IGNORED

KDB

Super

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Man City’s defenders were outstanding, I thought. I was really impressed with Ake, Akanji and Dias, and Lewis is a real prospect.

We did get in a few times but didn't have the quality. I have always rated Ake.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Man City’s defenders were outstanding, I thought. I was really impressed with Ake, Akanji and Dias, and Lewis is a real prospect.

Lewis plays a really unusual role. A right back who going forward moves central rather than down the wing. For an 18 year old he is truly exceptional. As for KDB, form is temporary and age may have some effect, but class is permanent.

• Like 4

Pleased when I saw he was starting cos I was so looking forward to seeing him. Agree with @cidercity1987 that he wasn’t quite up to the 2018 matches against us - but that’s a ridiculously high bar - he was so good then. Didn’t disappoint tonight though: pure class. Great great ball to set up the first, and what a fantastic goal for the third. And makes it look so easy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Thought him and Lewis ran the game between them. The pass through to Mahrez for the opener was perfect and the 3rd goal was nonchalant. 
Scarily, nowhere near as good as the last time we played them which just shows how good he was back then!

He has been ill, to be fair. The Guardian report described him as ‘rusty’

2 hours ago, Super said:

Wanted to applaud the guy. What a player and makes it look ridiculously easy. Truly World Class ran the show again. Great for Scott to play on the same pitch as him.

A quick glance of the Blue Moon forum confirms what I thought watching; that he was distinctively average this evening.  He wasn't running anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

Pleased when I saw he was starting cos I was so looking forward to seeing him. Agree with @cidercity1987 that he wasn’t quite up to the 2018 matches against us - but that’s a ridiculously high bar - he was so good then. Didn’t disappoint tonight though: pure class. Great great ball to set up the first, and what a fantastic goal for the third. And makes it look so easy. 

Good goal but we could have done more to prevent it. We made it easy for him to score that.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A quick glance of the Blue Moon forum confirms what I thought watching; that he was distinctively average this evening.  He wasn't running anything.

Well they watch him week in week out. We don't see such talent.

Edited by Super

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I love KDB as a player. But…

”He’s just a shit Alex Scott…”

I thought he was struggling to get close to Scott in the first half, he was out greatest threat and released Bell a couple of times. Second half they closed ranks a little more, lifted the tempo and starved him of the ball. We missed having a different option like Mehmeti when that happened.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Did Bernardo Silva give the ball away tonight?  He’s so annoyingly good…but De Bruyne does the more difficult stuff…and does it so well.  So glad to get the chance to watch these players.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Did Bernardo Silva give the ball away tonight?  He’s so annoyingly good…but De Bruyne does the more difficult stuff…and does it so well.  So glad to get the chance to watch these players.

Funnily enough, I said to the guy next to me that Bernardo had made a couple of uncharacteristic bad passes. But I agree with you - like his namesake David Silva, he’s an absolute master on the ball.