IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 minutes ago, George Rs said:

It’s about keeping the agent happy as well. I’d assume club and Alex’s team have agreed on a value for him that would allow him to leave. If we were to hold further then that I’d imagine they would get dicey. 

Agent fees for the prem would be extremely high compared to a championship move. Remeber the Sunderland documentary and how Josh Majas agent handled it. Don’t think Alex’s agent is like that but it’s always something to keep in mind.

As much as I rate that Maja comment I honestly don't believe that we saw the complete story behind that move - Donald was always going to come down on that agent after that series of events and how angry he was that Maja was just snatched away from him.

13 minutes ago, George Rs said:

It’s about keeping the agent happy as well. I’d assume club and Alex’s team have agreed on a value for him that would allow him to leave. If we were to hold further then that I’d imagine they would get dicey. 

Agent fees for the prem would be extremely high compared to a championship move. Remeber the Sunderland documentary and how Josh Majas agent handled it. Don’t think Alex’s agent is like that but it’s always something to keep in mind.

Isn't his representative his dad?

Remember the days of the Academy producing the odd first team player every now and then? Makes me feel bloody chuffed that our club is producing this kind of player and we’re talking about whether a £20m+ bid should be accepted.

And we’ve still got the likes of Pring and Conway who could go for big money as well if they continue last seasons form. 

Crazy, really. But that Academy is worth its weight in gold (or Scott’s). 

Don’t expect Scott to be here come August 5th but can’t wait for the season to start! COYR

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Feels unlikely Wolves are going to give up now, and will meet our valuation shortly. 

I do wonder whether, given their long-term interest, Alex has already agreed terms with them. Possible. 

Are Personal terms generally agreed prior to bids being placed?

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Feels unlikely Wolves are going to give up now, and will meet our valuation shortly. 

I do wonder whether, given their long-term interest, Alex has already agreed terms with them. Possible. 

I doubt Wolves would be putting the effort in if they hadn't at least been told by the agent that the player is open to joining them.

Wages are likely to be the easy bit given what Scott is likely to be on right now.

Edited by mozo

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

You read about it regularly now where the agent will talk to the club and essentially agree with club that personal terms could be met

Yes i have heard this also, entirely possible that Scott and his agent have already verbally discussed this with Wolves.

40 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

It used to be the case that the player being sold, if they hadn't asked for the transfer, would get a percentage of the transfer fee. Would that still be the case?

They will be due there team bonus and any contract bonus as he hasn't asked to leave I believe 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

@Kid in the Riot you know how it works now mate with the rise of the power of the agent. 

Long before any deal has been agreed between the clubs, and this is on any decent sized transfer not just Alex, the player will know via his agent what club x is offering as a package. Indeed the agent will have negotiated that package with club x and the player without the player having had any ‘direct’ conversation.

The agent will also have made club x very aware of what the selling club will accept, not just the overall fee but also the payment profile.

The player will know exactly what to expect if he gets permission to speak to club x.

Going back a good while transfers would regularly fall through because terms with the player could not be agreed. That is almost unheard of now. 

Once a fee is agreed and the player goes to speak to club x the money side will already be in place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

@Kid in the Riot you know how it works now mate with the rise of the power of the agent. 

Long before any deal has been agreed between the clubs, and this is on any decent sized transfer not just Alex, the player will know via his agent what club x is offering as a package. Indeed the agent will have negotiated that package with club x and the player without the player having had any ‘direct’ conversation.

The agent will also have made club x very aware of what the selling club will accept, not just the overall fee but also the payment profile.

The player will know exactly what to expect if he gets permission to speak to club x.

Going back a good while transfers would regularly fall through because terms with the player could not be agreed. That is almost unheard of now. 

Once a fee is agreed and the player goes to speak to club x the money side will already be in place.

That was my understanding. There's nothing to stop an agent having a detailed 'hypothetical' conversation with a prospective buying club?!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hope so, would like to see better PL teams than Bournemouth (especially) and Wolves come in for him.

I'd love to see him at a top 8 club but i just don't think they will take the plunge right now. They are all probably happy for a lesser prem team to sign him for now and then snap him up if he tears it up in the prem this coming season.

Can't see Brighton even coming in with the young players they already have coming through like Enciso.

If a top 8 team came in then it would likely be to then loan him out to another prem team and at £25 million plus i don't see them wanting to do that

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

That was my understanding. There's nothing to stop an agent having a detailed 'hypothetical' conversation with a prospective buying club?!

No there isn’t but the risk to the agent is that clubs would not be too keen on their players being ‘touted’ by their agents.

Once this window closes agents will already be working on deals for January or indeed next summer. 

I am aware of agents talking to clubs about their clients who themselves are not aware that the conversations are happening. 

Clearly there is big money to be made by agents on large transfers but, those with lower profile players need a ‘ turnover ‘ to make a decent income.

11 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Only if there is a loan back,

I was also thinking about those moaning about selling our best players,

Where were we in the league with both Scott and semenyo in the side? Because it wasn't challenging for the play-offs, so keeping those 2 and not strengthening how does that suddenly make us promotion contenders....it doesn't,

You sacrifice 1 exceptional player and sign 3 or 4 great players with the cash and suddenly your team is alot better 

Yea, for the sake of getting a better team, certainly selling Scott and spending money on other players would be good. But 4 more players mean 3 more wages than now ( after seeling Scott ). I don't know if the staff will choose to invest a lot of that money into some better players.