IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, OliOTIB said:

As much as I rate that Maja comment I honestly don't believe that we saw the complete story behind that move - Donald was always going to come down on that agent after that series of events and how angry he was that Maja was just snatched away from him.

100%, it was obviously cut to make Sunderland look like they’d been “swindled” etc. But there is still truth to the situation.

Sometimes it’s the agents gunning for a move not the player. 

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

No. Great Uncle Bulgaria.

Tomsk Conway?

Re players getting a cut of the fee.  From memory it used to be 5%, then 2.5%…but reading online this seems to have disappeared and more like the agent gets a cut instead…but it all depends on the terms of the sale.  So, inconclusive answer I’m afraid.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

As soon as one club has a bid accepted then another club will bid that amount. At the moment wolves and Bournemouth are seeing what they can get away with paying. Would be weird if they didn’t do that 

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that. ?

My point is that you risk losing him to the other club if you dont just get the deal done.

We are also part of this and we’ve made it clear we want £25m. Whack down £25m if you really want him. Take out the others. Get the deal done. £5m here or there for a player of his ability is nothing to a PL club. If you really think he’s the real deal, do the deal. 

I’m actually surprised no one has just said ‘yep, we’ll have him. Here’s the cash.’ I think he’s that good. 

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

As soon as one club has a bid accepted then another club will bid that amount. At the moment wolves and Bournemouth are seeing what they can get away with paying. Would be weird if they didn’t do that 

My point is that you risk losing him to the other club if you dont just get the deal done.

We are also part of this and we’ve made it clear we want £25m. Whack down £25m if you really want him. Take out the others. Get the deal done. £5m here or there for a player of his ability is nothing to a PL club. If you really think he’s the real deal, do the deal. 

I’m actually surprised no one has just said ‘yep, we’ll have him. Here’s the cash.’ I think he’s that good. 

4 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

For the final time, it was never said that we would accept 25 million. It was 25 million at least. Lansdown said with lots of interest then that would drive the price up, and that's where we are now. 

25 million gets a club a seat at the table. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

For the final time, it was never said that we would accept 25 million. It was 25 million at least. Lansdown said with lots of interest then that would drive the price up, and that's where we are now. 

Let’s not kid ourselves. 25 will do it

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Given the attached information, Alex may elect to stay with us for another season. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1239478/Wolverhampton-named-fifth-WORST-city-planet.html

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I don’t really get what you mean. Say Wolves want to ‘get the deal done’ and bid £25m and offer Scott £40k per week.  City then tell the other clubs they have accepted £25m and Scott’s agent tells the other clubs they have offered him £40k a week which is acceptable. The other clubs then have a chance to offer the same.  So ‘getting the deal done’ doesn’t really exist.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

To be free fair you don’t really know that. It’s all a game and clubs say things all the time. I’m sure if someone bid £24m we would accept especially if it’s not in instalments 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So here’s a question then: a PL club offers £25m last month. They say ‘take it or leave it. We get the deal done now.’ We say ‘sorry, that only gets you a seat at the table.’ Have I got that right? 

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t really get what you mean. Say Wolves want to ‘get the deal done’ and bid £25m and offer Scott £40k per week.  City then tell the other clubs they have accepted £25m and Scott’s agent tells the other clubs they have offered him £40k a week which is acceptable. The other clubs then have a chance to offer the same.  So ‘getting the deal done’ doesn’t really exist.  

It does if you say ‘here’s £25m. Take it or leave it. We get the deal done now or we’re out. We’ll move elsewhere.’ 

We’d have to accept. Think about it:  AS is almost becoming too valuable for us to play in our team now. Imagine if he gets an ACL or another serious injury. His highest value, without gambling, is probably now.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

So here’s a question then: a PL club offers £25m last month. They say ‘take it or leave it. We get the deal done now.’ We say ‘sorry, that only gets you a seat at the table.’ Have I got that right? 

Landsdown was very clear that its 25 million plus and that more clubs interested means the price will be higher. 

When we get a 25 million bid, I'm sure our response will be "thanks, we'll get back to you" whilst we see if there is any clubs are willing to pay higher to gazump the club that's bid 25m.

There will be tens of people working on this deal and there will be lots of moving parts to it. What we can be assured of is that we have people at this club that will achieve the best outcome for Bristol City.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

It does if you say ‘here’s £25m. Take it or leave it. We get the deal done now or we’re out. We’ll move elsewhere.’ 

We’d have to accept. Think about it:  AS is almost becoming too valuable for us to play in our team now. Imagine if he gets an ACL or another serious injury. His highest value, without gambling, is probably now.  

What will happen in your scenario (assuming £25m meets the amount / terms required) is either:

- we say thanks, yes, let’s wrap it up (unlikely, Alex Scott is key to this decision)

- we say thanks, but we have other interested clubs, and we need Alex’s view on this (most likely)

- we reject it and try to get more (unlikely, they’ve met the asking amount / terms

- other variants on the above.

Depends who the club is too.

Alex played yesterday with a bid in.  We are playing this well.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Landsdown was very clear that its 25 million plus and that more clubs interested means the price will be higher. 

When we get a 25 million bid, I'm sure our response will be "thanks, we'll get back to you" whilst we see if there is any clubs are willing to pay higher to gazump the club that's bid 25m.

There will be tens of people working on this deal and there will be lots of moving parts to it. What we can be assured of is that we have people at this club that will achieve the best outcome for Bristol City.

He did indeed say that, but don’t forget it’s possible to have a bit of bravado when you’re on the radio.  So you’re only guessing what the internal value is, like us all.  He might’ve meant exactly that, but we don’t know whether that’s the current acceptable value…it might even be higher, who knows?  If it is £25m, someone might offer £24m with better payment terms, that might mean a compromise he’s willing to accept.

(edit: press / media are also reporting £25m, we don’t know if that’s because of said radio interview or because that is in fact the required amount)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

You make it sound like it takes an hour to get a deal done. Remember the agent is working everyone here to get the best deal for Scott.  If someone bids £25m then we would accept anyway but that club wouldn’t have an advantage in getting Scott unless nobody else bid £25m.  

• Like 1

Offers for players are so complex that I'm not sure 25m has any great meaning beyond a ballpark. How do you compare up front vs installments, add ons, sell ons etc - it may well be we end up with multiple bids which have a different "headline" value but the club considers roughly equal all things considered.

It's a balancing act with a lot of pieces. 

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 8
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He did indeed say that, but don’t forget it’s possible to have a bit of bravado when you’re on the radio.  So you’re only guessing what the internal value is, like us all.  He might’ve meant exactly that, but we don’t know whether that’s the current acceptable value…it might even be higher, who knows?  If it is £25m, someone might offer £24m with better payment terms, that might mean a compromise he’s willing to accept.

(edit: press / media are also reporting £25m, we don’t know if that’s because of said radio interview or because that is in fact the required amount)

The payment terms don't affect FFP, only cashflow, which thanks to SL isn'tan issue. £24m with better add-ons however might be considered...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, semblar said:

The payment terms don't affect FFP, only cashflow, which thanks to SL isn'tan issue. £24m with better add-ons however might be considered...?

I know!!!!

At this kind of fee, FFP becomes irrelevant for us anyway.

Cashflow isn’t an issue for us either, as you say.  Although SL would like us to be less reliant on him…so it’s possible it could be a factor.

But…..don’t forget, FFP and / or Cashflow might be a consideration for the bidding club?

• Like 2

Oh absolutely Dave! Two 25 million pound offers probably look completely different. 

I think there are some people (not you) that think there is some mythical process to buying a player when the reality is that its probably a series of phone calls with ongoing talks between clubs. This is a huge deal so the agents will be working very hard to push up the value of the deal. 

None of us really know how we as a club are conducting the negotiations. I don't know if when clubs are offering X amount if we are then saying "no we want X amount" or if we are saying "we have lots of interest in Alex so we don't find this proposal acceptable" I think this has a bit of a way to go yet but I hope it's resolved by the start of the season because psychologically I've already said goodbye to Alex. 

• Like 1

I know!!!!

At this kind of fee, FFP becomes irrelevant for us anyway.

Cashflow isn’t an issue for us either, as you say.  Although SL would like us to be less reliant on him…so it’s possible it could be a factor.

But…..don’t forget, FFP and / or Cashflow might be a consideration for the bidding club?

Might be a stupid question, but I am hopelessly uneducated on football financials/ffp ?.

Why would our ffp or cash flow be a consideration for the bidding club? 

I think we've all been missing something here.

If 2 clubs bid £25million for him, we accept BOTH offers and don't tell the other.  £50million just like that.  

It's simple really, I'm surprised no one else has thought about this ever in the whole history of football...

• Like 2
  • Haha 15