IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

How do you pass a medical with a knee injury?
As simple as knowing the knee in injured, assessing it as best you can alongside doing all the other feasible medical checks?

I’d say so, if it was ACL or something serious no chance it’d go through and the medical would pick up any underlying issues / weakness. Probably just bruising or similar 

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Fans shouldnt take what pearson says too literally.

If he says we want x price - he's aways going to quote a higher price than we are willing to accept

Basic rule of negotiation, when selling, start high.

And Pearson saying we cant spend...... We have just sold a player for big money and clubs are going to know and ask for bigger money.

Another negotiation tactic - saying we arent able to spend much - lower the hype.

I fully expect we've got the deal we wanted and i fully expect us to sign 2 or 3 players for 1m-4m each.

You're on the wrong forum mate,  you're making rational statements!

• Haha 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hopefully the add-ons will be relatively easy to achieve.

£1m on Bournemouth winning the PL

£1m on Bournemouth winning the CL

£1m on Bournemouth winning the WCC

£1m on Alex getting called up to the Brazil squad

£1m on Alex winning the Ballon D’Or

• Haha 6
  • Flames 1

Fabrizio'd.

20 million, 5 million in add-ons (hopefully achievable add ons, we may never know the ins and outs). That's a LOT of money for our club.

Good luck Alex. Seemed a good kid.

If we play Bournemouth in our impending League Cup run, have a stinker for us son.

?⚪

• Like 1

Alex Scott may turn out to be a £100m player in a few years.  Equally, had we kept him, he could have got a major injury and ended up worth next to nothing.  He may also not have improved as much as people expect, so a deal worth £25m is pretty good for all parties I think even though I would have loved to see him stay.

Let's hope that the money is spent wisely on players who will significantly improve the sqad rather than bring in players who are no better than what we have as has been done in the past.

We really need a centre back, midfielder and a striker before the window closes but I doubt we will get all three.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Bournemouth signing him injured, knee injury going to keep him out for weeks. That’s the conspiracy over then. 

Fair play to the club. £25m, they got what they said they would. 5 year deal for Alex. ******* fair play to the lad. 

The £25m yes and no, all depends what the add-ons are and how achievable they are.