IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not if we don't accept West Ham's offer! 

For all we know, we might accept a couple of million less if another club was happy to pay more up front.

Who knows! Thank god we don't have players this good very often, eh? It's giving us all a headache. 

Oh for the old days, when Manager X would meet Manager Y in a motorway service station, agree a fee  exchange brown manila envelopes and then go for pints of wine to celebrate. 

So much easier. 

We're not desperate for cash so certainly wouldn't accept millions less just to get more cash upfront.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I wouldn't hold my breath even if Jon said it was going to happen. Still waiting for a fitting tribute to Terry Cooper and I'll probably be in my grave before anything us put on the blank frontage of the Dolman Stand or a tribute is made to Chris Garland. 

Good plan ... it can be dangerous

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

You'd also have to have bristol rugby as well

I’ve always thought that why we’ve left it blank. I think it’s a bit soulless on the outside and that would finish it off perfectly. I support the bears but part of me is a little annoyed that a part of our home of many years has been decorated in tribute to them - not sure if that makes sense or if anyone feels the same 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I’ve always thought that why we’ve left it blank. I think it’s a bit soulless on the outside and that would finish it off perfectly. I support the bears but part of me is a little annoyed that a part of our home of many years has been decorated in tribute to them - not sure if that makes sense or if anyone feels the same 

As one who has supported both City and Bris for a lot of decades. So long that there are only the six City 50 Goals that I didn't see play.

Likewise, I have good memories of the amateur days when so many Bristol players were chosen for England Rugby.

Bristol's history has been more notable than City. Thus it appears that there is a bias toward them but it's probably more noticeable because of City's lack of trophies and international caps.

May be that will change in the near future?

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unless there is a sell-on fee of any kind to Guernsey. If there is then he goes for £25m - I dunno say 15 pct. We have £21.25m profit on disposal.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Someone posted that Guernsey aren’t entitled and are unable to demand a sell on . 
I am sure Uncle Steve will look after them though. 

yes, was mentioned a good while back that Guernsey have no interest in this deal.  I’m sure when we signed him we paid some money for a bit of goodwill between both clubs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Does the player get a say in this?

Absolutely not. Man City offer £25m and we decline them, there is absolutely nothing Alex can do about it… or is there…?

I’d be hopeful that we’ve agreed ground rules with AS and his representatives early on:

- Gas offer £20k (if they can find a mortgage lender willing to offer 100% LTV on the Mem, so unlikely) that’s a no and we don’t expect you to be hacked off Alex.

- Real Madrid offer £100m and you want to go, fair play Alex, live your best life - and if we say “no” don’t think unreasonable for him to down tools, as we would be being unreasonable. 

And more nuanced (and likely) offers in between. Hopeful that offers won’t be a starting point of our conversations with Alex re what we will accept and therefore his reaction to our reaction. Fantasies that the player has no power in this situation are clearly just that, fantasies. 

• Like 3

A lot that we know already, although one possibly slightly new development is that we know about Wolves but Brighton may also consider the price to be too high. ⬇️

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12300995/Bournemouth-make-improved-bid-Bristol-Citys-Alex-Scott-15m-offer-rejected.html

Bit more surprising in the context of their higher revenue, higher profitability, platform for young talent and no FFP concerns etc. Preference rather than being heavily restricted at this juncture probably.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A lot that we know already, although one possibly slightly new development is that we know about Wolves but Brighton may also consider the price to be too high. ⬇️

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12300995/Bournemouth-make-improved-bid-Bristol-Citys-Alex-Scott-15m-offer-rejected.html

Bit more surprising in the context of their higher revenue, higher profitability, platform for young talent and no FFP concerns etc. Preference rather than being heavily restricted at this juncture probably.

Forget his name but reliable Brighton journey said they weren’t entertaining it last week 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Absolutely not. Man City offer £25m and we decline them, there is absolutely nothing Alex can do about it… or is there…?

I’d be hopeful that we’ve agreed ground rules with AS and his representatives early on:

- Gas offer £20k (if they can find a mortgage lender willing to offer 100% LTV on the Mem, so unlikely) that’s a no and we don’t expect you to be hacked off Alex.

- Real Madrid offer £100m and you want to go, fair play Alex, live your best life - and if we say “no” don’t think unreasonable for him to down tools, as we would be being unreasonable. 

And more nuanced (and likely) offers in between. Hopeful that offers won’t be a starting point of our conversations with Alex re what we will accept and therefore his reaction to our reaction. Fantasies that the player has no power in this situation are clearly just that, fantasies. 

Genuine question: what can Scott do about it if we reject a bid?

Been told Bournemouth aren’t far away from matching our valuation (20m + add ons) although West Ham is his preferred destination. Let’s see what comes in the next few days! 

1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Down tools, go AWOL, cause unrest etc. 

Not suggesting he will mind you. Pearson seems to have a father son sort of relationship with the youngsters. Arm around when required, tough love and honesty on other occasions. 

There's quite an echo in here....

4 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Hand in a transfer request?

I would not be surprised if he stays another season with us unless the offer is well over 25 mill plus extras. The lad will be guaranteed a place every match with us next season if he is fit. I can only see him missing a first team spot when he is called up for international duty. 

Then if we get promoted, he most probably will stay for an additional season and his value will then be 30mill plus. Then the timing maybe correct not just career wise but also personal for him.

Wow what a great prospect he is and has become. 

I wish him all the best on what he ever decides to do. Probably one of the best players that will go down in BCFC history and a future England legend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Hand in a transfer request?

10 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Down tools, go AWOL, cause unrest etc. 

Not suggesting he will mind you. Pearson seems to have a father son sort of relationship with the youngsters. Arm around when required, tough love and honesty on other occasions. 

I see. So nothing that actually forces our hand.

11 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Been told Bournemouth aren’t far away from matching our valuation (20m + add ons) although West Ham is his preferred destination. Let’s see what comes in the next few days! 

Without pressure of needing to name any names, have you heard any whispers of how the club plan to re-invest some of the money we receive? 

Wasn’t there a match last Year where it looked like some of the attention got to him and he was subbed off at half time? Might of imagined it but could be a season of the odd moment like that which is only natural to have that much attention, good luck to the lad if he moves on, interesting to see how wed upgrade with a few weeks of the window left.

16 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Yep, plus West Ham have changed focus since the new Director of Football was appointed.

I would be very surprised if he’s not a Bournemouth player by the time we face Preston.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, plus West Ham have changed focus since the new Director of Football was appointed.

I would be very surprised if he’s not a Bournemouth player by the time we face Preston.

Be interesting to see if he plays today as if close, why risk an asset?