IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

I wonder how Pep regards Alex Scott. I suspect that if we keep AS for another season and he continues to improve, Man City will be giving serious consideration to acquiring him. Getting one of theirs now either permanent or loan would be good for both clubs especially as Fiorini apparently had a decent season at Blackpool.

28 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder how Pep regards Alex Scott. I suspect that if we keep AS for another season and he continues to improve, Man City will be giving serious consideration to acquiring him. Getting one of theirs now either permanent or loan would be good for both clubs especially as Fiorini apparently had a decent season at Blackpool.

Man City will wait until Arsenal show an interest.

:whistle2:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BLRed said:

Due to Twitter dying a death, the first we are actually going to hear about anything now is the official site when something is done. We can’t even read of any rumours as we can’t even refresh our Twitter feeds. Mine is completely blank. Not sure how I’m supposed to keep up to date with regular news of the things I’m interested in. Guess we should all go back to the days of Ceefax

Newsnow is a pretty good aggregator. Has some clickbait too of course.

All the same, to type "Alex Scott" newsnow or "Bristol City" newsnow into Google is a decent place to look.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Newsnow is a pretty good aggregator. Has some clickbait too of course.

All the same, to type "Alex Scott" newsnow or "Bristol City" newsnow into Google is a decent place to look.

I’m talking in general but for all city news too. Twitter for now does seem to have sorted itself out…

2 hours ago, soultrader said:

This has come as quite the shock.

I may need some time to come to terms with this ... I hope everyone can respect my privacy during this difficult time

?

You're having a Harry & Meghan moment then ST? :)

It is a shame that Twitter is struggling but we can easily replace that on here. 

*Insert random advert for something you have literally no interest in thread of replies.

It seems fairly clear that the West Ham link is a strong one. Conversations ongoing and the money from Declan Rice yet to land. 

*insert random advert for something you still have literally no interest in.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You'd imagine the club would offer to double his wages with an agreement that he can leave next season for a set price.

If he signed a deal with that caveat, it's good for him and the club I guess. That's IF he wants another year with us ( hopefully).

In Alex’s case I don’t necessarily hold with the theory that his value in a years time if he stays with us (with only one year left on his contract) will drop. He is for us a generational talent who has been named among the best young players in the world. This is not your average Championship player and his value will only increase. The type of clubs who will come in for him will not wait for him to run his contract down to save themselves a few million so I don’t see that being a danger. If he stays another year then he will certainly go, even if we did get promoted, such is his level and it would be a massive fee. 

From his perspective he can choose to go to a West Ham or Brighton now or wait 12 months and potentially go to a consistently top 6 club. Watching Antoine he may think that playing every week in the Championship rather than sitting on a Premier League bench compared with maybe walking straight into the team at a massive club in 12 months time could be worth the wait.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

40 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You'd imagine the club would offer to double his wages with an agreement that he can leave next season for a set price.

We've already offered him a new contract. It's been on the table for 6 months at least: Bristol City offer Alex Scott new contract in bid to ward off Tottenham, Leeds and other suitors - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

As far as we know, he hasn't signed it. Which tells us..... 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

2 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

In Alex’s case I don’t necessarily hold with the theory that his value in a years time if he stays with us (with only one year left on his contract) will drop. He is for us a generational talent who has been named among the best young players in the world. This is not your average Championship player and his value will only increase. The type of clubs who will come in for him will not wait for him to run his contract down to save themselves a few million so I don’t see that being a danger. If he stays another year then he will certainly go, even if we did get promoted, such is his level and it would be a massive fee. 

From his perspective he can choose to go to a West Ham or Brighton now or wait 12 months and potentially go to a consistently top 6 club. Watching Antoine he may think that playing every week in the Championship rather than sitting on a Premier League bench compared with maybe walking straight into the team at a massive club in 12 months time could be worth the wait.

Is it better for City for him to leave. Ow for a WHU or Brighton and us pocket the sell on when he moves up a notch? 
if he goes to a top 6 club now or next year we can, most likely, kiss goodbye to a future sell on. 
Brutal I know but it might be better for Bristol City if he went now. 
Obviously, ideally he stays, we get promoted and he signs a longer deal - however unlikely that might be!!! 

14 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Is it better for City for him to leave. Ow for a WHU or Brighton and us pocket the sell on when he moves up a notch? 
if he goes to a top 6 club now or next year we can, most likely, kiss goodbye to a future sell on. 
Brutal I know but it might be better for Bristol City if he went now. 
Obviously, ideally he stays, we get promoted and he signs a longer deal - however unlikely that might be!!! 

Have to agree,  we just arent in a position to be able to either lose that potential transfer fee,, or find any other way to generate that level of transfer fee, we have to do it,,, and for his career,, he needs to do it too?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We've already offered him a new contract. It's been on the table for 6 months at least: Bristol City offer Alex Scott new contract in bid to ward off Tottenham, Leeds and other suitors - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

As far as we know, he hasn't signed it. Which tells us..... 

We both know full well what it means.

If anyone offers a fee that we consider to be acceptable then he’s off.

Forget all this fantasy stuff about “wanting to stay one more season” & “helping us make the playoffs” he’s (rightly) thinking about his career.

The lad isn’t even that local, he’s from Guernsey & so like in January he wants to move on & multiply his wages by some unknown factor of ten.

Good luck to him & thank goodness we now have a system in place that seemingly supplies a conveyor belt of young talent to both bring in significant fees & help build a squad.

• Like 17

Frickin Bournemouth.

Would seriously be ****ed right off if he went there, crap tinpot club.

West Ham or Brighton would be much much better for him and his career, Both in Europe.

Bournemouth got away with it last year and with any luck get relegated this time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Spudgun said:

Frickin Bournemouth.

Would seriously be ****ed right off if he went there, crap tinpot club.

West Ham or Brighton would be much much better for him and his career, Both in Europe.

Bournemouth got away with it last year and with any luck get relegated this time.

Not that I have any idea into what Alex might be thinking, but you’d think West Ham and Brighton would stand out, Euro football too, means big squad, more chance of being involved.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nothing is going to happen until Arsenal can agree on the payment terms for Rice. 

Once Rice goes then there will be a domino effect.

Given the amount of money involved, I would have thought WHFC would have been able to celebrate with more than pizza ?

Maybe they'll have extra pineapple

??

• Haha 1