IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

4 minutes ago, Super said:

For those that haven't seen him play what type of Midfielder is he?

Like a championship Mason Mount would be the lazy easy way to describe him imo. Can run all day and his pressing is non stop. 

This is a few years old now but gives you a good idea 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Happy to say I was wrong. Suppose the Bryan deal and the so near yet no cigar left me wary!

Looks excellent business. £1.75m for Knight and a profit on Wilson, given we have Tanner, McCrorie that's good. Shame it didn't work for Wilson, sometimes plans and tactics change.

In our previous Regime , we would have paid £1.5m , kept him in the Ressies for 18 months then had to let him go for £20k as the end of his contract approached .

Quite a refreshing change.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

What a great bit of business this will be if/when it happens - £1.75m.

The way we go about our transfer business nowerdays is so refreshing vs prior years - CEO, Tins and NP all aligned ?

Once Kalas is confirmed as not re-signing, expect one more CB in and then we are done (unless we see anyone else leave of course)

Still worry we are a bit light up front with the one up top...

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Derby fan trolling me A8CF92FB-F1D5-4CC3-AD89-2A856141A0F9.thumb.jpeg.8c384dafe96e2e709e24a0eab6061c49.jpegF46EF33E-2FEF-4BAA-93CD-C17E742A2248.thumb.png.de5078bef787e2248605db0cbcbe2d90.pngF46EF33E-2FEF-4BAA-93CD-C17E742A2248.thumb.png.de5078bef787e2248605db0cbcbe2d90.png2CDB6A4E-A020-43E9-AB26-FF1E74BA9DC0.thumb.jpeg.dd60a2dcb0d6de3164a30b01162ea0c4.jpegon FB isn’t very impressed 

35884165-2CB6-47D2-BBFF-C717CB92B70D.jpeg

That'll be the previous owner they adored almost up to the point he put them into administration then thought the obvious shyster Chris Kirchner was their saviour.

Not sure I'd trust the judgement of that particular set of fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

What a great bit of business this will be if/when it happens - £1.75m.

The way we go about our transfer business nowerdays is so refreshing vs prior years - CEO, Tins and NP all aligned ?

Once Kalas is confirmed as not re-signing, expect one more CB in and then we are done (unless we see anyone else leave of course)

Nah, we would still like a striker, although that could be dependent on Scott leaving. Possibly a GK too.

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nah, we would still like a striker, although that could be dependent on Scott leaving. Possibly a GK too.

It seems to me conway has to be the starting forward next season, and will be a star,, and we still have wells cornick and weimann,  plus bell. This might change if anything happens to conway, id be surprised if another striker was brought in at this point?! The money would be better spent on a good keeper!

• Like 2

Just seen on Twitter, lovely bit of news. Think that’ll be us done now for the window barring any outgoings? Would love us to keep Scott and bring in another keeper and striker but all 3 of those aren’t likely. Be very interesting to see what happens if/when Scott is sold and if it’s just a replacement for him we bring in. Very happy with Knight though, finally a Brownhill replacement. 

33 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Striker is probably the last player we need to recruit at the moment, considering we have 4 in the first, with another 3 coming through

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Reckon he’s up with the first team a lot this season. Seems the like modern centre forward, much like Tommy.

I think ‘complete’ is the word I’ve heard most from people who’ve watched him play more regularly than I did last season, in that he can do it all. 

Clearly had a fantastic season, but watching the pre season content it’s really striking how tall he is, given he’s also definitely no slouch. 

• Like 2

Incredible business if we get this one over the line, getting our deals done early gives the added opportunity to integrate into the squad ahead of the new season, shows intent and minimises the amount of business required should we receive an acceptable bit for Scott.

It’s a really impressive window and sees us go into the new season with a mixture of experienced players and players with potential.

The thought that we have probably only worked with the funds received from Semenyo to really improve the squad as a whole.

Very, very good work from the club. Bring on the new season. COYR

• Like 4

Historically, Derby are a bigger club than us, shits given =0.

At present we are higher in the food chain and a club moving in the right direction.

We know what we are, possibly Derby fans should be content to still have their club rather than the bitter comments we are seeing.

For our Derby viewers of a certain vintage, don't forget we looked oblivion square in the face many years ago as well.

I wish Derby well but as things stand, we are in the stronger position.

The other point I am happy to make is that we've seemingly got this done before Scotty goes so can't be held to ransom. Good work to all involved.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

At present we are higher in the food chain and a club moving in the right direction.

We know what we are, possibly Derby fans should be content to still have their club rather than the bitter comments we are seeing.

For our Derby viewers of a certain vintage, don't forget we looked oblivion square in the face many years ago as well.

The other point I am happy to make is that we've seemingly got this done before Scotty goes so can't be held to ransom. Good work to all involved.

This ? !!!

it’s like us selling Semenyo to Bournemouth, we are the bigger club but at this moment in time they are the more “attractive” club.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Super said:

For those that haven't seen him play what type of Midfielder is he?

Makes Andi Weimann look like a right lazy-bastard! ???

He’s really busy, bright, and decent technically.  Can play CM, AM (not a 10 imho) or anywhere down the right side.  Has played RB too this season.

Hes someone who likes to break the lines, especially to get into goalscoring position.  Most of his goals have been coming into the box late, or on blindside runs.  He looks like an intelligent player.

He is a pressing monster too.

image.png.4649c5efce6f230b55b2dc9a1392b6e3.png

Counterpressing is where you win the ball back within 5 seconds of your team losing it.  He was second in Lg1 last season!

Someone above mentioned Brownhill, I see why that comparison is made.  Josh probably a bit better technically (especially shooting), but Knight tucked in on the right side of midfield would see a lot of similarities.

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just imagine a Scott Knight CM however.

With James behind or for some games Naismith as the dedicated '1'.

Williams and King potentially..real, real depth. Even McCrorie can play in the middle sometimes iirc?

I think he would allow us flexibility in the construction of our midfield.  Certainly allows us to play as the 8 in a more 4123 set-up (as opposed to 4213).  Knight centre-right side 8, Scott centre-left side 8 would have a lot to like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

This ? !!!

it’s like us selling Semenyo to Bournemouth, we are the bigger club but at this moment in time they are the more “attractive” club.

Exactly this. It’s a fact of life and unfortunately playing in the Championship at Bristol City is more of an attractive proposition than playing for Derby in league one. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Striker is probably the last player we need to recruit at the moment, considering we have 4 in the first, with another 3 coming through

Whilst we have some good forward options, we kinda lack a physical presence up front and that's what I believe will be our next priority. 

Anyone fancy a guess at our first line up now? With Scotty in / out.

Max

McCrorie

Zac

Dickie

Cam

Knight 

James

Kal / Williams

Scotty / Anis Mehmeti 

Andi / Bell

TC / Nahki

That's missing out Tanner, Sykes, Roberts, Kal / Williams, Scott / Annis....

Blimey!

Suddenly, lots of options/ competition.

We're looking pretty good tbh. :)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Your first paragraph is a fact. Derby have spent more time in the top league and of course with Brian Clough at the head, they had a very good side even if they played on a pitch without grass for most of the season.

Yet for a club of their size, normally pulling bigger gates than City, they have, in my lifetime, led a varied existence. One of my childhood memories was listening to the BBC Saturday football, second half only, commentary on the equivalent of today's Radio Five, with Derby in the Third Division (North). So while winning the First Division they have as I said an up and down record.

They won't take too long to come back up, hopefully by-passing ITFC on a return journey.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I agree with everything you say - apart from wishing Derby well I wish no one nothing apart from my boys in red 

been supporting this club since I was 10 now 60 ( ironically went to Eastville before the Gate just the once mind ) I really do feel the next couple of seasons are going to be massive for our club . I think we are set up off the pitch with the stadium, training facilities and the excellent academy along with the coaches we just need a little luck now along with holding onto our best players ( easier said then done ) but we have to come to a point for a couple of seasons at least we keep the wolves away from our talented youngsters , be nice to start with Scott ( which I’m afraid I can’t see ) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1