IGNORED

Everton FFP- yes

Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Can someone tell me what this wet wipe is on about? 

As far as I'm aware no Premier league clubs were ever going to leave the Premier league to join the super league. They would have been leaving UEFA competitions to join the super league as the super league is a rival competition for Uefa competitions. The clubs joining would remain in their domestic leagues. 

So whys someone like him lying? Makes the rest of his argument invalid.

Screenshot_20231117_182538_X.jpg

Makes it even worse that they were working with the PL and couldn't bring themselves under the limit, ultimately they could have not signed players or sold players to ensure they were under and didn't, they could have borrowed from a bank to be allowed to put the interest and loans under stadium/infrastructure but they didn't. This shouldn't come back to 'but we could have done this but we didn't because we thought it benefitted us at the time'. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There really are. Journos too!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-everton-points-deduction-31465833

Dominic King of the Daily Mail another.

I think them saying what about Chelsea, what about Man City is childish play ground stuff. 

They've been caught. They've been punished and to divert attention away from themselves they are pointing the fingers at others. 

Had the premier league dealt with this in a timely fashion or expedited the process like the clubs last season demanded then Everton would now be a Championship side and probably on the verge of bankruptcy so it's probably best for them to just shut up to avoid looking as if they are typical scousers.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

think them saying what about Chelsea, what about Man City is childish play ground stuf

It's not as if Man City and Chelsea are in the clear. The majority of fans, most pundits and many journalists either don't bother to read the regs or appear not to understand them if they do.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/17/everton-deducted-10-points-premier-league-guilty-financial-fair-play-breach

19 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think them saying what about Chelsea, what about Man City is childish play ground stuff. 

They've been caught. They've been punished and to divert attention away from themselves they are pointing the fingers at others. 

Had the premier league dealt with this in a timely fashion or expedited the process like the clubs last season demanded then Everton would now be a Championship side and probably on the verge of bankruptcy so it's probably best for them to just shut up to avoid looking as if they are typical scousers.

Yes. Albeit their charges are potentially more serious.

I do agree, whataboutery.

Do think they should broadly speaking take it on the chin, 10 points in Spring 2023 or even Spring 2022 would absolutely have relegsgrf them. What a mess they would be in.. they presently have a decent chance of survival but this may give relegation rivals a major shot in the arm.

Everton and their arguments do seem a bit all over the place, it is genuinely hard even reading the Written Reasons to ascertain what was permitted, what wasn't.

They had enough to get an aggregated loss once averaging factored in down from

Around £284-285m

To £124.5m.

Yes Covid and normal allowables costs but there was a claim of an £87.5m loss in that period so..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Benitez and Ancellotti was my point?? Talk about missing it. Duh.

Read again without that bit. You might get it then. Eventually.

Good luck.

You went on a rant about Everton whilst not condemning what Man City have done,I suggest just because Everton are still shite you take your personal views out of it and look at the bigger picture(bet you are a Liverpool fan from Bristol)

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes. Albeit their charges are potentially more serious.

I do agree, whataboutery.

Do think they should broadly speaking take it on the chin, 10 points in Spring 2023 or even Spring 2022 would absolutely have relegsgrf them. What a mess they would be in.. they presently have a decent chance of survival but this may give relegation rivals a major shot in the arm.

Best season in a while to have the deduction with those other 3 teams down there being so poor. They'll easily stay up. Shame it wasn't last season 

• Like 2

Is there ever going to be any sort of level playing field, are we going to go back to the days of local representation or quotas? this is a very divisive subject it seems that we either accept we are going down the richest teams will always dominate route or we go back to the days when attendance coupled with good management prevailed can't see that ever happening again sadly.

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You went on a rant about Everton whilst not condemning what Man City have done,I suggest just because Everton are still shite you take your personal views out of it and look at the bigger picture(bet you are a Liverpool fan from Bristol)

Yes, I went on a rant about Everton.

On a thread about Everton.

Because I can't stand Everton.

Maybe you dont remember their spawny FA cup wins at our place(bet you are a Man Utd fan from Bristol😆)

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Let's make some wild assumptions...

End of this season and....

Everton get relegated based on their 10 point deduction and being poo.

Chelsea and Man City are also relegated for financial shenanigans. All 3 end up starting next season in the Championship and would be the 3 favourites for promotion, would that ruin an entire season as even if Man City and Chelsea sold a load of players, they would (most likely) still have more talent in their reserves than most Championship sides have in their first team.

If promotion is all but guaranteed for 3 clubs before a ball is kicked, what would a sensible strategy be for the other club? Spend no money until the following season, try and compete, play youth sides and try and avoid relegation.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Let's make some wild assumptions...

End of this season and....

Everton get relegated based on their 10 point deduction and being poo.

Chelsea and Man City are also relegated for financial shenanigans. All 3 end up starting next season in the Championship and would be the 3 favourites for promotion, would that ruin an entire season as even if Man City and Chelsea sold a load of players, they would (most likely) still have more talent in their reserves than most Championship sides have in their first team.

If promotion is all but guaranteed for 3 clubs before a ball is kicked, what would a sensible strategy be for the other club? Spend no money until the following season, try and compete, play youth sides and try and avoid relegation.

In your hypothetical scenario it is quite possible that:

1) Everton would come down in a right state big club or not. Had they dropped a year ago.. 

2) Man City if relegated forcibly maybe put all the way down into League 2..not sure the EFL would accept them coming down just one division. Article a while back suggested just that.

3) Chelsea hard to say but dread to think the size of their necessary firesale and cutbacks to fall into line with EFL FFP in the first year. One quick estimate I did was £300-350m in combined cost savings, wage savings, amortisation savings and transfer profit.

Certainly in the case of the last two not like relegation wage reduction clauses are there.

Might not be as prohibitive on first glance.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

50 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It wouldn't make any difference to us, we have a top 6 squad anyway so will have won the playoffs and gone up.😉

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Premier League being strong so they can use that as an example that they don’t need an independent regulator, which the government are keen on 

......but will they be as strong in dealing with Man City and Chelsea?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12765089/Everton-NINE-POINT-deduction-administration-Burnley-Leicester-Leeds-compensation.html

The compensation claims if upheld seemingly would force Everton into administration..due to be heard by the end of the season.

I am struggling to understand how all 3 can have a claim, surely only one went down because Everton did not gain a deduction…..or am I being thick?

1 minute ago, adamski said:

I am struggling to understand how all 3 can have a claim, surely only one went down because Everton did not gain a deduction…..or am I being thick?

That is my interpretation too. One of Burnley, 18th in 2021-22 or Leicester, 18th in 2022-23.

Leeds finished 17th in 2021-22 so you could argue a prize momey gap between 16th and 17th, while Leeds finished 19th buy a few points off Everton in 2022-23 so again, you could argue a prize money gap between 18th and 19th.

Or maybe it's the case that the 3 will back the other for one of them to win their lawsuit of up to £100m.

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

......but will they be as strong in dealing with Man City and Chelsea?

The answer is yes they have been. 

City have been charged by the premier league for 100+ offences and the premier league has referred the matter to the independent commission for it to be heard. 

Not sure what else you expect the premier league to do? 

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder if this brings the Super League back on the table. Chelsea and Man C surely aren't going to escape significant punishment, so they may say "sod it" and head down the road with Real, Barca et al.

We live in hope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is my interpretation too. One of Burnley, 18th in 2021-22 or Leicester, 18th in 2022-23.

Leeds finished 17th in 2021-22 so you could argue a prize momey gap between 16th and 17th, while Leeds finished 19th buy a few points off Everton in 2022-23 so again, you could argue a prize money gap between 18th and 19th.

Or maybe it's the case that the 3 will back the other for one of them to win their lawsuit of up to £100m.

Perhaps they should make claim against the PL for not handing out the deduction earlier, after all it was not in Everton’s power to award themselves a 10 point deduction. In hindsight, a few dodgy bets around not gaining 10 points in the last 4 games might have solved any financial problems for them😂

Just now, adamski said:

Perhaps they should make claim against the PL for not handing out the deduction earlier, after all it was not in Everton’s power to award themselves a 10 point deduction. In hindsight, a few dodgy bets around not gaining 10 points in the last 4 games might have solved any financial problems for them😂

There was talk that both would be jointly liable or could be, but it was the club who were ultimately deemed in the wrong so I assume it would he their duty to compensate if a claim upheld.