IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well, we do know Rob Newman has watched him several times.

Do they retain European football for winning this season’s comp?  If so, that’s another good option for Alex.

West Ham watched him most games last season and like you said Rob Newman was at several of the games. They are the team that have shown the most interest throughout last season and have made themselves known that they were watching Alex. 

And yes they qualify for the Europa League for winning the conference league.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If this does happen, I don’t think there’ll be much more activity.

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

My thoughts too

I think we're done for incomings this summer 

If Scott goes and Knight comes in, still some outstanding questions IMO.

1) Do we believe Bajic and Wiles-Richards to be a necessary next cab off the rank if O'Leary was to be injured or get sent off. Or even competition to drive standards.

2) Any word on Kalas. Staying or going? Maybe one more CB needed I'd the latter.

3) King..does he stay for depth or. Has this been ratified yet.

Loans. If we do indeed get the £25m, or near as dammit might we look at one or two high quality loans for these positions, to top off the squad- icing on the cake etc.

O'Leary, Bajic, Wiles-Richards

Tanner, McCrorie, Atkinson, Vyner, Kalas*, Dickie, Pring, Roberts

Scott*, Naismith, James, Williams, King*, Knight?

Benarous, Bell, Sykes, Cornick, Mehmeti

Conway, Wells, Weimann

*=Unclear status. Be it contractual or an upcoming sale. Versatility may well reduce the numbers required by one or two of course. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

If Scott goes and Knight comes in, still some outstanding questions IMO.

1) Do we believe Bajic and Wiles-Richards to be a necessary next cab off the rank if O'Leary was to be injured or get sent off. Or even competition to drive standards.

2) Any word on Kalas. Staying or going? Maybe one more CB needed I'd the latter.

3) King..does he stay for depth or. Has this been ratified yet.

Loans. If we do indeed get the £25m, or near as dammit might we look at one or two high quality loans for these positions, to top off the squad- icing on the cake etc.

O'Leary, Bajic, Wiles-Richards

Tanner, McCrorie, Atkinson, Vyner, Kalas*, Dickie, Pring, Roberts

Scott*, Naismith, James, Williams, King*, Knight?

Benarous, Bell, Sykes, Cornick, Mehmeti

Conway, Wells, Weimann

*=Unclear status. Be it contractual or an upcoming sale. Versatility may well reduce the numbers required by one or two of course. 

Think we need competition for Max and another player in midfield. If/when Scott goes that would be two in midfield.

• Like 2

Would think a maximum of 2 more come in if Scott does go. (Excluding Jason Knight) 

Would be stupid to spend £25m on players after the signings already made this summer, which would add 25m worth of wages as well.

Like others have said could see a keeper coming in as atm that seems the only position where their isn’t clear competition, unless HWR is much further along in his progression then assumed. 

Might see another midfielder as well depending on how much Nige and his team want/think King will feature this season. Don’t think their will be anymore then that tho, maybe a loan CB with Atkinson injured but I doubt it.

Can’t quite understand how kalas is taking so long to make a decision unless other offers he was hoping for are non-existent. In which case, let’s not keep a player that doesn’t want to be here and we are last resort.

as far as other transfers go, we need goals from midfield. Will knight offer that? Currently all our cm options score very little so how can we change that?

can mehmeti score more? Scott? Benarous? Weimann?

1 minute ago, BLRed said:

Can’t quite understand how kalas is taking so long to make a decision unless other offers he was hoping for are non-existent. In which case, let’s not keep a player that doesn’t want to be here and we are last resort.

as far as other transfers go, we need goals from midfield. Will knight offer that? Currently all our cm options score very little so how can we change that?

I would imagine Kalas has been given a deadline for a decision. My guess would be day 1 of pre-season.

• Admin
1 hour ago, CTIDhc said:

Is that with the assumption we land Jason Knight?

Yes, sorry I should have been clearer.

I've assumed he's a done deal

Only movement now will be IF we sell Scott, and even then I am not convinced we'll splash the cash, we need to start making money

4 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He's on holiday ffs. 

Are you sure about that, he was in Dubai 4 weeks ago

20 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I would imagine Kalas has been given a deadline for a decision. My guess would be day 1 of pre-season.

His contract expires in 10 days, so I’d be very surprised if we don’t know one way or the other in the next few days.

As a comparator last season Robbie Cundy turned his offer down & then signed for Barnsley on June 22nd.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BLRed said:

I think you are massively over-simplifying a decision with lots of different elements to it.

Any chance at all of Scott deciding just one more year here would be best for his development- or ideal for it anyway, useful.

Or will it be the case that once a PL and there is time still for some top flight clubs elsewhere to come in too, make formal bids that it's then simply about maximising our financial return?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous