IGNORED

Grimsby Shock

downendcity

No not beating Southampton, but that they were awarded 2 penalties in the same game!

Note that VAR was in use and a late Saints equaliser was disallowed by VAR fir offside. Oh that VAR could have looked at the challenge on Sykes last night!

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

No not beating Southampton, but that they were awarded 2 penalties in the same game!

Note that VAR was in use and a late Saints equaliser was disallowed by VAR fir offside. Oh that VAR could have looked at the challenge on Sykes last night!

Just watched our match again and seen the inconsistency in Marriners decision making. Free kick just outside our box for a nothing foul and playing on after Sykes was wrestled to the ground just outside their area!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Midred said:

Just watched our match again and seen the inconsistency in Marriners decision making. Free kick just outside our box for a nothing foul and playing on after Sykes was wrestled to the ground just outside their area!

Same old story they always favour prem clubs the linesman stand there like stooges afraid to give what they actually see and wait for the refs call .

56 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Don’t think VaR would have overturned that decision. Don’t think it was a clear mistake 

1 hour ago, Midred said:

I'll be honest and admit that the penalty on Sykes would have been soft (Roy Keane summed it up perfectly) but Dias clatters straight through Bell just outside the area in the 2nd half and Marriner gave nothing!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TheReds said:

How can VAR be used in one game and not another in the same competition? It should be at every game or none at all.

Looking at all the reactions to your post I might be on my own here but..

I think if you’ve got it you use it. It doesn’t favour the home side it’s just fairer (usually) to both sides. As Southampton found out last night.

We certainly wouldn’t moan that we’ve got goal line technology but Grimsby don’t, you just get any help that’s available.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

I'll be honest and admit that the penalty on Sykes would have been soft (Roy Keane summed it up perfectly) but Dias clatters straight through Bell just outside the area in the 2nd half and Marriner gave nothing!

It was a clear foul but I blame the lino rather than the ref. Mariner was 25 yards away looking from an angle whereas the lino was little more than 10 yards away looking straight at the players. Another reason why they should be referred to as linos and not assistant referees. Running the line is all they're (un)fit for. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Typo alteration