IGNORED

Billy Bragg tattoo

The Saturday Boy

Hi all, in December I'll be seeing Billy for the 50th time since 1984. I want to get a BB themed tattoo to mark the occasion but stumped for ideas. I don't want song titles as my favourites change - albeit with a few permanent top 10 tracks. Anyone got any ideas what I could have??

Cheers Andrew, The Saturday Boy!

I've already got 9 tattoos so quite used to them!

Edited by The Saturday Boy

15 hours ago, The Saturday Boy said:

Hi all, in December I'll be seeing Billy for the 50th time since 1984. I want to get a BB themed tattoo to mark the occasion but stumped for ideas. I don't want song titles as my favourites change - albeit with a few permanent top 10 tracks. Anyone got any ideas what I could have??

Cheers Andrew, The Saturday Boy!

I've already got 9 tattoos so quite used to them!

Was the first time the Miners benefit gig in 84 at Trinity with Brilliant Corners and Redskins?

5 hours ago, southside said:

Was the first time the Miners benefit gig in 84 at Trinity with Brilliant Corners and Redskins?

true fact - i have in my possession a Fender telecaster guitar owned by Chris from the Redskins and given to him by Joe Strummer.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Mad magazine. That takes me back to my schooldays! Is it still going?

I think so, not seen it for years and I think it did stop for a while. I have to look now. ?

EDIT

Looks like I was wrong , just moved online instead of in shops. Still going today and Alfred E Neuman has hardley changed at all . 

https://www.madmagazine.com/

Edited by 1960maaan

1 hour ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Know he did a bit of skating.

But what did he do after the Redskins? 

not a lot, moved to Paris, attempted a couple of failed bands - P-Mod and also The Crystallittes, started to write a book, but suffered MH issues and retreated to York.

He keeps a low profile these days.

Martin Hewes bassist from the Redskins has done a bit of publicity off the back of the re-issue of Neither Washington Nor Moscow  and had a bit of a go at Chris. which is sad to see,

• Like 1