IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

£20 million plus £5 million in add ons is a clear indication to me that City don't want to sell. It pretty much puts him out of reach of anyone in the EFL and many Prem clubs would baulk at that price. We don't need to sell him and he's not one to be easily swayed judging by his comments that he's not going to depart to sit in a Prem academy. 

10 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

£20 million plus £5 million in add ons is a clear indication to me that City don't want to sell. It pretty much puts him out of reach of anyone in the EFL and many Prem clubs would baulk at that price. We don't need to sell him and he's not one to be easily swayed judging by his comments that he's not going to depart to sit in a Prem academy. 

Completely disagree with this.  £20m + £5m is just City doing what they need to do to get a fair price for a wonderkid.  Premier League clubs should be all over it. I honestly dont think many fans know how good he will be. 

• Like 8

The key element here, is that the buying Prem club will likely double their investment within the next 2 years.

We want him to join the likes of Wolves, Palace, Villa etc as it allows for a future move to one of the big 6/7 clubs should he do well.

If he were to join Tottenham (example), then the likelihood of a future move reduces.

Whereas joining Wolves now, will allow us to insert a sell on % clause to benefit us again in the future.

We will rightly demand a hefty fee for selling him though.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Completely disagree with this.  £20m + £5m is just City doing what they need to do to get a fair price for a wonderkid.  Premier League clubs should be all over it. I honestly dont think many fans know how good he will be. 

Well we don’t know how good he will be because it hasn’t happened yet. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Well we don’t know how good he will be because it hasn’t happened yet. 

He will be a very good Premier League midfielder. How do I know?

He has real talent. He reads a game well. He's had almost two seasons as a regular player. He'll attack and do his fair share of defending.

Importantly, you never see him sulking or hiding in a match however he is playing. That is his biggest asset. What's gone is gone. He's always looking for the next thing to do in a match.

I think that £25 million is a a snip for such a good quality young midfielder. He'll be in the England under 21 team this season or summer.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Why do you constantly make comments and claims that come across that you know absolutely everything, and anyone else who doesn't seem to agree are somehow stupid or haven't got a clue, don't know what they are watching etc etc? It seems to be a running theme on match threads and comments about multiple players from yourself.

I actually reckon he will go to the top, but he could go to the Prem and literally down tools once the ridiculous money starts rolling in. he may actually not be quite good enough to make it to the very top. Nobody actually knows how good he will be yet, if they did wouldn't he be worth a lot more. He is being priced on the huge potential he is showing at his age, that doesn't mean he will be the next Grealish etc (even though the signs are there).

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He has real talent. He reads a game well. He's had almost two seasons as a regular player. He'll attack and do his fair share of defending.

Importantly, you never see him sulking or hiding in a match however he is playing. That is his biggest asset. What's gone is gone. He's always looking for the next thing to do in a match.

I think that £25 million is a a snip for such a good quality young midfielder. He'll be in the England under 21 team this season or summer.

Spot on.

I’d also add he’s a feisty little so and so, most technically excellent youngsters have the skills but it takes them a while to have a “dig” at opponents, he’s been doing it since day one at 17.

That is a rare combination.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Shuffle said:

We have a threadbare squad and if Scott for £20m is a sacrifice to bring 3-4 players in then do the deal.  Don’t want to see him leave but he will go in the summer but we need new players now.

Agree with the general concept that there could be a net benefit to selling Scott if we're able to bring in the right players. Should that happen in January, I'm a little concerned about:
1) Whether we'd be organised enough to know which 3-4 players we'd want to go after (and who would be right for us)
2) Whether we can actually get those targets this window (and do so at a reasonable price)

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

May 31st.

I wonder if there’s a realisation that we can’t shift certain players / enough players to generate some real freshness in the squad…so more drastic measures are required.  Scott will leave a big hole, but I think we could temporarily fix this window, e.g. someone like Laurent who Stoke are looking for offers for.  Maybe we could do a loan with option to buy / obligation if we stay up.  He’s the kind of physical CM who might suit our current situation.

Agree with Pete and Kid that this is club pushing this info out there.

Yepp, I wonder if a temporary fix would be a more realistic option (i.e. a 'new' loan, or bringing Scott back on loan)

It may give us some time to sort our s*** out, and then operate in a less panicky and inflated summer market (relative to Jan)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I’m not trying to be rude but you’re stating the obvious here. What you have written doesn’t guarantee premier league success.

6 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Why do you constantly make comments and claims that come across that you know absolutely everything, and anyone else who doesn't seem to agree are somehow stupid or haven't got a clue, don't know what they are watching etc etc? It seems to be a running theme on match threads and comments about multiple players from yourself.

I actually reckon he will go to the top, but he could go to the Prem and literally down tools once the ridiculous money starts rolling in. he may actually not be quite good enough to make it to the very top. Nobody actually knows how good he will be yet, if they did wouldn't he be worth a lot more. He is being priced on the huge potential he is showing at his age, that doesn't mean he will be the next Grealish etc (even though the signs are there).

I'm so so sorry.  I will ensure to write 'in my opinion' in every post now.

Scott will go to the very top, in my opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

I’d also add he’s a feisty little so and so, most technically excellent youngsters have the skills but it takes them a while to have a “dig” at opponents, he’s been doing it since day one at 17.

Something that Grealish had when we saw him at AG playing for Notts County all those years ago. Not saying he will be as good - he mostl likely won’t - but he will be very very good. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I hope Guernsey do well out of this, even a small sell on could set them up for years.

Will be interesting to see whether they get anything.  As I understand it Guernsey (and Oxford City who we signed Ewan Clark from in the summer) are outside the PL/EFL EPPP Academy system, so it’s quite likely we paid them (and Oxford City) a nominal fee as a bit of goodwill to “compensate” them for their “development time” rather than official EPPP compensation.  If that includes any add-ons I don’t know.  It’s possible that there aren’t any!  If Scott does move, I’ll be checking Guernsey and Tony Vance’s tweets to see if they mention anything!!!

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Agree with the general concept that there could be a net benefit to selling Scott if we're able to bring in the right players. Should that happen in January, I'm a little concerned about:
1) Whether we'd be organised enough to know which 3-4 players we'd want to go after (and who would be right for us)
2) Whether we can actually get those targets this window (and do so at a reasonable price)

Yepp, I wonder if a temporary fix would be a more realistic option (i.e. a 'new' loan, or bringing Scott back on loan)

It may give us some time to sort our s*** out, and then operate in a less panicky and inflated summer market (relative to Jan)

Last night was the first time I wondered whether a sell and loan-back might be a possibility.

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I'm so so sorry.  I will ensure to write 'in my opinion' in every post now.

Scott will go to the very top, in my opinion.  

Why the childish condescending response?

It is just your opinion though and you constantly state things as fact (I actually agree that he will go to the top myself, but nobody actually knows as he hasn't been there). To actually back up my point you then put a laughing reaction to someone who has the nerve to state he hasn't been there so you don't know.

You either don't realise how you are coming across in multiple match threads and statements about players, or you actually do, and believe you know absolutely everything, and know more than anyone else, and any other opinions are automatically wrong, stupid, thick, clueless etc etc.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will be interesting to see whether they get anything.  As I understand it Guernsey (and Oxford City who we signed Ewan Clark from in the summer) are outside the PL/EFL EPPP Academy system, so it’s quite likely we paid them (and Oxford City) a nominal fee as a bit of goodwill to “compensate” them for their “development time” rather than official EPPP compensation.  If that includes any add-ons I don’t know.  It’s possible that there aren’t any!  If Scott does move, I’ll be checking Guernsey and Tony Vance’s tweets to see if they mention anything!!!

Last night was the first time I wondered whether a sell and loan-back might be a possibility.

You'd hope the likes of Guernsey would be getting something when he goes, even if it isn't in any contract.

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

Why the childish condescending response?

It is just your opinion though and you constantly state things as fact (I actually agree that he will go to the top myself, but nobody actually knows as he hasn't been there). To actually back up my point you then put a laughing reaction to someone who has the nerve to state he hasn't been there so you don't know.

You either don't realise how you are coming across in multiple match threads and statements about players, or you actually do, and believe you know absolutely everything, and know more than anyone else, and any other opinions are automatically wrong, stupid, thick, clueless etc etc.

I just think you are being a bit sensitive but fair enough.  I've obviously got a direct style of writing that you dont like.  Others do similar but I dont see you pulling anyone else up.  

Not sure this is a conversation for this thread.  By all means DM me if you want to continue, or as an alternative, mute me. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

England don't really produce midfielders like him. 

He is a gem!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I just think you are being a bit sensitive but fair enough.  I've obviously got a direct style of writing that you dont like.  Others do similar but I dont see you pulling anyone else up.  

Not sure this is a conversation for this thread.  By all means DM me if you want to continue, or as an alternative, mute me. 

That’s why I think your old avatar of the grumpy dog suited you better. Can you change it back?

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

If/when AS leaves I would hope that B.Dortmund might be interested.

Now that would be the dream move. They don't mess around when it comes to clubs buying their players. They also seem to develop them properly. I like Scott but I don't think he's BVB level.... yet anyway.

18-22 million and I think we'll do alright,  obviously with a big ol sell on fee. Just a shame now we're watching and Scott and Semenyo knowing they'll be off soon rather than thinking lets build the squad around them and go for it next season. Them leaving should help the club massively, so we're quite fortunate to have them here. Imagine the future without them... might just give us a chance, should we stay up, to actually start the process of a rebuild properly. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It’ll be whatever arrangement the clubs come to.  Could be offered back for free.

Fair enough.   Not sure Wolves or Palace or Bournemouth would do that though. They’d want him available - at least on the bench - immediately you would’ve thought.  Spurs types possibly but not seen them genuinely linked recently.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

Fair enough.   Not sure Wolves or Palace or Bournemouth would do that though. They’d want him available - at least on the bench - immediately you would’ve thought.  Spurs types possibly but not seen them genuinely linked recently.  

Wolves have definitely done it before but that was at teams lower than us in fairness. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My guess is sell and loan-back would depend on:

a) whether we are selling to a club in a relegation battle

b) whether we are prepared to drop our asking price in exchange.

As @lenredsays, I can't envisage Wolves, Leeds, Bournemouth or any other team in serious danger of the drop paying upward of £20 million for a player they can't use immediately. If there is a serious bidding war then I imagine whether we'd rather take a higher figure or a lower figure but keep Scott for the season would be one of the key questions the club would need to weigh up. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 4