IGNORED

An Evening With Gazza

frenchred

Went to BAWA last night for "An Evening with Gazza". Thought it was really sad to see first hand what he has become.

Obviously well documented his problems and demons but to see him like he was last night was really eye opening and sad 

So obvious, so many still making money out of him and pimping him around the country 

He looked and sounded to me as a man who desperately needs professional help 

Sort of wished after that I hadn't gone at all

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, frenchred said:

Went to BAWA last night for "An Evening with Gazza". Thought it was really sad to see first hand what he has become.

Obviously well documented his problems and demons but to see him like he was last night was really eye opening and sad 

So obvious, so many still making money out of him and pimping him around the country 

I'm not sure that the people who are paying to watch him be 'pimped around the country' are in much of a position to decry the fact that he is tbh.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

When the whole world sees you in a certain way then that is how you are going to naturally present yourself.

Gazza is forever trapped within a particular persona with no way out.

That he now lives in Bournemouth, exercises and fishes is not what the audience want to hear.

They want the happy go lucky football genius and alcohol fuelled japester, so that's what he gives them and that's what seeps into his soul.

I'm not being sanctimonious here, if Gazza was doing his show near me I'd go along and laugh at all the anecdotes.

But feel a bit guilty afterwards.

Al Stewart on an early version of "The Year of the Cat":

Where did the inspiration for Year Of The Cat come from?

“It started out as a song inspired by seeing Tony Hancock performing in Bournemouth during 1966. I was struck about how depressed he was at the time – this was just before he committed suicide – and the way he told the audience that he wanted to die. Everyone thought it was part of his act and was laughing at him. No-one understood he was serious. I called the song Foot Of The Stage, but my label felt it was too bleak, so refused to release it.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/top-of-the-progs-al-stewart-year-of-the-cat 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, frenchred said:

But the event organisers would know about his issues, they are just trying to make money out of him, very sad. 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s a grown man and clearly needs money and will earn a couple of grand I should imagine,not bad for a nights work and what he does with the money is down to him

I know the organisers and they are always worried about booking Gazza in case he doesn’t turn up. He also attends the gigs with someone that asks the same questions so everything is pretty much scripted as he knows the questions already, same scenario also for Frank Bruno.  I think the poster has already said he wishes he hadn’t gone which is why it is sad.  You are right though, it’s a source of income for Gazza but very sad how it’s all turned out.  

• Like 2

Regardless of what he's done in the past, people still want to hear him. The same can be said of many people in the public eye. 

Many famous people have brought joy to us...but have acted poorly in other parts of their lives. 

Many suffer demons. Many have hangers on, making money from their fame. 

Madonna right now springs to mind. 

The worst I've seen in recent months is Chris Eubank. Obviously has trauma and problems, especially losing his son. 

Any agent pushing this needs sacking. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Life is a cruel world,people die from cancer everyday while this clown gets sympathy from all and sundry because he played football 

I think you've missed the mood.

The bloke has mental issues, we all know that and sympathise, he's obviously fighting his demons and struggling - and probably will be till his time comes. He doesn't deserve the "clown" remark, he gave millions around the world great pleasure because of his talent and his personality. its just a great shame that its now what it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think you've missed the mood.

The bloke has mental issues, we all know that and sympathise, he's obviously fighting his demons and struggling - and probably will be till his time comes. He doesn't deserve the "clown" remark, he gave millions around the world great pleasure because of his talent and his personality. its just a great shame that its now what it is.

Why doesn’t he deserve the clown remark,didn’t he play the clown while pissing his career up the wall and people lauding him for it 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It was a different world though when he was playing. You couldn't imagine the England team going on a major piss-up a week or two before the Euros next year like they did before Euro 96.   

Inside England's infamous dentist chair party which sparked outrage ahead  of Euro 96 - Daily Star

Darren Anderton just hit the £10 jackpot on that fruiter.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why doesn’t he deserve the clown remark,didn’t he play the clown while pissing his career up the wall and people lauding him for it 

Because we are starting to understand mental health issues in a different way. 

bloke was on good money - should have been happy with that….

Nothing is as black and white as that. You cannot expect normal people to deal with the pressures such success brings. 

I thought it was documented he had mild Tourette’s syndrome which made react under pressure by doing something taboo. Biscuits Biscuits etc.

You could tell when he went to Lazio it was over and he was in trouble.