IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

plans can change. Pearson was hoping to keep Scott. And conways injury we’re short up front 

The club have decided on a budget to keep to . If they were to break that now then what was  the point in knocking £10m+ off the wage bill. I’m not saying we won’t get a player in , but we won’t be splashing big money because of the wages that go with it. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

With the change of manager at Wolves, it may have only left Bournemouth left interested and maybe took the best and only offer. Just a a thought! 

It was only bournmouth. If we've got what we wanted I'd say we've done exceptionally well. I'll also add that we've also done exceptionally badly at the same time.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Just now, petehinton said:

Pearson sounded pretty downbeat on RB then. Talked loads about how well they’ve recruited then Confirmed Scott medical, doesn’t know details of tbe deal, says he’ll have to wait to find out  

He sounded very annoyed, almost felt he wanted to say he knows as much as us! Interesting he didn’t deny wanting to now look at a striker and other plans in the market, he said it’s whether or not we can but he cannot comment right now. 

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He sounded very annoyed, almost felt he wanted to say he knows as much as us! Interesting he didn’t deny wanting to now look at a striker and other plans in the market, he said it’s whether or not we can but he cannot comment right now. 

Tbf he’s lost two of his best players in what he wants to be a promotion push. I’d personally be very surprised if we didn’t get replacements for both. 

its the last year of his deal and potentially his last ever season as a manager. He will want to give it as best a shot as possible. 

• Like 2

Trying not to be too bitter?  But it is hard to take, that after 40 or so years supporting Bristol City FC  .......we have now become merely a pheckin feeder club for Bournemouth.  So much for ambition ?  Ha!        Though maybe it is a crafty way of finally getting into the Prem? ......... by gradually replacing the entire B'mouth team with Bristol City players........instead of Bournemouth and Boscombe....it'll be Bournemouth and Bristol?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, petehinton said:

Tbf he’s lost two of his best players in what he wants to be a promotion push. I’d personally be very surprised if we didn’t get replacements for both. 

its the last year of his deal and potentially his last ever season as a manager. He will want to give it as best a shot as possible. 

Totally agree, when we’ve seen LJ being given so much luxury, 13 signings some seasons and £2M on Engvall’s of the world, it’s a crying shame we didn’t have Nige back then! He deserves to be backed. I am sure we can do something reasonably. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Trying not to be too bitter?  But it is hard to take, that after 40 or so years supporting Bristol City FC  .......we have now become merely a pheckin feeder club for Bournemouth.  So much for ambition ?  Ha!               y

You expect us to be able to turn down bids of over £20m? 

• Like 6

Just now, maxjak said:

Trying not to be too bitter?  But it is hard to take, that after 40 or so years supporting Bristol City FC  .......we have now become merely a pheckin feeder club for Bournemouth.  So much for ambition ?  Ha!               y

This is exactly how I feel about it right now. Totally understand that it’s the modern world/game and that players want to further their careers and play in the PL. Doesn’t make it any easier to accept that we keep losing players to a sh1tty little club like Bournemouth though.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

We like the majority have little choice but to sell when Premier League clubs come in. The money for the club and new wages for outgoing player is impossible to turn down.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 1

This thread has got embarrassing.  So what if he's gone to Bournemouth?  They are an established PL club, he's more likely to get game time than if he went to a "bigger" club, and he gets to show everyone what he can do against the best clubs in the country.  Very best of luck to Alex on the next stage of a hopefully glittering career

• Like 9

If the club have told Nige one thing then done another during the preparation for todays match then that just about sums up our top brass over the past few years. 

Feel sorry for the bloke he’s always been that one bit of bad luck from having some great success here. What a rubbish week coupled with Tommy’s hammy. Still, I trust nige to only replace these players with players that deserve it rather than LJs transfer policy of old. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Totally agree, when we’ve seen LJ being given so much luxury, 13 signings some seasons and £2M on Engvall’s of the world, it’s a crying shame we didn’t have Nige back then! He deserves to be backed. I am sure we can do something reasonably. 

LJ also lost his two best players just when a promotion push was going to determine whether he kept his job or not. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Pearson has said . We’re close to our ceiling height on wages. 

Depends on whether that statement takes into account offers on the table. Alex had one, as well as Kalas.

That coud easily be £20kpw-£30kpw budgeted free up, assuming latter isnt signing the former now no longer needed with AS leaving.

12 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Don't think we have cash flow issues so not sure this is relevant for ffp calcs?

Not that I'm aware of - time of deal dictates FFP impact - recognised at transfer for the total deal amount (so if £20m up front and £5m over 3 years, its just recognised at £25m point of transfer) - i.e. £8m for Bryan hit the books 18-19 season. Although anyone can feel free to correct me as not 100% certain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

LJ also lost his two best players just when a promotion push was going to determine whether he kept his job or not. 

LJ forced that on himself with the overspending from the "Clubs in Bag" Approach. He agreed to the strategy with MA at the end of the day.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, CosmosUK said:

If the club have told Nige one thing then done another during the preparation for todays match then that just about sums up our top brass over the past few years. 

Feel sorry for the bloke he’s always been that one bit of bad luck from having some great success here. What a rubbish week coupled with Tommy’s hammy. Still, I trust nige to only replace these players with players that deserve it rather than LJs transfer policy of old. 

James Piercy had just released this. Similar to his interview on the radio, but seems more agitated. I’ve said it before but I really don’t think the board are that enamoured with Nigel. LJ got everything he wanted let’s be honest and made a mess 

873B82FE-A327-4B90-A6E4-48E604218A8A.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Football aside, the Bournemouth area has to be a bit nicer for AS to live in than Wolverhampton. Just my opinion having been to both places.

About the ambition thing, it just comes down to maths and making gradual progress.

We will judge this better at the end of the season.

Closer to home as well - can't begrudge him that aspect.

Just a shame that someone such as Brighton or Palace didn't come in for him; Bournemouth for me could either be a fantastic move or all go pear shaped under Iroala. There's always risk.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Depends on whether that statement takes into account offers on the table. Alex had one, as well as Kalas.

That coud easily be £20kpw-£30kpw budgeted free up, assuming latter isnt signing the former now no longer needed with AS leaving.

Not that I'm aware of - time of deal dictates FFP impact - recognised at transfer for the total deal amount (so if £20m up front and £5m over 3 years, its just recognised at £25m point of transfer) - i.e. £8m for Bryan hit the books 18-19 season. Although anyone can feel free to correct me as not 100% certain.

Tbf they’re not going to put wages on a budget for contracts that haven’t been signed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

LJ forced that on himself with the overspending from the "Clubs in Bag" Approach. He agreed to the strategy with MA at the end of the day.

We neither of us know what goes on behind the scenes, but I’d wager money on the fact that LJ didn’t agree to whatever ‘strategy’ resulted in those sales. 

He bought into the fact that we had to sell, of course, but not at all costs. We had no plan b in place for either of those departures and it cost us dear. 

2 minutes ago, CosmosUK said:

To be fair we don’t know what’s gone on , Will all be clearer in next day or two , Nige sounds pissed off but that does not mean either he’s been stitched up or we haven’t got what we want, everyone guessing at this stage 

Same thing with signings just because he’s saying needs to see what can be done ( wages etc ) doesn’t mean much , maybe not earning a fortune but Scott’s wages gone now , let’s wait and see 

• Like 1