IGNORED

Tables/shelving

Topper 123

I know some people moan about anything but , is there any chance the club can install some sort of flip down tables to perimeter walls under concourse  or in very least some kind of fixed shelving , whilst the bars and food venues are great there is just nowhere to put your purchase.For me to juggle with a walking stick whilst holding a pint in the cheapest flimsiest plastic glass you can get is near on impossible and not at all enjoyable this must also cause problems for others ?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I know some people moan about anything but , is there any chance the club can install some sort of flip down tables to perimeter walls under concourse  or in very least some kind of fixed shelving , whilst the bars and food venues are great there is just nowhere to put your purchase.For me to juggle with a walking stick whilst holding a pint in the cheapest flimsiest plastic glass you can get is near on impossible and not at all enjoyable this must also cause problems for others ?

Think this has been covered before?

The reason (excuse) for not doing it is it might obstruct evacuation of the stadium in an emergency.

I may be wrong about that, as my memory isn’t what it was.

Have you thought about joining the supporters club? I think they have comfy seats upstairs in the bar area.

17 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

This has come up on here before. Iirc the reason for not installing shelving/tables is that would restrict the capacity of people standing. We know that the concourse gets pretty packed without ‘furniture’ making it even more crowded.

H&S regulations would probably play a prohibitive factor as well.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Pictures of the concourse before the Ladies international match the other week showed chairs and tables. Maybe as the majority of the crowd were not drinking beer they moved on up to their seats rather than standing around thus allowing more space for these to be provided.

I was surprised to see flip down stadium seats all around the walls of Exeter City’s new stand. A tiny and cramped concourse compared to ours but they cause no problems whatsoever.

A shame because I think a lot of people, including me would buy more food and drink if I could sit and put my pint down while eating my curry goat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I was surprised to see flip down stadium seats all around the walls of Exeter City’s new stand. A tiny and cramped concourse compared to ours but they cause no problems whatsoever.

A shame because I think a lot of people, including me would buy more food and drink if I could sit and put my pint down while eating my curry goat.

A few have recently been installed in the upper Lansdown stand.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

This has come up on here before. Iirc the reason for not installing shelving/tables is that would restrict the capacity of people standing. We know that the concourse gets pretty packed without ‘furniture’ making it even more crowded.

H&S regulations would probably play a prohibitive factor as well.

My thoughts were that if fixed to back walls it would also alleviate the crowding through the middle and actually be better for health and safety ?

Edited by Magger1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Barkhamred said:

Pictures of the concourse before the Ladies international match the other week showed chairs and tables. Maybe as the majority of the crowd were not drinking beer they moved on up to their seats rather than standing around thus allowing more space for these to be provided.

I remember seeing the some seating and a table where some members of the lionesses team were signing autographs 

4 hours ago, Midred said:

Don't they have shelving around the pillars, that wouldn't take up much space.

If you're outside trying to juggle a burger and a pint and all the space around the bins is occupied what are you supposed to do?

Cardiff certainly had shelving around the pillars. Dont they have the same safety restrictions as us then?

I remember a couple of years back and the city players were questioned on wheels / doors. It was funny to watch and most said wheels. The average is 53.6% of people when asked choose wheels.

Anyway, going back to shelves, I drink my beer too quick to worry about where Iam going to put the receptacle I'm drinking out of.

5 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Just get them to put your cup inside another cup, stops it from being flimsy, not quite got the feel of a glass though.

The Soul crew would think they have to pay for two beers then. Or pat their heads in confusion. ?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I know some people moan about anything but , is there any chance the club can install some sort of flip down tables to perimeter walls under concourse  or in very least some kind of fixed shelving , whilst the bars and food venues are great there is just nowhere to put your purchase.For me to juggle with a walking stick whilst holding a pint in the cheapest flimsiest plastic glass you can get is near on impossible and not at all enjoyable this must also cause problems for others 

Edited by BigTone
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Dont mind me @CrackingCheeseGromit but am in hospital after having replacement knee installed yesterday. Am all fingers and thumbs. I replied to the wrong thread.

Blimey bad luck Tone- you went in for a knee op and they did your fingers and thumbs- you just can't rely on medics these days.

Swift recovery! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Blimey bad luck Tone- you went in for a knee op and they did your fingers and thumbs- you just can't rely on medics these days.

Swift recovery! 

I know !  What's worse is the Surgeon said my knee is made from Titanic. Hope he meant Titanium else my cruising days are  over.

• Haha 2