IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

16 minutes ago, tin said:

There’s no way in hell Lopetegui would have agreed to stay on if they didn’t have a plan to strengthen IMO. 

@Mr Popodopolous and @Davefevs know more about FFP than most on here, and I suspect the sales of Neves and Coady put them there or thereabouts in terms of the £105m loss PL clubs are allowed to accrue over a three-year period. 

Lopetegui literally said they are focusing on young players in the 8-15 million range, that is not alex scott

Wolves can not afford him, nothing is going to change that this season

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Lopetegui literally said they are focusing on young players in the 8-15 million range, that is not alex scott

Wolves can not afford him, nothing is going to change that this season

What about the Neves sale?

8 minutes ago, Fuber said:

What about the Neves sale?

Makes no difference because of ffp, its well documented

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Over to you - Recruitment Team ?

We've already got his replacement in the squad, he was out last season with a acl 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Lopetegui himself said they would be focusing on young players in the £8-15m range. That puts Alex out of their reach.

Yes I saw that. But they must have a plan to strengthen otherwise he wouldn't be staying, I would have thought. 

Whether that involves Alex Scott is another matter entirely, of course.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes I saw that. But they must have a plan to strengthen otherwise he wouldn't be staying, I would have thought. 

Whether that involves Alex Scott is another matter entirely, of course.

Their plan to strengthen is, as reported, limited to signing players for a maximum of £15m. A consequence of spending £200m then spending the season fighting relegation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Makes no difference because of ffp, its well documented

We've already got his replacement in the squad, he was out last season with a acl 

Ayman’s comeback would be a lovely boost to the squad.

(assume you weren’t meaning putting Big Rob into midfield ?)

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Ayman’s comeback would be a lovely boost to the squad.

(assume you weren’t meaning putting Big Rob into midfield ?)

That's the player I'm thinking,

When he was fit, I thought he was ahead of Scott in terms of development,

I'm looking forward to him being back

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

That's the player I'm thinking,

When he was fit, I thought he was ahead of Scott in terms of development,

I'm looking forward to him being back

I couldn’t disagree more, but I still liked what I saw from Ayman in his 604 mins of first team football for us, to think he has a bright future.

I thought he played better for the first team than he did for the u23s, where he was a bit too “dribbly”.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think we need to be really cautious with our expectations for Benarous this season.

He looked promising in his handful of appearances, but he's a teenager who has only played 600 minutes of Championship football. He's then suffered a significant injury which, unfortunately, can really derail a player's progress. To expect him to come back from injury and act as the replacement for Alex Scott is a huge ask.

That's not to say Benarous won't go on to be Scott's replacement, but it's very bold to rely on Ayman being ready to shoulder that responsibility as early as August.

If he didn't get injured he'd if had similar minutes to Conway and Scott last season, we wouldn't of saw bell coming through,

I'm excited about him, I stand by what I said, that at the time both him and Scott were playing I though he was further along, but Scott.developed much quicker thanks to first team football,

I made the same prediction with Conway, so I'm hoping I get this one right as well,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Going to Leicester.

Yep, that’s £10m in and Nathan Collins looks like he’ll be the next one to follow Coady out the door - to Brentford for £25m. Spurs and Liverpool are also after Max Kilman for around £35m. Plenty of spinning plates that could easily change their stance. 

49 minutes ago, tin said:

Yep, that’s £10m in and Nathan Collins looks like he’ll be the next one to follow Coady out the door - to Brentford for £25m. Spurs and Liverpool are also after Max Kilman for around £35m. Plenty of spinning plates that could easily change their stance. 

That's a funny way to go about strengthening. Unless it's for the Championship!

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I know the money will be good and all that, but he’s going to leave a hell of a hole in our team that’s going to be very hard to replace…

Better to have had him, but to lose him, than to have never had him at all. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

Coady I can check but think pure profit, Collins £9-10m profit on disposal, think Kilman also pure profit. If academy pure profit.

The Neves deal.was £47m minus remaining Book Value of £2-3m.and £1.6m sell on to Lie to iirc.

17 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

That's a funny way to go about strengthening. Unless it's for the Championship!

They're clearly in a decent sized FFP hole although I query whether the PL have shown such energy with a host of others.

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think we need to be really cautious with our expectations for Benarous this season.

He looked promising in his handful of appearances, but he's a teenager who has only played 600 minutes of Championship football. He's then suffered a significant injury which, unfortunately, can really derail a player's progress. To expect him to come back from injury and act as the replacement for Alex Scott is a huge ask.

That's not to say Benarous won't go on to be Scott's replacement, but it's very bold to rely on Ayman being ready to shoulder that responsibility as early as August.

One of the most important changes to City's way of working since Pearson and Rennie arrived is the fact that however it has been a short term negative, no injured player has been rushed back before everyone concerned appears to be 120% satisfied that the player concerned is fit and needs first team games to become fully fit.

This way of doing things is not followed by many managers but for us it has given a lot of first team football to the young ones from our Academy and recruited from outside.

I see Ayman being nursed back gently for maybe several months before he is considered totally fit for battle twice a week for 95 minutes. If he makes it back earlier to 110% fitness all well and good.

Whichever way it goes, we have, IMO, a real gem from our Academy to add to several others. Reminiscent of the times in the past when our home grown boys brought some real pride into our lives.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tin said:

So they might have to sign 3 centre backs to replace those before they think about Alex??

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Coady I can check but think pure profit, Collins £9-10m profit on disposal, think Kilman also pure profit. If academy pure profit.

The Neves deal.was £47m minus remaining Book Value of £2-3m.and £1.6m sell on to Lie to iirc.

They're clearly in a decent sized FFP hole although I query whether the PL have shown such energy with a host of others.

Just for clarity, Conor Coady will always have some residual asset value by nature of every contract extension will re calculate the amortisation profile based on current value divided by remaining term.  It is likely to be pretty small, but it’s not quite “pure” profit.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Over to you - Recruitment Team ?

Indeed - good money to have and I understand a player of his quality will go and we shouldn’t hold him back - but for all the excited talk of £££££m in transfer fee - still feel we won’t see the ‘benefit’ of that cash vs. the loss of the Scott on the field, this season.

Shame but I guess that’s progress.

Just now, Alessandro said:

Indeed - good money to have and I understand a player of his quality will go and we shouldn’t hold him back - but for all the excited talk of £££££m in transfer fee - still feel we won’t see the ‘benefit’ of that cash vs. the loss of the Scott on the field, this season.

Shame but I guess that’s progress.

We won't see the benefit of the cash due to sustained massive losses year on year ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Also this….progress, eh?! ?

Good thing we've got a.good academy,,

And to think people wanted to scrap it.....

But seriously, we are moving in the right direction, we get 25 mil, I reckon  nige will get 8 mil of that,

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 4