IGNORED

Luton Town away match thread

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Big learning experience for Bell that he'll keep getting bullied until he a/develops his man strength and b/learns how to get his body shape right to either win the foul or deny the opposition an angle to challenge him.

Absolutely spot on. Needs a loan in league one or two I feel. I hope he comes good but he’s nowhere near ready for this division 

First half we were utterly terrible, second half we were average at best.

Bit of a wake up call however Luton are a very good side and we are just not there yet.

They seemed much more physical than us all over the pitch. We looked panicked and either hoofed the ball aimlessly, lost most second balls, consistent missed passes and individual errors.

Only two positives was OTC's introduction as he did well. Max kept us in that game with multiple saves.

• Like 4
Just now, Artcliffe exile said:

Not going up not going down better second half young lads did well against a difficult opponent difficult conditions 

without our injuries may ? Have been different 

final comment what a absolute belter Lockyer is

He’s vile.

Sad Welsh gashead with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Hopefully he’ll be crying when they **** up in the playoffs again.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Reading losing… am I right in thinking a 9 point deduction is likely? In which case, they’re in the relegation zone on goal difference.

Reading annoy me. Yes they are being punished somewhat...but they get good help from Chelsea. Do other PL clubs help them loan wise? In a manner of speaking, saw it claimed that some deals where heavily subsidised Hendrick was one, provided that they start or play at least 90 pct of games when fit.

Still no word as to if or when their points deduction may drop, 6 has been the number most mentioned, but Ziegler also said 12.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Morris was repeatedly pulling, kicking the ball away but after booking him the ref was never giving him a second yellow.

They wasted time for most of the second half without any attempt to stop them & why that gas *** Lockyer was twice allowed to play the man not the ball to allow it to go out of play I have no idea.

Much better second half, hopefully Tanner will be well enough to start & James will be back.

Is it just us that get booked for kicking the ball away?

What's the rule with free kicks,  are the offending  team allowed to stand all round the player preventing him taking the kick, it took till the 88th minute for the ref to notice!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

That's on the ref who I felt was a little quiet tonight.

I’m embarrassed to watch how many referees just have the piss taken out of them by players time wasting, the latest example being the Luton players throwing the ball into the crowd when it was their throw in, and the usual word with the keeper to ‘please’ hurry up.

After the battering we got first half I thought we showed some character in the second. Difficult night but a few positives. Scott managed himself well again and has done well to avoid a ban. OTC was thrown into a difficult situation and did well. We kept going looked most likely to score at the end.

Hopefully James is back for the weekend, and Naismith and Conway following the break.

• Like 5

As we’ve known for a while - this season is now very much curtains. And that’s ok - we’re well safe. Tonight was rough (they forgot how to pass first half!) - but we grew into it. And when you go away to 4th with a tonne of first team injuries - it’s a bloody tough match. COYR.

• Like 7

Tiny, hostile ground. Very physical Luton team who got away with a lot. Their press in the first half completely knackered us.

Stupid defensive play led to their goal.

Second half we got a bit more physical and employed a much higher press on them.

Aside from the Luton game, are we physical enough generally?

I like aspects of their various games, but do we think the likes of Bell, Mehmeti, Cornick and Wells are up for a scrap? Compared to that Luton side, not a fair fight.

Edited by Jimbo76
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Scary how naive we are. One if the reasons we went 500 games without a pen, we make the refs life so easy. There two in CM must’ve committed 5+ fouls each, including one of them jumping on max, and we don’t seem to know how to get yeh ref to help us. 

Got to say I really think Luton are a vile side, nothing fairytale about them. Tight pitch,  aggressive,  play acting, it’s just frustrating we can’t square up to that and win.

I'm amazed you'd need to pressure the ref to book a guy for jumping on the keeper's back when he's releasing the ball. Shocking bit of refereeing

They had a close up in the last seconds where Luton got the last corner. Woodrow picks the ball up and throws it off the pitch. Nothing happened, again, shocking...

To be fair, he should've sent off Pring which was probably the worst decision all game. Just glad it went our way for a change (fat lot of good it did us)

Luton were better side by a mile, but we lost to a goal we never should've conceded