IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

Whilst it's sad to see him leave, I think we're realistic to accept his was inevitable given the media noise and how well he's done. Fair play to him and Bournemouth - they'll have a fantastic player.

Had he not gone this window, then the clock starts ticking and we risk the value we could've got starting to reduce - other clubs know this as well (yes he could improve with us this season and value increase -maybe - but he could also get a season ending injury - there are so many variables to consider).   There's no guarantee he'd have signed a new contract either plus if we block this move, we risk an unhappy player (and potentially Agent, which is far worse!!!!). Clubs will know that as well and potentially low ball us in future.

We aren't a tin pot club for letting him leave (for the right money or the best we could get). We have to think of the future (financially).

The reality is whilst we're in a lower Division, we do risk teams above us cherry picking our best players. We do the same to teams below us. And whilst there is crazy money in the PL it makes it easier for teams abouve us to attract players to move.

Best wishes for the future Alex.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jiggers58 said:

Have I missed something in respect of this? Has he said that his deal won’t be extended?

Well, it's obvious isn't it?

From reading a number of threads currently Pearson is "fuming" at the news that the club has ( allegedly) accepted a bid lower than the much lauded £25m. He's been "dumped" on by the owner, who obviously hasn't kept NP in the loop. Also, according to OTIB, it would appear that NP was banking on Scott being here this season, so is not happy that he looks like going, this despite NP having previously said he has a plan for Scott leaving and one should he stay.

Also according to OTIB posts, SL doesn't like/get on with etc. etc. NP and because of this will not let NP have any of the Scott transfer funds for reinforcements. This is because ( again according to OTIB) SL is just a beancounter and Scott's transfer money will save SL having to dip into his own pockets to keep covering losses - Scott's transfer fee being only small change to a wealthy guy like SL!

With all of this I see no way that Pearson will want to stay any longer than he has to!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

There should be no change in philosophy, that’s been set by Tinnion. That’s the point of having a DOF/Sporting Director like him. He sets the style (within reason), and then a manager/HC comes in who fits that. Not rip it up and start all over again whenever we change managers like in the past 

we live in hope. but this is BCFC and nothing surprises me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

From reading a number of threads currently Pearson is "fuming" at the news that the club has ( allegedly) accepted a bid lower than the much lauded £25m. He's been "dumped" on by the owner, who obviously hasn't kept NP in the loop. Also, according to OTIB, it would appear that NP was banking on Scott being here this season, so is not happy that he looks like going, this despite NP having previously said he has a plan for Scott leaving and one should he stay.

Yes, plan B  "If Scott goes, so do I"  !

11 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

we live in hope. but this is BCFC and nothing surprises me.

Yes, and no doubt tinnion has his parameters laid out by the owner in terms of bringjng youth players through, and then we will sell them as soon as they are good enough and reinvest the proceeds in new signings who arent as good.. and rinse and repeat.

38 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

So, while disappointed that he is inevitably leaving. Some thoughts.

1. There may be other clubs come in now for him, triggered by the first acceptable bid from Bournemouth.
  2. No doubt, this is a step backward, but as others have said, this money is important to the survival of BCFC and our ability to be financially sustainable.
  3. This is Pearson's last season, on his current deal. We also need to bear in mind that a new manager with a new philosophy will be coming in at the end of the year. I'm hoping that we're a properly managed football club these days, and we have a plan for this. 

Point 1 is conjecture. Points 2&3 we know about - any sensible owner would be aware of our risks and have mitigation plans in place. But this is Steve's club and he does what he likes.

With Spurs having agreed a fee for Kane then maybe a small possibility they may come in for Scott. Obviously not as a replacement but they'll have money to spend now.

• Haha 1

Just now, Simon bristol said:

Yes, and no doubt tinnion has his parameters laid out by the owner in terms of bringjng youth players through, and then we will sell them as soon as they are good enough and reinvest the proceeds in new signings who arent as good.. and rinse and repeat.

Of course we are not going to be able to sign players that are as good as Scott or have the potential that Scott has. But what we can do is use the money to strengthen the squad so overall we are better. Just as we did with the Semenyo money. I don't miss Semenyo one little bit because I feel we are now much stronger having used the money on 6 players. 

15 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Also according to OTIB posts, SL doesn't like/get on with etc. etc. NP and because of this will not let NP have any of the Scott transfer funds for reinforcements. This is because ( again according to OTIB) SL is just a beancounter and Scott's transfer money will save SL having to dip into his own pockets to keep covering losses - Scott's transfer fee being only small change to a wealthy guy like SL!

With all of this I see no way that Pearson will want to stay any longer than he has to!

As you say, all of this is only true if OTIB speculation is correct. Either way though, Pearson is obviously going to want the team to compete for the play-offs this season as it increases his chances of a new deal (and his negotiating hand if he is offered one) and/or enables him to leave with his reputation enhanced. 

I have got nothing to say, really, apart from that the club has given him permission,” Pearson said. “Outside of that I’ve got no comment. I couldn’t give you the details… I knew (about the bid) today. And that’s it, I’m not saying anymore.”

When pushed further, he added: “I’d been planning to keep him. It’s nothing to do with me. It’s a club decision. I’m disappointed because we’ve got a better chance of being successful if we keep our best players so that’s where I sit on it.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

I have got nothing to say, really, apart from that the club has given him permission,” Pearson said. “Outside of that I’ve got no comment. I couldn’t give you the details… I knew (about the bid) today. And that’s it, I’m not saying anymore.”

When pushed further, he added: “I’d been planning to keep him. It’s nothing to do with me. It’s a club decision. I’m disappointed because we’ve got a better chance of being successful if we keep our best players so that’s where I sit on it.”

Understansably disapointed but surely his footballing experience knows this happens a lot and to prepare for things like this.  I'm sure that he and the team have various scenarios for planning a replacement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

Why? If he plays well in the PL in a struggling team (assuming they struggle), another PL team could come in for him and he uses Bournemouth as a stepping stone in his career - whilst learning his trade and getting better money.

Would rather see him in a City shirt in the Premiership. IMO it’s another top player being sold. Think SL is happy in the Championship until he sells up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Understansably disapointed but surely his footballing experience knows this happens a lot and to prepare for things like this.  I'm sure that he and the team have various scenarios for planning a replacement.

yes but you can still be disappointed…doesn't matter how many times it happens, if you expected it all along…

Doesn't matter how much you prepare yourself for it to happen…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Would rather see him in a City shirt in the Premiership. IMO it’s another top player being sold. Think SL is happy in the Championship until he sells up. 

He'd find it a hell of a lot easier to sell the club if it was in the Premier League though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

On that aspect you are completely wrong. When it comes to commanding your box the most important thing is that defenders know what you are going to do. I have it on the best authority that the defenders all preferred to play with Max rather than Bentley last season because they knew when he was coming and when he was staying.

No good coming if your gonna miss the bloody ball.

He is simply not good enough

• Haha 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

I would say how the club reacts from this sale will reflect how much SL wants to progress

It's clear there won't be an open wallet to spend, but I hope he's not landed the club in a mess by agreeing to this sale

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Of course, I mean if any of us were in the Championship and ploughing in £30m+ a year without any hope of ever getting any of the money back, I am sure we would all be happy too. :facepalm:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Yea because he's making hundreds of millions being in the championship......what's he spent no 150 million with 0 return on his investment......

I'm sure he wants to sell the club for 90 million the championship, instead of 300 million in the prem as well........

• Like 1