IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

The West Ham owners have already confirmed they’ll be selling Rice, so I don’t think it matters too much which order it happens in.

I’ll be pleased for Alex to go to a club like West Ham, under Moyes too.  He’s an honest manager, you’d expect him and Newman to see eye-to-eye also.

I don’t want him going to Bournemouth or Luton for example.  Brighton, West Ham-type clubs are a good choice if he doesn’t want to try to go top-6 in one move.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, UpTheReds said:

Fulham have slapped a 90 million tag on João Palinha who West Ham were looking at as a Rice replacement. That will likely make them look at a cheaper alternative, potentially making them put a bid in Scott at some point

90!?! Crazy price tag 

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The West Ham owners have already confirmed they’ll be selling Rice, so I don’t think it matters too much which order it happens in.

I’ll be pleased for Alex to go to a club like West Ham, under Moyes too.  He’s an honest manager, you’d expect him and Newman to see eye-to-eye also.

I don’t want him going to Bournemouth or Luton for example.  Brighton, West Ham-type clubs are a good choice if he doesn’t want to try to go top-6 in one move.

It’s football and can happen at any club but I am not sure how long Davie Moyes has at West Ham.

Brighton is a very good shout for Alex . My Man City theory is cooling rapidly if they did for Rice, but that could just be agent talk to speed up Arsenal.

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bournemouth under Iraola would be a great move for him now, let’s not kid ourselves. 

He would be incredibly good for Alex’s development.

29 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Bournemouth under Iraola would be a great move for him now, let’s not kid ourselves. 

He would be incredibly good for Alex’s development.

I’ve never heard of him, so I can’t comment…but generally Bournemouth would be a poor choice imho.  I don’t see them becoming a Brighton or Brentford whatever their aspirations…not until they get a new stadium.

But that’s just my view.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Totally agree.

I really don't think Bournemouth or Luton will come into the reckoning tbh, and I don't think he should consider Wolves either. 

Brighton are on the up and West Ham have stabilised, both are well run clubs and could push for Europe next season (although West Ham are there anyway), and offer realistic opportunities for international recognition. They are probably the best options for him and a very good stepping stone to bigger things hopefully (absolutely no disrespect to either club intended).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

By holiday I mean he's on his break. If I had a big decision to make about my future that timed with my only period of down time a year I'd sure as shit wait until the end to even start contemplating my decisions. 

Whatever will be will be! The impatience for news is crazy! 

Coupled with a big decision, because his missus was born in Bristol and lives in Long Ashton with her parents - so there’s a lot of moving parts 

I’ve never heard of him, so I can’t comment…but generally Bournemouth would be a poor choice imho.  I don’t see them becoming a Brighton or Brentford whatever their aspirations…not until they get a new stadium.

But that’s just my view.

You’ll enjoy him. Bielsa-lite.

But that’s just my view.

From a purely selfish perspective (BCFC only), should this be an issue? Isn't it about money for our club rather than what's best for Alex? That's his / his advisers issue.

A very harsh attitude I accept but I support BCFC and want what's best for the club. If that means Alex makes a bad choice re a move, that's really not our concern once he inevitably leaves.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out for AS but the club has to come first IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Brighton are on the up and West Ham have stabilised, both are well run clubs and could push for Europe next season (although West Ham are there anyway), and offer realistic opportunities for international recognition. They are probably the best options for him and a very good stepping stone to bigger things hopefully (absolutely no disrespect to either club intended).

As, indeed, are Brighton.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

From a purely selfish perspective (BCFC only), should this be an issue? Isn't it about money for our club rather than what's best for Alex? That's his / his advisers issue.

A very harsh attitude I accept but I support BCFC and want what's best for the club. If that means Alex makes a bad choice re a move, that's really not our concern once he inevitably leaves.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out for AS but the club has to come first IMHO.

Understand what you’re saying and it certainly is more for his advisers but AS has been a model professional through all the speculation and it’s more that we genuinely wish him the best and hope he gets a decent move which will benefit him, enhance our reputation for developing young talent and also potentially a lucrative sell on in future

Edited by Fammyfan
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

59 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yes, but aren’t we are assuming whoever it is, has agreed to pay the fee we’ve set?

We do also want the club that is gonna earn us the biggest add-ons too…again assuming they have all offered the same.

So in that scenario we want Alex to choose x over y.

edit: just freshen screen and @Fammyfan has said what I was trying to say,

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I watch very little PL footie these days, just tend to watch EFL (and as much of that I can).

As for Bielsa, Leeds panicked with him didn’tthey!

Absolutely. Hilarious they sacked Bielsa and now they've ended up back in the Championship staring down the barrel of Scott Parker.

Their owners really do make some hideous decisions. :laugh: 

10 hours ago, Fammyfan said:

Understand what you’re saying and it certainly is more for his advisers but AS has been a model professional through all the speculation and it’s more that we genuinely wish him the best and hope he gets a decent move which will benefit him, enhance our reputation for developing young talent and also potentially a lucrative sell on in future

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, but aren’t we are assuming whoever it is, has agreed to pay the fee we’ve set?

We do also want the club that is gonna earn us the biggest add-ons too…again assuming they have all offered the same.

So in that scenario we want Alex to choose x over y.

edit: just freshen screen and @Fammyfan has said what I was trying to say,

FWIW I actually agree with the sentiments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

He'll be a Newcastle player next season I reckon

They tried to sign Barella from Inter and have now allegedly bid £50m for Tonali from A.C. Milan. They also want Maddison, though not for the £50m Leicester want apparently.

So Alex seems an unlikely target.

• Like 1