IGNORED

Blackpool forum

22A

They must be bored or excited; their match day thread started on Tuesday. Usual mix of realists, optimists and doom merchants (like us?)

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/bristol-city-v-blackpool-official-matchday-thread-11-03-23.41222/

Getting 3 points here would be brilliant. 

We saw what one week of training did vs Burnley... the possibilities of what another one can do vs Bristol are causing me to be very optimistic about this match!

Every Saturday is just a step closer to relegation. Saturday will be no different.

The games I have seen them play including when we played them up there they are a better side than there position suggests . With our depleted side wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they beat us Saturday .  Think we will do well to get a point with our injury situation 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Still rate MM due to 7(?) years of keeping Ipswich up whilst spending under 3m, and then getting relegated the season he was ****** off, must have been doing something right.

He spent over £5 million yet at the time it was still minor compared to the likes of Wolves who were spending £14 m on one player and BCFC who spent £5m on Fammy.

MM inherited the Roy Keane hangover in the same way NP did from the MA hangover.

But Mick stated this at the time : "I think it is outrageous - but don't get me wrong if I had it, I would spend it.

I think Nige has said the same.

• Like 2

Once again, like all teams, no praise for City just complaints about their own plyers.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/bristol-city-v-blackpool-official-matchday-thread-11-03-23.41222/page-13

Today after watching I thought I was far too excited when we got in to the opposition area. We should be doing that a lot more and it shouldn’t be overly exciting. The thought of even being near their goal was a pipe dream.

I tried to watch the game on Sky with a dispassionate viewpoint but in all my years of watching Blackpool that was one of the worst displays ever by the team I have supported since being a boy. There didn't appear to be any game plan on how to attack Bristol and players of guile and skill such as Bowler and Carey went AWOL. There isn't a leader on the pitch and a feeling of defeat pervades the team and club. 

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Once again, like all teams, no praise for City just complaints about their own plyers.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/bristol-city-v-blackpool-official-matchday-thread-11-03-23.41222/page-13

Today after watching I thought I was far too excited when we got in to the opposition area. We should be doing that a lot more and it shouldn’t be overly exciting. The thought of even being near their goal was a pipe dream.

I tried to watch the game on Sky with a dispassionate viewpoint but in all my years of watching Blackpool that was one of the worst displays ever by the team I have supported since being a boy. There didn't appear to be any game plan on how to attack Bristol and players of guile and skill such as Bowler and Carey went AWOL. There isn't a leader on the pitch and a feeling of defeat pervades the team and club. 

Same as OTIB then. Whenever we lose it’s the same

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

There didn't appear to be any game plan on how to attack Bristol and players of guile and skill such as Bowler and Carey went AWOL

I was really looking forward to watching Carey today, to see if he could be someone we look at in the summer.  He’s a bit rough around the edges, but he’s got something, especially in a poor Blackpool side.

He didn’t get a kick first half, and had a couple of bright moments second half drifting left half.

Will need to watch him again.

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Some salty comments about our ground being too big for us

Despite our attendances being 7th best in the league and our % attendance compared to capacity being higher than their poxy shithole

It doesn't help that the game was on Sky and that they are Blackpool. Probably one of our lowest Saturday attendances of the season.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I have a lot of sympathy for the Blackpool fans who travelled today and had to watch that. Whether the Blackpool fans who posted on their forum watched live or on TV it’s understandable why they complained about their team. I agree with the sentiments of the part I’ve highlighted. The team was dire and looked like a poor League 1 team at best.  

• Like 2

Had sympathy for blackpool fans when they had issues with the old owners but have this mentality like rovers that they are massive.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Some salty comments about our ground being too big for us

Despite our attendances being 7th best in the league and our % attendance compared to capacity being higher than their poxy shithole

I wonder what their attendance will be next season in league 1?

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I was really looking forward to watching Carey today, to see if he could be someone we look at in the summer.  He’s a bit rough around the edges, but he’s got something, especially in a poor Blackpool side.

He didn’t get a kick first half, and had a couple of bright moments second half drifting left half.

Will need to watch him again.

Could have / should have scored late on? 

56 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

In fairness, where are the thousands of new members we gained the other week?

Probably at home watching Liverpool lose to the oligarch beneficiaries. Who gives a toss. Support the team. Our attendances are decent and the real city fans will follow. Attendance was 19k officially. In reality probably 17k in attendance which is no shame all considered. COYR

On 09/03/2023 at 20:11, redkev said:

The games I have seen them play including when we played them up there they are a better side than there position suggests . With our depleted side wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they beat us Saturday .  Think we will do well to get a point with our injury situation 

Having watched them today they are definitely jam packed with quality, unfortunately for them it’s League 1 quality. Dreadful side.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Even after that miss in the first half.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Today was not a game to base Jerry Yates’s ability on.  Barely got a kick.

He is a decent player at this level though.

Yes, to both. He is almost a complete striker. Only 26, 1 in 4 record this season in an awful side, hit 20+ last season. 

Absolutely fits the ‘we will make him better’ mould we are focusing on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Make a move for Jerry Yates the day after the season ends. Please and thanks. 

I thought exactly the same seeing him today, looked like he’d be perfect in this current formation! Held the ball up well on the occasions they managed to get it to him.

The miss was bad but confidence is shot. 

Bowler was the big disappointment for me, had an awful game!

• Like 3