IGNORED

Blackpool forum

22A

I read a thread on their called 'Little Blackpool' or something like that. Mixed opinnions on there about being realistic to what they can achieve. Really reminds me of the blue few. Posts of 'We have one of the loudest and passionate fan bases in the world' and 'We are a championship club at least'. 

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I read a thread on their called 'Little Blackpool' or something like that. Mixed opinnions on there about being realistic to what they can achieve. Really reminds me of the blue few. Posts of 'We have one of the loudest and passionate fan bases in the world' and 'We are a championship club at least'. 

Crap team in a third filled rusty stadium, in a scabby dirty little town filled with chavs.

Disgusting little place.

Other than that, its ok.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Crap team in a third filled rusty stadium, in a scabby dirty little town filled with chavs.

Disgusting little place.

Other than that, its ok.

“Blackpool has more toilets than any other place in the world. Everywhere else, they are called ‘shop doorways’ “. Bill Bryson - Notes from a Small Island. 

• Haha 14

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah they aren’t a championship club at ‘least’. It wasn’t that long ago they were averaging 4k at home in league 2 ffs.

I have always seen Blackpool as a league 1  club at best. Yes they have a decent history if you want to go back 60/70 years but we are living in 2023 now and not the 1950s.
The last time they averaged anything close to what we get at home was in the 1970s..

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Yeah they aren’t a championship club at ‘least’. It wasn’t that long ago they were averaging 4k at home in league 2 ffs.

I have always seen Blackpool as a league 1  club at best. Yes they have a decent history if you want to go back 60/70 years but we are living in 2023 now and not the 1950s.
The last time they averaged anything close to what we get at home was in the 1970s..

One lad on there said they should be top flight because of their history.

Like you I would put them pretty much bang in the middle of League One size of club looking at their crowds, or lack of

28 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Like you I would put them pretty much bang in the middle of League One size of club looking at their crowds, or lack of

Along with Huddersfield, Bolton, Pompey, Ipswich, Preston, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday then?

59 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

For most of the last 30 years Blackpool have been a League 1 side. It's like Rovers claiming to be a bigger club than we are because they were once better than us in the 1950s. 

Blackpool are League 1. So are Bournemouth and Brentford who are currently in the Prem imo.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Along with Huddersfield, Bolton, Pompey, Ipswich, Preston, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday then?

Bring back Old Carthusians and the Royal Engineers FC!  :laughcont:

Fun fact: I'm a shite footballer, but my Sunday league team beat Clapham Rovers in a cup match, thus enabling me to say I played against and beat a team of FA Cup winners. ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

If every club with “a history” were put into the P.L., it would be about 80 teams strong.

That Blackpool fan is clearly deluded.

Like you, I see them as an L1 club.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Whilst I have also been a fan of Yates, he wouldn't be a priority for me. We have Tommy Conway to come back into the 9 role and wouldn't want to block his development.

We do, and I agree, but I think they will have an eye on Wells’ age and not becoming too dependent on Conway & Bell at their age and stage of development. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Whilst I have also been a fan of Yates, he wouldn't be a priority for me. We have Tommy Conway to come back into the 9 role and wouldn't want to block his development.

1 goal in the past 4 months. His form has dropped dramatically.