IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It's been repeated over and over again that any money made WILL NOT be reinvested in new players

I am amazed so many people continue to not understand this

I know what’s been said. However that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

Anyone from the club can say whatever they like to the press. Doesn’t mean it’ll reflect actual plans or intentions.

And despite what’s been so say declared when Scott is sold, I’d be more surprised if there weren’t incomings.

You have to remember that selling for big money will alert any clubs in advance if we were to start bidding.

Even if they were, I don't think it changes anything. If you're on the cusp of getting £20m +, why take the risk that the player injures himself?

If we were about to play someone who were on thr verge of signing Scott, common sense says we don't play him  but delay the deal a day or so, so he can't play for them either.

I'd be amazed if he's starting tomorrow, but if he does, I think it's a sign nothing is imminent. I could be wrong mind! ?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Are you Joking, NP clearly said Kalas HAS GONE

Assume you noticed that we have added players to our squad over the summer?

NP clearly said IM NOT GOING TO SAY DEFINITELY NOT 

He also say, contrary to your post, that we may look to add a goalkeeper.

It is also evident, contrary to your post, that we will sign if we sell Scott. Maybe one, maybe two. Who knows. But we will definitely sign.  

Jeez.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Then again, the club might have showed "ambition" by holding on the Scott.

However, if we then failed to gain promotion this season and 18 months down the road ended up selling him for £5, to avoid him running down his contract and leaving for nothing, the same fans would then accuse the club of gross mismanagement for not having  sold him at peak value of £25m!

Given the compensation is likely to be around £10m if he sees out his contract, we would not be forced to sell for £5m (presuming you meant £5m not a fiver ?next Summer.

I fully expect Alex to get called up to the U21s this season, regardless of whether he moves, and I barring a long term injury, I don't see why we would get any less than £20m next season, especially if he carried his pre-season more attacking gameplay into this season for us. He might even hold his value. If we got promoted his value would increase.

Just now, Ian M said:

Given the compensation is likely to be around £10m if he sees out his contract, we would not be forced to sell for £5m (presuming you meant £5m not a fiver ?next Summer.

I fully expect Alex to get called up to the U21s this season, regardless of whether he moves, and I barring a long term injury, I don't see why we would get any less than £20m next season, especially if he carried his pre-season more attacking gameplay into this season for us. He might even hold his value. When we get If we got promoted his value will would increase.

There! Fixed that for you Ian. ?

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I am absolutely amazed at the lack of understanding of some on here

Suck it up and prepare to be disappointed

What the hell are you talking about? Disappointed at what? I just was playing devils advocate. I’m very positive about where we are. 
Try reading instead of trying to play the know it all. 

**** me this place is hard work sometimes. 

Edited by Jose
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I fully expect Alex to get called up to the U21s this season, regardless of whether he moves, and I barring a long term injury, I don't see why we would get any less than £20m next season, especially if he carried his pre-season more attacking gameplay into this season for us. He might even hold his value. If we got promoted his value would increase.

I don't disagree Ian, and have previously posted that if Alex continues to progress then his value could/would increase.

My point was more that even If the club showed ambition by keeping him, but eventually had to sell him for far less than the current £25m, then those now criticising the club for wanting to sell him would then criticise it for not having sold him now at peak value.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, downendcity said:

My point was more that even If the club showed ambition by keeping him, but eventually had to sell him for far less than the current £25m, then those now criticising the club for wanting to sell him would then criticise it for not having sold him now at peak value.

Peak value at age 19? Surely not.

• Admin
46 minutes ago, James54De said:

It is also evident, contrary to your post, that we will sign if we sell Scott. Maybe one, maybe two. Who knows. But we will definitely sign.  

I know you have liked to troll me for many years now, so maybe you will listen to someone else that understands what is going on?

15 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

We already know we will not be signing other players, and that the money has already been spent. That is the harsh reality for a club that has a turnover that does not come close to covering the running costs or wage bills.

The below is open to interpretation, but if we look into what was said...

Anyway, I've said all I need to say now - enjoy the game tomorrow

NP clearly said IM NOT GOING TO SAY DEFINITELY NOT 

09:15 - 10:00

Q: "Is the door still open for Tomas Kalas, or are you now...."

NP: "Well if it is, it's a bit draughty, you know, I've not spoken to Tomas for weeks and I think that's something that is probably over now, err I'm not going to say definitely not, cause... because it's not something that's been discussed at all and we're not going to shift on the financial aspects of where we were with him and that was the reason it did not go ahead , I would think the probabilities are very low"

26:46 - 27:00

Q: "With Kalas potentially leaving

NP: "He has left"

Q: "Potentially coming back"

NP "There is no potentially"

He also say, contrary to your post, that we may look to add a goalkeeper.

19:40 - 21:10

Q: ... you said at the start of pre-season in terms of the goal keeper department you were going to have a look at it, Harvey and Stefan in terms of the number two, have you kind of made a decision with that and are you confident that your goal keeping department is strong enough for the campaign"?

A: It's an area that we might still look at, at some point, but and I think that I have explained this over the last week or so, that we are not now in a position where if we are going to bring somebody else in we are right on the limit in terms of how we have decided to structure our wages, and so it is something we might have to look at it, it's not a, it's not the priority. This is where we go back to the Alex Scott situation that if we sold him we are not going to then be able to then spend fortunes as that is not where we are as a football club now, we worked hard to get where we are now. We have an agreed ceiling for the wages, the wage bill. I think that it is important to verbalise so that our fanbase understand that too"

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I know you have liked to troll me for many years now, so maybe you will listen to someone else that understands what is going on?

NP: "Well if it is, it's a bit draughty, you know, I've not spoken to Tomas for weeks and I think that's something that is probably over now, err I'm not going to say definitely not, cause... because it's not something that's been discussed at all and we're not going to shift on the financial aspects of where we were with him and that was the reason it did not go ahead , I would think the probabilities are very low"

Q: ... you said at the start of pre-season in terms of the goal keeper department you were going to have a look at it, Harvey and Stefan in terms of the number two, have you kind of made a decision with that and are you confident that your goal keeping department is strong enough for the campaign"?

A: It's an area that we might still look at, at some point, but and I think that I have explained this over the last week or so, that we are not now in a position where if we are going to bring somebody else in we are right on the limit in terms of how we have decided to structure our wages, and so it is something we might have to look at it, it's not a, it's not the priority. This is where we go back to the Alex Scott situation that if we sold him we are not going to then be able to then spend fortunes as that is not where we are as a football club now, we worked hard to get where we are now. We have an agreed ceiling for the wages, the wage bill. I think that it is important to verbalise so that our fanbase understand that too"

I’ve never trolled anyone. I’ve become frustrated at the shite you often spout. Both quotes you’ve put in prove exactly my point; see highlighted. 

Hope you enjoy tomorrow too.

Edited by James54De
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

If we sell Scott we will definitely bring in 2 or 3 , nige is hardly going to advertise the fact we’re looking to bring players in, it’s all a bit smoke and mirrors.

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

we are not now in a position where if we are going to bring somebody else in we are right on the limit in terms of how we have decided to structure our wages, and so it is something we might have to look at it, it's not a, it's not the priority. This is where we go back to the Alex Scott situation that if we sold him we are not going to then be able to then spend fortunes as that is not where we are as a football club now, we worked hard to get where we are now. We have an agreed ceiling for the wages, the wage bill. I think that it is important to verbalise so that our fanbase understand that too"

I find it all rather depressing.