my level of performance. Also was watched by Leicester a few years back but wrecked my chances by having a go at the manager and the scout said I had an aggresion problem to sort  :D

Must be difficult for you. But you're obviously rather good so go for it! :grr: And good luck! :grr:

Archived