IGNORED

Everton FFP- yes

Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

On current form that projects them to finish on 30 points. Perfectly capable of coming down to the banter division.

I'm hoping they open their new stadium at the start of the 24/25 season against a newly promoted Bristol Rovers. And that is the only acceptable reason for The Gas to spend a token season in the second tier.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm hoping they open their new stadium at the start of the 24/25 season against a newly promoted Bristol Rovers. And that is the only acceptable reason for The Gas to spend a token season in the second tier.

But the Gas take so many away there won't be any room for Everton fans!

• Haha 3

All that financial cheating, just to be utterly shite. Hilarious.

And when they wake up tomorrow, they'll still be shite. And the day after. What a stupid club (well at least since Harry Catterick's School of Science days).

How the likes of Benitez or Ancellotti ever agreed to manage these monkeys is beyond. Hang on, yes - money! How silly of me. Money they didn't have, neither. Nor their owners.Corruption and stupidity, what a mix.

Now get off our pitch you skaghead tw ats.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

What's with all this outpouring of sympathy for Everton? 

They cheated, end of. Despite being allowed to write off 70 million due to covid they still breached ffp. 

We ourselves got kind of close to breaching ffp. We would very much have liked to have signed players, especially defenders. But we decided we didn't want to breach ffp.

Everton gambled, they lost that gamble, they cheated and therefore cheated other clubs. 

Fully deserved.

Screenshot_20231117_181207_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Can someone tell me what this wet wipe is on about? 

As far as I'm aware no Premier league clubs were ever going to leave the Premier league to join the super league. They would have been leaving UEFA competitions to join the super league as the super league is a rival competition for Uefa competitions. The clubs joining would remain in their domestic leagues. 

So whys someone like him lying? Makes the rest of his argument invalid.

Screenshot_20231117_182538_X.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Watershed moment for The Prem teams?
This could unravel BIG TIME with many other clubs sueing and counter sueing.

Arguably Tevez in West Ham v Sheffield United, 2007 was the first example.

The next big example here was 2021 when Derby were found guilty, Gibson resurrected that case and Couhig (Middlesbrough and Wycombe) launched his.

Annoyingly from a legal/arbitration perspective thete is still no guide or precedent as these cases were settled not heard due to Derby County being in administration.

Very interesting times and I expect a lot of PL clubs will be shocked at the PL pushing for and winning a deduction rather than a fine or soft embargo or similar.(Not that all transfer embargoes are soft of course).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder if this brings the Super League back on the table. Chelsea and Man C surely aren't going to escape significant punishment, so they may say "sod it" and head down the road with Real, Barca et al.

I'll wager that they'd take the 12 month disruption, try and suggest that whoever wins the league the year they suffer a deduction doesn't count, make noises that these deductions devalue the Premier League 'brand', moan that by devaluing the brand everyone will suffer as television revenue will drop for the broadcaster then 12 months after the event, go back to doing everything they did before.

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I'm going to get my microscope out to look for my tiny, tiny violin

See, it's posts like this when you wish you knew the person who made it 'in real life' and were able to have a laugh with them.

Because Sam, if that was the case, I would have struck thru the word 'violin' and replaced it with something juvenile like 'willy'.

But we don't know each other, so I won't do that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

See, it's posts like this when you wish you knew the person who made it 'in real life' and were able to have a laugh with them.

Because Sam, if that was the case, I would have struck thru the word 'violin' and replaced it with something juvenile like 'willy'.

But we don't know each other, so I won't do that.

You okay, hun?

5 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

If you are to get a 10 point deduction, then this is probably the best season for it to happen

With the 3 teams around them, they could've been given a 20 point deduction and still have a great chance of staying up.

So true

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

All that financial cheating, just to be utterly shite. Hilarious.

And when they wake up tomorrow, they'll still be shite. And the day after. What a stupid club (well at least since Harry Catterick's School of Science days).

How the likes of Benitez or Ancellotti ever agreed to manage these monkeys is beyond. Hang on, yes - money! How silly of me. Money they didn't have, neither. Nor their owners.Corruption and stupidity, what a mix.

Now get off our pitch you skaghead tw ats.

The same managers managed Chelsea because of money and let’s not start on Man City,can the premier league demand peps income outside of football because I bet you he’s not just getting paid Man City wages 

46 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder if this brings the Super League back on the table. Chelsea and Man C surely aren't going to escape significant punishment, so they may say "sod it" and head down the road with Real, Barca et al.

Not a chance,they have had their fingers burned once they won’t try it twice 

20 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The same managers managed Chelsea because of money and let’s not start on Man City,can the premier league demand peps income outside of football because I bet you he’s not just getting paid Man City wages 

Benitez and Ancellotti was my point?? Talk about missing it. Duh.

Read again without that bit. You might get it then. Eventually.

Good luck.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Their claim about not suing player X because of his mental health his mental health is absolutely ludicrous and quite disgusting to use mental health as an excuse. 

They sacked player X. All charges against player X were dropped by the police. Didn't even make it to court.

For them to claim they could have sued him for breach of contract to the sum of 10 million despite being an innocent man (in the eyes of the law) is outrageous. How they thought they could include that is bizarre. 

Player X would likely have a case against them if he wished for unfair dismissal. As it was they both did the correct thing and cut their losses and went their separate ways.