IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 minute ago, daored said:

Does anybody know what the £5 million add on we’re asking for actually would consist of? One of the panellist on podcast said it’s £25 million plus £5 million in add ons - I’d assumed we’d be looking for a future sell on percentage ?

I don’t think anyone knows whether there are any add-ons at all, let alone the amount, or what the construct might be!  It’s just guesswork / speculation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BLRed said:

Let’s not start detracting his value. It’s minimum £25mill to get a seat at the table plus additions, whether that is fees, or a player, plus sell on clauses

Bang on and what I and others have been saying ad nauseum. 20M doesn't get you through the door. Why is it so difficult for people to get their head around that. 

2 hours ago, daored said:

Does anybody know what the £5 million add on we’re asking for actually would consist of? One of the panellist on podcast said it’s £25 million plus £5 million in add ons - I’d assumed we’d be looking for a future sell on percentage ?

It's £1m for every 50 pages on this thread!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Would you except 20 mil from someone like Spurs, if they loaned him back to us for a season?

I'd accept 20 mil from anyone for anything.  Whether the club would is another thing and I don't think they should.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Bang on and what I and others have been saying ad nauseum. 20M doesn't get you through the door. Why is it so difficult for people to get their head around that. 

Practice and experience? :)

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Ahh the same pod that suggested we should be playing friendlies against foreign opposition, who play a completely different style of football to what we will be facing in the league.

And questioned why we don't play Premier league clubs in friendlies but failed to mention that Premier league clubs are all abroad playing each other and earning huge amounts of money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Today's BBC Gossip column says that Wolves are going to make a third and final offer. Sorry if this has been mentioned already 

Given where this rumour comes from (Givemesport), feels like a re-hash of previous rumours over the past few weeks, since their 2nd bid was rejected.

Ever since then, all the other rumours suggest that Wolves have FFP concerns still and so can’t afford Alex.

As things stand, can’t see him going there….

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think anyone knows whether there are any add-ons at all, let alone the amount, or what the construct might be!  It’s just guesswork / speculation.

It sounds like the numbers round on Countdown

1 big number

5m in whatever addons you like

• Like 1

Increasingly confident he’ll start the season here.

That “givemesport” article has a line in it that feels nonsense to me - it indicates bigger clubs are not paying £25m as he’s not a guaranteed starter. With respect, that’s nonsense. Big clubs in todays market go north of £20m for players who are just squad players - check Chelsea last season and even today Arsenal are rumoured to be paying £40m for Raya to act as sub goalkeeper.

Where the truth probably is on that is that Alex Scott doesn’t want to go somewhere and not play - he’s seen it with his England midfield partner. The bigger clubs may rate him, they may not - but Scott’s long held approach of wanting to play means that right now, his aims and the aims of probably the top 8-10 don’t align.

So, we’re in a position where it is the Wolves and Bournemouths of the world in the running. And I think he’s too sensible to want to go to the skipfire of the former, while the latter have gone quiet.

I think he’s here for half one of the season. If he then plays as we know he can, and establishes himself at England U21, then that alignment come January or next summer changes the equation for all parties.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

To begin with I thought Alex could do better than Wolves, and I still believe he can. However for us I'm starting to think Wolves may be a great move as if they get relegated then after a season of impressing in the Premier League he may quickly get another move back to the Premier League which will see us get a sell on fee. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

Hmmm - i would assume that bornmuff and wolves have spoken to his entourage and a) he would leave if the bid is accepted and b) he can agree terms (which probs are already done). It does feel like it’s got to be this week or never for wolves, as they will have to move some players in pretty urgently and certainly don’t have unlimited funds.  I have no inside info, but my take is it will happen this week, and that we have probably maximised his value by playing really hard ball. However I would love to see him here until Jan. 

We are 140 pages in now and for me 3 things have become clear:

1) City don't want to sell (hence the hardball) 

2) The sit down price before we consider a sale is £25M and nothing less will do (hence the hardball) 

3) Quite a few on here would have happily sold their brand new still in the box Corgi James Bond Aston Martin for a winning conker and 2 everlasting gob stoppers. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Typo alteration
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

It does feel like it’s got to be this week or never for wolves, as they will have to move some players in pretty urgently and certainly don’t have unlimited funds.

They also have to move players out including some Lopetegui doesn't want to lose. He said recently that they can't even afford their plan B now!

If that happens and he doesn't get Scott either I can see him walking.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They also have to move players out including some Lopetegui doesn't want to lose. He said recently that they can't even afford their plan B now!

If that happens and he doesn't get Scott either I can see him walking.

Makes you think why would a promising player like Scott want to go there?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Makes you think why would a promising player like Scott want to go there?

Not exactly a stable club is it? Their owners Fosun are being hit by the Chinese government restricting the movement of money out of the country also.

Lopetegui really wants Alex but their plan B was to sign young players in the £8m to £15m range so it's hard to see them meeting our valuation and payment terms. We will soon know I suppose.

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We are 140 pages in now and for me 3 things have become clear:

1) City don't want to sell (hence the hardball) 

2) The sit down price before we consider a sale is £25M and nothing less will do (hence the hardball) 

3) Quite a few on here would have happily sold their brand new still in the box Corgi James Bond Aston Martin for a winning conker and 2 everlasting gob stoppers. 

Great isn't it, City really showing ambition, not just words.

Time to "believe" 

COYRs

• Like 1