IGNORED

England v Ukraine

Mr Popodopolous

I guess the atmosphere was always going to be like that v Ukraine. Not a team you would get fired up playing against at the moment because of the obvious. It had the feeling of a friendly about it.

I hope we don't get complacent with the next few games. Italy could beat us at home again, didn't North Macedonia beat them in the WC qualifiers?

Yes we should be fine but when games don't go to plan A that is when Southgate just struggles a bit. Such a strong squad, some top quality players and he has them working well together.

If we could top the group early he could give more time to the likes if Gallagher and Toney to build experience rather than the odd 10 minutes here and there.

10 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I guess the atmosphere was always going to be like that v Ukraine. Not a team you would get fired up playing against at the moment because of the obvious. It had the feeling of a friendly about it.

I hope we don't get complacent with the next few games. Italy could beat us at home again, didn't North Macedonia beat them in the WC qualifiers?

Yes we should be fine but when games don't go to plan A that is when Southgate just struggles a bit. Such a strong squad, some top quality players and he has them working well together.

If we could top the group early he could give more time to the likes if Gallagher and Toney to build experience rather than the odd 10 minutes here and there.

We are pretty much done as top two go to euros. We’ve won 2 of the 4 tough games and looked very comfortable today. We will qualify. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Nice to see that the Bristol City banner  has got prominent visibility 

So I overheard the guys next to me point this out, obviously asked if they were City fans… nope, all rovers. What are the chances they asked… I know, especially as there’s so few of you I answered ?

One was keen to correct me on the way out that they weren’t all rovers, he was Southampton!

They had a weird obsession with Henderson, I assumed they didn’t rate him and were taking the piss. You’ll be surprised to know they made several questionable comments, they probably don’t get to see this passing on the deck stuff often.

As for the game thought it as a typical performance against weaker opposition at Wembley. Never really in doubt and 2 decent goals (that pass from Kane to Saka for the first was KDB esque.

Atmosphere at Wembley is trash for these games, too many paper airplanes, Mexican waves and people getting food and drink every 5 minutes. I think we need to go back to playing around the country more.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

.Atmosphere at Wembley is trash for these games, too many paper airplanes, Mexican waves and people getting food and drink every 5 minutes. I think we need to go back to playing around the country more.

This definitely needs to happen. I think we'd also raise the tempo against the opposition if we were playing at the likes of Elland Road and Old Trafford

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

This definitely needs to happen. I think we'd also raise the tempo against the opposition if we were playing at the likes of Elland Road and Old Trafford

Agreed, although we got tanked at Molinuex - though that atmosphere wasn’t much better!

Next home game is OT so we’ll see if it’s much different, I’m hoping to go as never been up there

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Agreed, although we got tanked at Molinuex - though that atmosphere wasn’t much better!

Next home game is OT so we’ll see if it’s much different, I’m hoping to go as never been up there

I went in January with a mate. It's steeped in History, but definitely needs doing up a bit, proper ground though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Molineux was a joke. They even played the wolves anthem before the game - very poor form.

Mexican wave should be banned. And that torch shite.