IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

21 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Genius transfers.

Semenyo & Scott: cost us nothing

Sold for £35,000,000.

Sold to a Premiership bottom feeder and if either do even slightly well they'll leave within 12 months and City will benefit hugely.

Win/Win

Makes it slightly easier to take.. If he went straight to that “top side” the likelihood of a sell on would be lower.. but at a club like Bournemouth.. if he is the real deal.. that big club will come in and we get more money down the line ?‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Ordinary maybe but at the time of signing our players at a higher level than us and able to offer a significant wage increase. Whilst not all players are lured by money the overwhelming majority want to play at the highest level. Our failure to keep them was not down to our standing as a club, but to our standing in the league pyramid, which like it or not they were part of. That's how it goes. We enjoy the players while we have them and as they move on so do we. 

Quite agree. same method as ourselves buying Atkinson,Sykes,Mehmeti for example

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Ordinary maybe but at the time of signing our players at a higher level than us and able to offer a significant wage increase. Whilst not all players are lured by money the overwhelming majority want to play at the highest level. Our failure to keep them was not down to our standing as a club, but to our standing in the league pyramid, which like it or not they were part of. That's how it goes. We enjoy the players while we have them and as they move on so do we. 

Yeah but at the same time.. I feel his point is linked to the fact that (and I know that there are so many factors that go into it.. luck to to a certain extent) we, who view our selves as decent sized club with a good backing.. (15-25k weekly for the last couple decades) have not played a single game in the PL.

Others like PNE would feel similar I’d imagine but can’t think of loads of clubs our side that haven’t been up at least once to the Prem.

but maybe there are loads and I just see city as the next big thing.. i always have ?

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Was he that good? Just saying…….no goals…:rare assist, lovely pirouette, great deal! 

Way too good for us sadly. You also have to consider that from the age of 17 we have relied heavily on him. Adapted to right wing back and played in pretty ordinary City sides since his debut.

He’s different class. He’s clearly benefited from first team football at champ level but he’s outgrown this level now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Genius transfers.

Semenyo & Scott: cost us nothing

Sold for £35,000,000.

Sold to a Premiership bottom feeder and if either do even slightly well they'll leave within 12 months and City will benefit hugely.

Win/Win

Thanks also to Lee Johnson for pushing the academy upgrade and training facilities upgrade to attract and develop the youngsters, something Pearson inherited with little acknowledgment 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/alex-scott-transfer-bristol-bellingham-8091568.amp

Edited by Fred89
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, redsontour said:

Scottie could, of course, break our 2nd highest transfer record in the future as well …because there is not a cat in hells chance that there isn’t a sell on clause of at least 20% in this deal, that’s standard now. 

Bournemouth fan's shouldn't be too smug, as i believe they will be going through exactly what we are presently experiencing.........in the next 18 months to 2 years?  Once he proves how capable he is in the Prem, he will be stepping up to the next level at a top 6 club or even abroad?  Methinks.

5 hours ago, redsontour said:

Scottie could, of course, break our 2nd highest transfer record in the future as well …because there is not a cat in hells chance that there isn’t a sell on clause of at least 20% in this deal, that’s standard now. 

15 percent of profit would be my best bet but who knows.

20 percent or above isn't all that common but then Scott is an exceptional talent.

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Honestly do you think Webster, Brownhill, Kelly, Semenyo and now It seems Scott could have been kept once Premier League interest comes in. We can not pay the wages that are on offer and making them stay devalues them possibly to zero if they get the footballing equivalent of the hump and run out their contract like Massengo. 

Brentford is the model City are now effectively following and have been for a while. The problem we had was LJ would spend all the money coming in on clubs in the bag, unfortunately there were nearly all Top Flights with the occasional Callaway. 

Pearson is clearly a little miffed that Scott is seemingly on his way, (with two years left) but he will get over it, he did at Leicester. 

The difference now is we have actually a way of doing things, we are not just talking about DNA. AD had years to develop a side, Pearson has had a whole lot less time, but we continue to bring through players as above, it’s just a matter of spending it well

I said to someone who used to post on OTIB a while back, that SL is a bit of a Football Club Model Magpie….ooh, ooh, shiny object….Brighton Model, then Brentford model…looks like he now has Luton’s model in his sights!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

Makes it slightly easier to take.. If he went straight to that “top side” the likelihood of a sell on would be lower.. but at a club like Bournemouth.. if he is the real deal.. that big club will come in and we get more money down the line ?‍♂️

Strangely I think it would make it easier if he went to a ‘top side’ from a fan perspective. Yes we’re more likely to benefit from a sell on fee with Bournemouth but wouldn’t it be nice to see one of our own go on and succeed with the big boys? The lower prem teams aren’t that much of a step up in reality and we all know Alex could go all the way. 

Gets kinda boring being a feeder club for Bournemouth/Villa etc 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Agreed. Behaved far more professionally than say, Famara, who appeared to goon strike for a month. 

A month???? ???

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Harry Seacombe, Michael Bentine and Spike Milligan were well pissed off with him for that, I can tell you.

That was a potty time for weird comedy! ?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Sorry Monkeh I agree with the post but the use of “of” when you mean “have” triggers me. I can cope with it once in a post but it’s driving me mental here!

Ha. It triggers me a bit too :). But it's definitely not as triggering as 'draw' when the poster means 'drawer'. Get me though, because for my first 45 years (at least), I thought 'remuneration' was 'renumeration'. In other words, I'm not best placed to point out spelling mistakes, or grammatical errors, as I barely get by myself