IGNORED

Match Day Experience Survey

redysteadygo

15 minutes ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Minutes silence, total shambles!

It was embarrassing. Everyone realised something was happening as the players stood in the minutes silence position, but no one knew whether it was applause, silence,  who it was for, or even if it had started or not. It reminded me of being at school and the teacher standing waiting for everyone to be quiet before making his announcement.

• Like 1

It’s only a little moan but whilst the scarves on the seats was a great club gesture, I just had a feeling when getting to our seats they would not be there, and sure enough they were not.  “Oh some kids scooped them up” someone nearby said.  Why would someone do that, when they were free it just seems like take it for take it sake.

7 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

It’s only a little moan but whilst the scarves on the seats was a great club gesture, I just had a feeling when getting to our seats they would not be there, and sure enough they were not.  “Oh some kids scooped them up” someone nearby said.  Why would someone do that, when they were free it just seems like take it for take it sake.

had the same, friend also overheard someone in the sports bar saying how he picked up 3 for his kids, guess he thinks that's ok to deprive someone else so he does not have to buy one for his kids

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

It was embarrassing. Everyone realised something was happening as the players stood in the minutes silence position, but no one knew whether it was applause, silence,  who it was for, or even if it had started or not. It reminded me of being at school and the teacher standing waiting for everyone to be quiet before making his announcement.

It was weird. Everyone thought it had started and MC fans were still singing!

I thought the stadium coped really well with the large crowd last night, poles apart from big rugby games where the concourses are just a mess of huge queues.

RE the scarfs, I had a feeling that vermin would be taking more than they should, so I purposefully hadn’t told the kids to avoid any disappointment.

Seeing how many people already had them on when we arrived, we went and got ours from our seats straight away- the kids were proper chuffed and surprised, so I’m glad I hadn’t told them out it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

I find it strange that we're not allowed to take weapons into the stadium (probably sensible) yet the coffee/pasty stand in the Dolman are allowed to serve pastys basically made out of cement. 

Was in the bogs at half time waiting for a space, and a guy lifted his hoodie up to reveal a belt holding around 30 bullets, probably fake but I remember thinking he is 50% of the way to a massacre.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Was in the bogs at half time waiting for a space, and a guy lifted his hoodie up to reveal a belt holding around 30 bullets, probably fake but I remember thinking he is 50% of the way to a massacre.

Not the calibre of fan we want.

Hopefully, he'll be fired.

I suspect he's really an Arsenal fan.

• Flames 2

3 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Already on eBay I would imagine. Would it have occurred to the club that might happen? Would it have been better to hand them out to fans as they enter the turnstiles?

I thought that, but I guess they wanted the media opportunity of posting photos with them all on the seats, which did look good but is besides the point.

I thought kids etc would be taking them and I did watch the seats near me but no they were respectfully left right up until ko.There were certainly none left behind at the end, and again I didn't see anyone taking more than their one from their seat. 

Biggest gripe was the constant tooing and froing to the bogs, through the game, by people who, presumably can't hold their drink.

Some of them  seemed to spend as much time dashing to and from the loo, and doing their business, as watching the game,

Worse still, it meant others were constantly having to stand up to let them in and out, and miss parts of the game,

Happens every time, but last night was particularly bad.

Not the club's fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Biggest gripe was the constant tooing and froing to the bogs, through the game, by people who, presumably can't hold their drink.

Some of them  seemed to spend as much time dashing to and from the loo, and doing their business, as watching the game,

Worse still, it meant others were constantly having to stand up to let them in and out, and miss parts of the game,

Happens every time, but last night was particularly bad.

Not the club's fault.

It was similar to a Bristol Bears Friday evening home game which always seems to attract students and young men. It amazes me that they obviously come to the game for a piss up, yet are paying top price for drinks and entry ticket. Why don't they go to a local pub where no entry fee and drink prices are lower, if all they want is to get plastered.

Anyway, I'm going again this coming Friday to watch Bears against Northampton. I need the excercise of stand up/sit down.!

• Haha 1

Everything outside the ground seemed to work pretty well. 

One complaint would be that the away fans were not able to access the away end until after the Man City coach had left. Quite a few Mancs were annoyed by this. Man City coach turned up quite late. But in the future the club need to resolve that.

My only real complaint is that Downsy single handedly messed up. No one had a clue that we were going to be paying a tribute, let alone who to. He then messed it up further. 

And then there was the complete shambles with the substitutions. I'm sure at one point Man City had 3 Sergio Gomez on the pitch at once. I didn't have a clue who was on the pitch. 

When the club got so many things right last night, he all by himself messed it up as he couldn't get the absolute basics of his job right. 

This isn't the 1st time he's messed up either. He once called us Bristol Rovers. The guy is incapable of doing the job he is paid to do. It's time for him to be sacked.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

"It's your time you're wasting" ? 

• Haha 1