IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If a Man City, Real, Barca etc came in for him and he rejected it because its safe to stay at Arsenal then I'd question that too. 

The national team needs players playing at very highest level and in the very biggest games. Maybe then we won't keep choking big games. 

Where does that leave Harry Kane? Should he have been dropped because he was playing for a pretty ropey Spurs?

Can we build an England team entirely from players who play for Man City, Barca and Real Madrid?

I take your underlying point but I think you are overstating the case.

Edited by chinapig

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Where does that leave Harry Kane? Should he have been dropped because he was playing for a pretty ropey Spurs?

Can we build an England team entirely from players who play for Man City, Barca and Real Madrid?

I take your 

He's a poor striker because spurs don't challenge for titles........

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Tell me you're a Arsenal fan without telling me you're an Arsenal fan.....

Phillips has had a injury hit season. Many players join Man City and only play the odd games in their first season and then go on to be important 1st team players.

If he doesn't back himself to get into Man City's team then for me he's not got the right minerals to play for the national team. 

London based player wants to stay in London shocker 

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If a Man City, Real, Barca etc came in for him and he rejected it because its safe to stay at Arsenal then I'd question that too. 

The national team needs players playing at very highest level and in the very biggest games. Maybe then we won't keep choking big games. 

Rice didn’t reject the move to Man City though did he?  West Ham rejected their bid because Arsenal are offering more.  You seem to be suggesting this is all on Rice but I haven’t seen that said anywhere 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Tell me you're a Arsenal fan without telling me you're an Arsenal fan.....

Phillips has had a injury hit season. Many players join Man City and only play the odd games in their first season and then go on to be important 1st team players.

If he doesn't back himself to get into Man City's team then for me he's not got the right minerals to play for the national team. 

Surely you can’t be saying, because he’s signing for a team which will give him more immediate minutes(Helping him solidify his place in the England team for the 2024 Euros) over another who already have arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world he shouldn’t be playing for England? 

Because if that is what your saying, you my friend have lost the plot.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Why is this topic hot again... i should know better but there is still no change . 

Because it's the time of year when no football is being played and people have to keep their keyboard skills up to speed until the season starts

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Am I the only one that is disappointed in Rice preferring Arsenal over Man City? 

For England, the best outcome is that Rice plays for Man City, being coached by Pep. Without a doubt Pep would make him a better player than Arteta would. 

At Man City he will be challenging for the league every season and playing in huge games and huge Cup finals. That can only be good for England. 

To me it just feels as if he prefers Arsenal as its a safe move for him. He doesn't have to move out of London and doesn't have to challenge himself as he will walk into the Arsenal side. 

If I was Southgate I'd be on the phone to him urging him to join Man City. I think the fact Man City made one bid and then walked away was probably because they were informed he didn't really want to join them. 

I don't know it just feels like he's not backing himself and instead is playing it safe. 

What has Southgate got to do with who he plays for? 

Anyway back to Scott.

It's looking more hopeful to me that we might yet get to watch him for another season. 

I don't see any of the top 8 in for him at this time, maybe West Ham or Wolves coming in with bids but not matching our value. Don't see him going to the likes of Bournemouth even if they make a bid we would accept.

Scott seems a switched on lad with total confidence in his own ability that he could stay another season improve and get the move he would deserve the next season.

Just my take on it.

• Hmmm 1

30 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Anyway back to Scott.

It's looking more hopeful to me that we might yet get to watch him for another season. 

I don't see any of the top 8 in for him at this time, maybe West Ham or Wolves coming in with bids but not matching our value. Don't see him going to the likes of Bournemouth even if they make a bid we would accept.

Scott seems a switched on lad with total confidence in his own ability that he could stay another season improve and get the move he would deserve the next season.

Just my take on it.

West Ham surely most likely with 105 mill coming in. Wouldn’t surprise me if a bid came in soon

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George Rs said:

Don’t the reliability put this hasn’t been posted yet:

https://twitter.com/westhamxtra/status/1674157745598087169?s=46&t=GpupFNkplyLjAB3_pw6gMw

B7891B76-FA30-4476-BF6C-95D4159017C8.thumb.jpeg.e5a4eecd81785589df89ad86a0385ab6.jpeg

They network closely with ‘ExWHUexployee’ who is extremely reliable. 

They state that the interest is genuine, but have only held conversations with Scott’s representatives at the moment. 

There is also reported interest from PSG for Lucas Paqueta. This could push West Ham into requiring 3+ new midfielders (Rice, Paqueta and Lanzini - Released) would all need replacing. 

Scott, Zakaria, Ward-Prowse, Onana and Paulinha are the names mentioned. 

• Like 2

I expect bids from West Ham and Wolves to arrive in the next few weeks, and possibly Brighton if/when they sell Caicedo. 

I saw Rob Newman most times I was down the Gate last season, and Lopetegui’s a big admirer. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, tin said:

I expect bids from West Ham and Wolves to arrive in the next few weeks, and possibly Brighton if/when they sell Caicedo. 

I saw Rob Newman most times I was down the Gate last season, and Lopetegui’s a big admirer. 

Wolves have pulled out, they can't afford him and we won't shift on our valuation

38 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Wolves have pulled out, they can't afford him and we won't shift on our valuation

That situation could change quickly IMO. They’ve just fetched £47m for Neves, another £10m for Coady, and more may follow them out the door.

I can see him going to West Ham, seeing as they have the cash and the long-standing interest. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

Would imagine Nige and team would want to know intention ahead of Austria.  That might not be possible, but you’d think they’d want a bit of clarity as to whether to start progressing other targets.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would imagine Nige and team would want to know intention ahead of Austria.  That might not be possible, but you’d think they’d want a bit of clarity as to whether to start progressing other targets.

City might want to know 'Intention' from potential clubs, but would they really tell us about potential bids in order to help us look at replacements? They will want to keep cards close to chest in the hope it helps keeps potential price down. 

5 minutes ago, brad blit said:

City might want to know 'Intention' from potential clubs, but would they really tell us about potential bids in order to help us look at replacements? They will want to keep cards close to chest in the hope it helps keeps potential price down. 

I don’t expect them / City to tell us / the fans anything.

What I was angling at was not wanting this to drag on.  If Alex’s agent is really talking to West Ham (or whoever) then finding out if he really wants to go.

1 hour ago, tin said:

That situation could change quickly IMO. They’ve just fetched £47m for Neves, another £10m for Coady, and more may follow them out the door.

I can see him going to West Ham, seeing as they have the cash and the long-standing interest. 

No it won't, they have a 200 million quid hole

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No it won't, they have a 200 million quid hole

There’s no way in hell Lopetegui would have agreed to stay on if they didn’t have a plan to strengthen IMO. 

@Mr Popodopolous and @Davefevs know more about FFP than most on here, and I suspect the sales of Neves and Coady put them there or thereabouts in terms of the £105m loss PL clubs are allowed to accrue over a three-year period. 

11 minutes ago, tin said:

There’s no way in hell Lopetegui would have agreed to stay on if they didn’t have a plan to strengthen IMO. 

@Mr Popodopolous and @Davefevs know more about FFP than most on here, and I suspect the sales of Neves and Coady put them there or thereabouts in terms of the £105m loss PL clubs are allowed to accrue over a three-year period. 

Not sure they're selling Coady. Comments I saw a while ago said he was returning "to be re-integrated into the squad" which doesn't sound like he's got a "For Sale" sign round his neck. They have other sellable assets though, for sure.

Agree that Lopetegui wouldn't have stayed unless they have a plan to strengthen. Will be interesting to see how that pans out - I'm surprised he stayed, tbh 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not sure they're selling Coady. Comments I saw a while ago said he was returning "to be re-integrated into the squad" which doesn't sound like he's got a "For Sale" sign round his neck. They have other sellable assets though, for sure.

Going to Leicester.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agree that Lopetegui wouldn't have stayed unless they have a plan to strengthen. Will be interesting to see how that pans out - I'm surprised he stayed, tbh 

Lopetegui himself said they would be focusing on young players in the £8-15m range. That puts Alex out of their reach.

• Like 2