IGNORED

Forster-Caskey

Lorenzos Only Goal

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Size of Darren Caskey when he played for us he looked like he could have been carrying kids from multiple other players.

One of Danny Wilson’s numerous baffling transfer deadline day (blimey, remember that? Junior Bent & Nicky Morgan in 89/90, much more like it!) signings that made absolutely no impression whatsoever.

Caskey was an unused sub for us several times but he never even got on the pitch.

Tony Hey was an even more obscure one.

As you say Caskey resembled Beadle after his playing career, the problem was he was still meant to be a footballer.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

One of Danny Wilson’s numerous baffling transfer deadline day (blimey, remember that? Junior Bent & Nicky Morgan in 89/90, much more like it!) signings that made absolutely no impression whatsoever.

Caskey was an unused sub for us several times but he never even got on the pitch.

As you say Caskey resembled Beadle after his playing career, the problem was he was still meant to be a footballer.

Didn't we sign him in the same window as Murray resigning, along with Tony Rougier?

Absolutely baffling signing, as you say never even got onto pitch, and never looked fit enough to play any part anyway. 

Didn't get that signing at the time, and still to this day I don't understand it. Mind you we also gave a contract to Bas Savage, but at least he did get onto the pitch. May have tripped over it but at least he got on!!

29 minutes ago, Taz said:

Didn't we sign him in the same window as Murray resigning, along with Tony Rougier?

Absolutely baffling signing, as you say never even got onto pitch, and never looked fit enough to play any part anyway. 

Didn't get that signing at the time, and still to this day I don't understand it. Mind you we also gave a contract to Bas Savage, but at least he did get onto the pitch. May have tripped over it but at least he got on!!

We did.

Peak Wilson, throw absolutely everything at the wall without any plan (or thought of cost) & still fail in the playoffs.

On Bas Savage, I know this is a minority view but I could definitely see what GJ was thinking, he wanted a hard working, physical partner for Brooker & Bas, for all his comedy value, absolutely worked his balls off & was tough to play against, all elbows & putting in loads of challenges.

He looked like he wouldn’t score even if the opposition walked off the pitch, though. His only goal for us actually hit him in the face & went in..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Forgot all about Tony Hey ! Probably for the best.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Hey

Having a decent management career it seems 

Edited by The Humble Realist

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I like to think my knowledge of mid-2000s Bristol City - given I barely missed a game home or away during that period - is as good as ANYONE's... but even you've got me on Tony Hey. No recollection of him whatsoever!

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Please somone put me out of my missery.  What the hell is the score with his name? And what the hell is the rumour between Darren Caskey his dad and Nicky Forster step dad. 

What have missed. 

This is going to be one of those epic threads remembered for all the wrong reasons lol

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Remember watching him, so he definitely did get on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

He was an unused sub in the home win over Plymouth in April ‘04 but never got on the pitch in any first team game for us & this was his only appearance in our match day squad.

Maybe he played for the reserves?

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He was an unused sub in the home win over Plymouth in April ‘04 but never got on the pitch in any first team game for us & this was his only appearance in our match day squad.

Maybe he played for the reserves?

I think I remember him warming up once in front of the Atyeo, but that's about it.

Transfer market shows this:

Screenshot_20230317_203015_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.002ee2670a776d1948095120462d5b29.jpg

As @GrahamC said, could possibly have been a reserve game, definitely never played for the first team.