IGNORED

Proud

harvey54

Incredibly proud of everything surrounding the club tonight.

We’ve presented ourselves on a big stage, to a wide audience, and everyone did us proud.

- The players gave everything. We matched up to one of the best teams in the world for 70 minutes +.

- The fans created an incredible atmosphere.

- Neutrals are complimenting the structure we have in place.

- Academy graduates throughout the squad (and being highlighted as Prem ready).

This is a fantastic time for everyone involved with the club. 

Let’s enjoy what’s to come!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Yep.

We gave it a proper go rather than sitting back and hoping they didn't score. I'd rather lose this way than any other. 

Thought we were brilliant. Kalas in particular was a rock against a world cup winner and two of the best wingers in the world.

We deserved a goal tonight, I thought. 

Roy Keane has just made that point on ITV, that we could have sat in and been defensive and still lost 3-0 having not had a go, so far better to do it this way.

Forgot how emotional those games can feel. Full stadium, red and white glistening throughout, suspension bridge lit up in the background, and this time a team we can be so proud of that’s full of academy graduates who would’ve been in the stands themselves in the not too distant past. 

Fantastic night. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I think we can safely say Scotty won't be our player next season, a superb first half.

Any ideas what's been said on the tele?

McCoist was giving us plenty of compliments particularly how well we stayed in the game having conceded an early goal. Mentioned the great atmosphere within AG several times.

Bristol City came over really well but were ultimately outclassed by a far better team, no shame in that and now the Championship is the be all and end all,

• Like 6

We’ve endured 3 years of utter garbage at this club. Over the last few weeks, it’s really started to feel that we are emerging from the woods. We have a cohesive unit, a good blend of experience and youth,  a definitive style of play and in Alex Scott, one of the most promising talents we’ve ever seen at this club. It’s taken a while for Nigel to start making things work but finally we are seeing the fruits of his success and tonight we can see how far we’ve come… on another day, Bell would have connected to that cross, made it 1-1 and then who knows!

The key now is to not let this be another false dawn. We need to build on this good run and not make the same old mistakes with recruitment that we’ve always done in the past. 

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 1

55 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Yep.

We gave it a proper go rather than sitting back and hoping they didn't score. I'd rather lose this way than any other. 

Thought we were brilliant. Kalas in particular was a rock against a world cup winner and two of the best wingers in the world.

We deserved a goal tonight, I thought. 

Absolutely.Deserved to score.

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I know it is how football works but it is so sad when as soon as we get good young players, it is always "how long can we keep them?" ,and" how much will we get for them?".

It’s the same for every club outside of the PL - all the better players are ripe for the plucking. We all know that Scott will go in the summer probably to a top six PL club just as Semenyo went to a PL club albeit a lower one.

It’s the reality of the football industry…………..:dunno:

• Like 1

To have a chance of an upset, need the big breaks to go your way. Early goal for them could have gone horribly wrong but stuck at it and it was a game up to 75 mins. Ref gives a pen to us, Scott curls his chance in, Bell gets a clean header, then who know.

Biggest credit to Pearson is he said we would play our way and we pretty much tried to all match. At one stage in the second half we had then rattled a bit. Not a case of kicking them up in the air and hardly a bad foul all night. Score in the end about right (would have loved us to nick one) but much to be pleased with tonight.

• Like 4

It was a special night.

I don’t really know too many of the Man City players. They are very good.

we’ve come on leaps and bounds this season. And Pearson and the coaching team needs huge credit. As do the players for getting a bit more mental toughness.

We lost playing our way. And we didn’t once try and kick them out of the game. 

I thought the standard of officiating was ?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Roy Keane has just made that point on ITV, that we could have sat in and been defensive and still lost 3-0 having not had a go, so far better to do it this way.

First time I've never agreed with Keane.

We lost a football match but proved that we have improved so much on and off the pitch since we started employing professionals in every part of our Football Club. From CEO, Football Manager, Coaching and medical staff, players with ambition and ability and a support from the terraces that they deserve.

Very proud of my club/team so now let's go where we should be.

Watching from afar on the TV, I was proud of the way we stood up, I think 3-0 flattered Man City, but they showed us respect and we earned it back.

Very nice words from Guardiola and Foden after the game.

De Bruyne is such a class act...mind you, Alex Scott had Ian Wright in particular purring.

Onwards! Well played, City, and the atmosphere felt absolutely febrile, even on TV, wonderful. Special mention to whoever thought of the scarves - genius.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1