IGNORED

Forest fans not happy about ST price rises

Lanterne Rouge

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And their issue is what. I'm sure many of us on here don't give a dam what other teams are charging for next season. The main thing is the season ticket prices for us next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Actually getting a ticket to see Forest play for the last two seasons has been difficult.  I doubt the club are going to be overly concerned about having sell some at more expensive prices next season.

That’s it in a nutshell….squeeze out the “young adult” band paying fans to create opportunity for full price payers..

I hope City never do this.

As for their Chairman’s message:

image.thumb.png.20173cfe10bf3de4b998d2cdc2c97336.png

Those third and fourth paras really are Corporate bollax…and will piss off the fans.  It’s basically, thanks for your support, but we are big time now, so eff you.

I hope they go down.  Just two points from safety.  Next three fixtures will play a big part.

image.thumb.png.071b0f65f9c9282592c0dc3fe0b58364.png

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s it in a nutshell….squeeze out the “young adult” band paying fans to create opportunity for full price payers..

Those third and fourth paras really are Corporate bollax…and will piss off the fans.  It’s basically, thanks for your support, but we are big time now, so eff you.

I hope they go down.  Just two points from safety.  Next three fixtures will play a big part.

With you @Davefevs - hope they go down as then, their ST prices will be extortionate in the Championship…..sadly, I expect them to survive but as you say, their next three games are huge

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

8 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

With you @Davefevs - hope they go down as then, their ST prices will be extortionate in the Championship…..sadly, I expect them to survive but as you say, their next three games are huge

Like many on here, I suspect, I also hope they go down for various reasons.

Whilst it would be wryly amusing to see Leeds, Leicester or even Everton go down, I have a sort of soft spot for Sean Dyche and the other two have probably just been a bit unfortunate.

My ‘tip’ a few months ago was for Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest, and I am sticking with that.

Incidentally, I had a brief look at Forest’s remaining fixtures a few days ago, and thought it was quite conceivable they could lose all their remaining games except one; a home match against someone, although I have forgotten who.

So just looking at the first price rise;

"The cheapest adult season ticket will cost £465, compared with £385 for the current campaign."

£80 is a bit of a jump, £4 a game. The scrapping of the 18-23 discount is a massive jump for anyone in that category .

*One fan said the switch meant he would have to pay £640 to renew for next season - a sharp rise from £150 this season.

Stuart Clarkson, who has supported the club for 45 years, said his student son's season ticket would be increasing from £150 to £480.

They should surely introduce it slowly. I get that it is a bracket that would be earning and have money to pay, but a jump of *£490 a season is a pisstake even if they had been in the higher priced seats, . There's no way I would put up with that and it could mean losing a lot of fans , some for good. 

Just to compare to my experience. 
After our relegation 98/99 we had the pick of seats, we got centre Williams , couple of rows from the front . Great view that we got because no one wanted a season ticket after an awful season.
Roll on a few years and the Club realised they could make more money if those seats were corporate. They said we could have our seats, but they would be about double what we had paid , something like £230 to £500+ . I didn't get another season ticket until the ground was redeveloped, I still went but chose my games. If that was someone just starting to watch the club they may never have come back, it was too late for me, but it can be easier to lose fans than win new ones.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 3

It's only going to continue rising for all clubs. 

If we were to go up, I think ours would rise massively. 

You've only got to look at the prices of season tickets at all the Prem Clubs this season, to see how much it costs to watch your team. 

https://fanbanter.co.uk/every-premier-league-clubs-2022-23-season-ticket-prices-with-most-expensive-and-cheapest/

It's not so much the cost of a season ticket, but the additional costs it takes to attend...and the complete ball ache of it all. 

Unless you live within walking distance of the stadium, or on a bus route that goes to the ground, the costs, time and planning needed to attend are often what makes it prohibitive for some. 

And it's only going to get worse. With the net zero green City initiative of the Government and council's by 2030, restrictions on travel will become even worse. 

Travel, parking, public transport, times, restrictions, and the extra costs involved in that are imo the biggest turn off on buying a season ticket, not the price of the ticket itself. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• SC&T Board Members
20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Scrapping the 18-23 price band and making anyone over 20 pay full price seems incredibly short-sighted.

Especially as it is that age group that will have been largely responsible for creating the good home atmosphere that has helped them to gain so many points at home this season. Very short-sighted indeed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Simple players are paid far to much money , and don’t give me its only a short career rubbish 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This bloke’s the chairman, but he’s not the owner.

That’s the bloke who was accused of match fixing in Greece but miraculously all the charges were dropped, that bombing of the business of one of the referees who was originally going to give evidence clearly just a big coincidence..

Be delighted to see them come back down, spent an incredible amount just to be in the relegation scrap, nothing against their supporters (don’t like Cooper much, such a whinger)  but how this bloke was ever considered a fit & proper owner is remarkable.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This bloke’s the chairman, but he’s not the owner.

That’s the bloke who was accused of match fixing in Greece but miraculously all the charges were dropped, that bombing of the business of one of the referees who was originally going to give evidence clearly just a big coincidence..

Be delighted to see them come back down, spent an incredible amount just to be in the relegation scrap, nothing against their supporters (don’t like Cooper much, such a whinger)  but how this bloke was ever considered a fit & proper owner is remarkable.

Was caught with $2m worth of heroin on one of his ships as well.  Got off that charge.

Greek shipowners are among the dodgiest of all the hyper-wealthy. There is a good programme on Radio 4 about the utter corruption in that sector. Lloyds of London are utterly complicit.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, redkev said:

Simple players are paid far to much money , and don’t give me its only a short career rubbish 

That’s of little relevance to the point of scrapping the 18-23 Age group.

If their fan base is representative of ours pro rata:

image.png.29e0fa1c8b0a28671cd4a7fa71e2d9e8.png

they had c15-18k season ticket holders, and about 10% will be in that 18-23 age bracket, so let’s say 1800 fans cheesed off., for the sake of £500k extra revenue, when you’re getting 200x that in tv money.

Short-sighted.

I defer to the old Bayern CEO whose name escapes me, who said (paraphrased) “why would we try to generate another £1m in season ticket revenue and piss off the fans when we get so much in tv money”.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was caught with $2m worth of heroin on one of his ships as well.  Got off that charge.

Greek shipowners are among the dodgiest of all the hyper-wealthy. There is a good programme on Radio 4 about the utter corruption in that sector. Lloyds of London are utterly complicit.

The Olympiakos match fixing case is remarkable, witnesses mysteriously dying, others changing evidence after blatant intimidation, such as the referee I mentioned whose bakery was bombed.

Greek football has been dodgy as **** for years, our FA is totally spineless though, all sorts of criminals & human rights abusers have been able to sportwash & money launder by buying their way into so many teams from Chelsea to Portsmouth.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

they had c15-18k season ticket holders, and about 10% will be in that 18-23 age bracket, so let’s say 1800 fans cheesed off., for the sake of £500k extra revenue, when you’re getting 200x that in tv money.

Short-sighted.

I defer to the old Bayern CEO whose name escapes me, who said (paraphrased) “why would we try to generate another £1m in season ticket revenue and piss off the fans when we get so much in tv money”.

Uli Hoeneß.

Pretty decent player in his time, too..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Short-sighted.

It seems to me though all this extra money from the tv companies always seems to end up in the pockets of the players , if surely the amount of monies being quoted coming into football from these tv deals is the amount they say it is ( and I believe it is ) why can’t a percentage of it go some way to subsidising ticket sales or food & drink on the concourses .

All we get are constant increases , a lot of them the clubs seem to overlook , travel , food & drink , parking ,time off work to attend games ( away games evening games etc. 
The money players earn in the premiership is nothing short of a disgrace tbh , £350,000+ for top earners how the hell to you spend or need that . Even £100,000 a week is nothing short of scandalous apart from greed there is just no need for it .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

It seems to me though all this extra money from the tv companies always seems to end up in the pockets of the players , if surely the amount of monies being quoted coming into football from these tv deals is the amount they say it is ( and I believe it is ) why can’t a percentage of it go some way to subsidising ticket sales or food & drink on the concourses .

All we get are constant increases , a lot of them the clubs seem to overlook , travel , food & drink , parking ,time off work to attend games ( away games evening games etc. 
The money players earn in the premiership is nothing short of a disgrace tbh , £350,000+ for top earners how the hell to you spend or need that . Even £100,000 a week is nothing short of scandalous apart from greed there is just no need for it .

I don’t disagree.

5 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Extortionate?

I’m not seeking to defend them (horrible club) and it’s certainly true that they don’t seem to be doing much for their fans of the future. But overall, compare them to us (our prices in brackets) - and generally speaking people didn’t seem to feel our prices were extortionate. 

Adult. Cheapest £465 (£385). Most expensive £660 (£675). Mid range £465 (£465)

Senior. Cheapest £325 (£320). Most expensive £470 (£525). Mid range £325 (£385)

12-19. Cheapest £190 (£99). Most expensive £190 (£199). Mid range £190 (£150).

It is not the overall cost of the Forest STs, they are comparable with most teams price structure, but the shock at the abolition of a category which means people of that age group see a rise in cost in excess of 200%. If STs were a true commodity or service such a rise would be price gouging. However, there is nothing to stop football clubs charging what they like for a ST other than supporter protest by not buying the tickets and not showing up. It's not unlike the housing rental market where many have seen a rise in their rent of over 60% in the last year because their is no fair rent scheme in operation. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Extortionate?

I’m not seeking to defend them (horrible club) and it’s certainly true that they don’t seem to be doing much for their fans of the future. But overall, compare them to us (our prices in brackets) - and generally speaking people didn’t seem to feel our prices were extortionate. 

Adult. Cheapest £465 (£385). Most expensive £660 (£675). Mid range £465 (£465)

Senior. Cheapest £325 (£320). Most expensive £470 (£525). Mid range £325 (£385)

12-19. Cheapest £190 (£99). Most expensive £190 (£199). Mid range £190 (£150).

Yeh the general prices are par with many teams.

It's that very early 20s age bracket they are hitting right now though. Full price at Forest, £165 in the SS for our under-22s.

Maybe they're not that bothered. Look at our figures and you see 2,000 u19 tickets turns into just 600 u22 tickets. A 70% drop off if my maths is correct.

If they're fanbase mirrors ours then you can see some logic behind protecting u19 prices and hitting those at - frankly - university age.

Edited by ExiledAjax