IGNORED

Season Tickets 2023/24

CyderInACan

6 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Given our high profile at the moment, surely City are going to make the most of this and get the season ticket prices out there as soon as possible?

But you'd hope that there are still decent deals on the table given the money we’ve recently made. COYR. 

Couldn't you sleep Reg ??

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Given our high profile at the moment, surely City are going to make the most of this and get the season ticket prices out there as soon as possible?

But you'd hope that there are still decent deals on the table given the money we’ve recently made. COYR. 

But, but we dont know what division we will be in yet.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

TBF we were pretty poor last March and still shifted 13,000 season tickets. With the renewed enthusiasm amongst supporters towards the management and players (imo) we will easily surpass that figure getting closer to 15/16,000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Phil Alexander did mention something about attractive season ticket deals. We'll see...

Don't forget, what is attractive to a chief executive isn't necessarily attractive to the average person in this financial squeeze at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Hopefully prices remain sensible, people are feeling the cost of living pinch. The tenancy seems for everything to be uplifted by 10% for inflation. Hopefully City can balance this otherwise people will vote with their feet out of necessity.

I’ve had Broadband and mobile both saying they’re putting up prices 14.4% which I thought a bit steep. They did say they’d reduce it if I signed a new deal but I refused. Then Sky said they’re putting there’s up about 10%

Really hope city don’t go down this same route but they’d be in the minority if they don’t it would seem.

• Hmmm 1

17 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Think they’ll wait until the play offs are out of reach! ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’ve had Broadband and mobile both saying they’re putting up prices 14.4% which I thought a bit steep. They did say they’d reduce it if I signed a new deal but I refused. Then Sky said they’re putting there’s up about 10%

Really hope city don’t go down this same route but they’d be in the minority if they don’t it would seem.

Problem is, the club aren’t immune from inflation themselves. And we’re not exactly a money making machine. That said, you’d hope they would keep the rise to a minimum - and they’ve certainly generated a bit of income recently that they wouldn’t have budgeted for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Problem is, the club aren’t immune from inflation themselves. And we’re not exactly a money making machine. That said, you’d hope they would keep the rise to a minimum - and they’ve certainly generated a bit of income recently that they wouldn’t have budgeted for.

Indeed, my hope was aimed at all those who are struggling and might not be able to afford to renew. I wouldn’t be moaning at the club if they felt they had to raise prices…… unless they went up 14.4% like BT & EE

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Not been able to afford one for years 

Ever looked at a finance plan? Or even a credit card?

What I do every year and actually sets it out into reasonable installments which just set aside a bit of money every year. Cant say ive got money to burn either, but then again, I do sit (except not really) in S25 which means mines only £390, which is pretty reasonable to me considering its all i look forward to everyweek!

Edited by OliOTIB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

12 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Ever looked at a finance plan? Or even a credit card?

What I do every year and actually sets it out into reasonable installments which just set aside a bit of money every year. Cant say ive got money to burn either, but then again, I do sit (except not really) in S25 which means mines only £390, which is pretty reasonable to me considering its all i look forward to everyweek!

£8 a week, even less if concession ticket 

On 03/03/2023 at 00:30, CyderInACan said:

What money do you think we've made recently...?!

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/compare-interest-free/?p=0&source=GOO-0X0000048C289843F8&gclid=Cj0KCQiA9YugBhCZARIsAACXxeIhwwbRkfDWVFcX7WNLW3fHkwyIKrsA0N1zvmgFapoKO5WnO6uRYyAaAgOPEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used to use different ones of these in my working career for expenses. If I was working away in the first week of March I could easily rack up 3-4 hundred pounds on travel and hotels, which I might not see back until the middle of April. Like most people I couldn't afford to be waiting for ,£1500 or more to go back into my account.

The keys are to not keep spending on it and pay at least the minimum monthly figure, more if you can. 

Some cards come with extra benefits like Tesco Club card or Nectar points. 

I feel like I should and something like, "your home may be at risk, if you act like a ******** and spend more than you can afford to pay back" :)

Edited by Port Said Red

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The prices have been outrageous for years. The increase announced in 2018 prompted me to walk out and I've not been back since. Quite frankly I'd rather be like Bradford City. Prices that reflect the community and achievement on the pitch is a bonus. It is a club after all, not a business.

It’s both. And if you don’t run it well as a business, you won’t have a club.

This is not a defence of the prices, but to say it’s not a business is ridiculous and far too simplistic.

• Like 5

I certainly don’t think the South Stand is overpriced. This is what I’ve paid since the stand opened (adult prices) so not an excessive increase over that period either:

2015-16 £345 

2016-17 £347

2017-18 £347

2018-19 £345 

2019-20 £355 

2020-21 £366

2021-22 £366 

2022-23 £375

• Like 7