IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think we will hear breaking news of another bid one way or another before the day is out

Some admittedly only the Bournemouth forum are suggesting it might be £18m or something between £15-20m, with it rising to the latter with add-ons.

Granted I don't take transfer chat on a forum as gospel (unless is @Bcfcshags obviously).

However if it's £18m or the rising to £20m with add-ons then once again??

porcammerda-reclamo-gomblotto.gif

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some admittedly only the Bournemouth forum are suggesting it might be £18m or something between £15-20m, with it rising to the latter with add-ons.

Granted I don't take transfer chat on a forum as gospel (unless is @Bcfcshags obviously).

However if it's £18m or the rising to £20m with add-ons then once again??

porcammerda-reclamo-gomblotto.gif

I think a basic guaranteed fee of £20m + some realistic add ons will do it personally. But the club know best. 

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

43 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

West Ham won't have 100 million quid to spend when Rice leaves.

Arsenal are paying that in instalments, over 3 years (Arsenal wanted to do it over 5 years, West Ham refused). So - in round figures - West Ham will have 30 million to spend this summer but they're after several players.

So I suspect, even if they came straight in with a bid of 25 million, they'd want to structure the payments in a way that might not be what we're looking for. And for that reason, we might not accept their bid and, instead, accept a slightly lower one from another club who are willing to pay more up front.

There's a post somewhere on this thread stating that part of the problem with the offer from Wolves was that we want more than 10 million up front, which they couldn't do (never mind the fact they also couldn't get near our asking price).

I doubt any big transfer fees get paid up front do they? Probably all instalments, so a buying club will be looking at cashflow from incoming instalments on sales as well as the deal they can get on the timing of what they pay.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I doubt any big transfer fees get paid up front do they? Probably all instalments, so a buying club will be looking at cashflow from incoming instalments on sales as well as the deal they can get on the timing of what they pay.

Yep, most if not all “big” transfers are paid in instalments.  We of course even see the “loan with obligation to buy” as a way of putting off the first payment.

(RG said that at the Oct Fans Forum)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

If Webster went for £22m I think we can expect £25m for Scott. Hopefully an improved bid comes in today from a club other than Bournemouth, and then the bidding war begins.

Yep. Not sure what part of "His price is £25M" some don't understand.

I think a few people are starting to panic, because they're worried he'll start to lose value (contract length) or if he goes late in the window, we wont have time to add to the squad before 1st September.

I don't think the club will panic though. The price is set, pay it or don't darken our door.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think you've misread what I wrote. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

I think a few people are starting to panic, because they're worried he'll start to lose value (contract length) or if he goes late in the window, we wont have time to add to the squad before 1st September.

I don't think the club will panic though. The price is set, pay it or don't darken our door.

It clearly is, but that doesn’t always mean £25m fee straight up, it could be that ‘we need to make £25m fee from him’ whether than be a straight up £25m fee, or a lower fee with add ons that will pretty comfortably be reached to get us there. 

We’re definitely in a powerful position but I’d say also slightly dependent on how high Clubs are willing to go. Wolves are already out it seems. So we may get a bid £22m + adds say, let other clubs know we’ve received that, said other clubs don’t want to match it go higher and we accept. Probably all depends on the players we will be working on (probably now, already) as the replacements/people will get in with the money and how many of those are ones they may think are too good to pass up on?

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

His value could quite conceivably increase, if Scott plays well between the start of the season, and the January transfer window.

Clubs do love to panic buy in January!

COYR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Exactly!

I see Rice is set to sign for Arsenal any time now….. could that open West Ham’s wallet??? 

That’d be nice. I imagine the money won’t go up for him but the money received instantly might be what the true fight would be. If West Ham came in and offered 25m upfront with add ons and Bournemouth wanted it spread over 2/3 years they’d lose out. It would be interesting to see if they then offered more than West Ham but still spread out what we’d take? Say 27 million over 3 years or 25 million right now. Think I’d be inclined to take the 25m. Oh to be a fly on the wall. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

That’d be nice. I imagine the money won’t go up for him but the money received instantly might be what the true fight would be. If West Ham came in and offered 25m upfront with add ons and Bournemouth wanted it spread over 2/3 years they’d lose out. It would be interesting to see if they then offered more than West Ham but still spread out what we’d take? Say 27 million over 3 years or 25 million right now. Think I’d be inclined to take the 25m. Oh to be a fly on the wall. 

West Ham haven't got 25 million to slap on the table. And no transfer is structured in such a way these days anyway. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I get the feeling that clubs will low-ball for obvious commercial reasons.

How this affect the dynamics if at all, ie Scott and his agent.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

West Ham haven't got 25 million to slap on the table. And no transfer is structured in such a way these days anyway. 

They'll get £100mn over 2 years according to Sky Sports. Maybe they'll make a higher bid than B'mouth 

Edited by Azed

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

I think a basic guaranteed fee of £20m + some realistic add ons will do it personally. But the club know best. 

You’re certainly not alone in thinking that.

Would be nice if West Ham were interested with Rice about to depart but the new Director of Football appears to have other thoughts, sadly.

West Ham reportedly coming back for Alvarez atm.

They were linked with him earlier in the window but I dunno if the Rice delay created a logjam. Borussia Dortmund were keen (on Alvarez) but seem to have stepped back.

Zakaria is also reportedly getting closer to West Ham. I'd say they need up to 3 midfielders given the departure of Lanzini and Rice.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You’re certainly not alone in thinking that.

Would be nice if West Ham were interested with Rice about to depart but the new Director of Football appears to have other thoughts, sadly.

West Ham would have been a good move for Alex. Decent size club and probably get good game time there.

No disrespect to Bournemouth but imagine playing home games at the Vitality stadium with those low attendances.

29 minutes ago, Azed said:

They'll get £100mn over 2 years according to Sky Sports. Maybe they'll make a higher bid than B'mouth 

I read it was over 3 but who knows. I can see them offering more than Bournemouth too but will the payments be structured to our liking as it seems we want a fair chunk up front first. Also, they have other midfield targets that appear to be a higher priority than Scott. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

3 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

West Ham would have been a good move for Alex. Decent size club and probably get good game time there.

No disrespect to Bournemouth but imagine playing home games at the Vitality stadium with those low attendances.

Alvarez, Ward-Prowse and Zakaria all linked to varying degrees..we can ❌ them off if that came off.

42 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

His value could quite conceivably increase, if Scott plays well between the start of the season, and the January transfer window.

Clubs do love to panic buy in January!

COYR.

The clubs that do that in the EPL tend to be concerned about relegation, not a particularly attractive option for Alex at this stage of his career, and not one that he would be likely to take.

44 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think you've misread what I wrote. 

I reacted to your first line that said West Ham won’t have £100M to spend. They will in profit terms, even if not in cash flow terms. They can spend all the Rice transfer fee, but or course won’t be receiving it all up front, so will have to buy according ly.