IGNORED

Tinnion on recruitment + Murray, J Pearce, Wilbraham, Pack, J Lansdown, David James.

Boston Red

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Centre back may only need one incoming (assume Kalas does stay) if Low who is on loan at Walsall) is considered good enough for a Championship club at the top end of the table. Initially he might be the fifth CB if Kalas stays.

If Kalas stays, and classing Naismith as primarily a CM in how we now play, then one incoming makes Low fourth CB - at least for a period. Atkinson with an ACL is out until at least a couple of months into the season so it’s Kalas-Vyner-New Signing-Low. One circumstance where I’d be amenable to a half season loan while Rob recovers.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I find the Low situation interesting to follow. 

He has all the ingredients to become a decent CB, but in what I call ' the old fashioned way'. 

I thought Towler in his development looked a more accomplished footballing CB compared to Low. 

It'll be interesting to see how he develops and whether his urgency, awareness, speed of thought and distribution evolve. 

Towler is really impressing at Pompey. Won them the game against Bolton last night, scoring two late goals. Couple of decent finishes. 

He’s loving life (football) by the seems of it.  Fair play to him.  Took control of his career (even if it was Pompey who instigated it).  Good, mature, admirable decision from him.  Not easy to leave your local club, not least one in a higher division.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Towler is really impressing at Pompey. Won them the game against Bolton last night, scoring two late goals. Couple of decent finishes. 

Yes, I posted up the goals and interview on another thread earlier today. He's loving life there. 

4 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Do they? Or are you finding a double meaning where there isn't one? He commented on both what a good job he thinks Pearson is doing and that they have a very good working relationship, did you listen to the interview?

Just listened to the interview and in some senses its great that Jon comes over much better than he has in the past. But his comments roughly 'we are doing well at the moment but didn't at the start of Pearson contract so lets see how it goes' I cannot accept that opinion at all! 

5 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I think that's insane, they've not only appointed Pearson in the first place but have had plentiful chances to get rid since. Far too much being read into a chairman not wanting to publicly discuss contract talks

Exactly this, if he would of been at any other of the 91 football league clubs he would of been sacked a long time ago and he could of had no complaints, give the owners a bit of credit

• Like 4
  • Flames 1