IGNORED

Pitch condition

Denbury Red

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am sure there was some reference to having to be 4 games at the first teams ground this season - hence them playing at AG8 at the end of this season

That sounds about right.

Would it be more important that the pitch has enough rest days than the number of times its ultimately played on? I'm not a fan of Friday rugby, Saturday football. Certainly a few Friday, Saturday, Sunday streaks would ruin the surface no matter how good it is? It's asking a bit much to factor this in to three organisations fixture planning though, so I guess we'll be upgrading to a more robust pitch, maybe at the sacrifice of a top playing surface though?

Any groundstaff willing to shed some light on the subject?

• Admin
57 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

That sounds about right.

Would it be more important that the pitch has enough rest days than the number of times its ultimately played on? I'm not a fan of Friday rugby, Saturday football. Certainly a few Friday, Saturday, Sunday streaks would ruin the surface no matter how good it is? It's asking a bit much to factor this in to three organisations fixture planning though, so I guess we'll be upgrading to a more robust pitch, maybe at the sacrifice of a top playing surface though?

Any groundstaff willing to shed some light on the subject?

The other thing the WSL is shown on BBC and SKY over Friday, Saturday and Sundays at various kick off times 

I'd assume the best scenario would be to have the men and women playing at home the same weekend 

26 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Now that City have announced that Bristol City Women will play all their WSL matches at Ashton Gate next season this summers re-lay of the pitch becomes more important. It's going to get a battering next season with the Bears, City and the Women playing on it. 

Comes at a cost as well I expect, Its going to be a challenge for ground staff next season that's not including extra cup games if theses teams do well in cup competitions.

15 hours ago, Street red said:

Comes at a cost as well I expect, Its going to be a challenge for ground staff next season that's not including extra cup games if theses teams do well in cup competitions.

Challenge to get staff as well I would think, for some it would mean working a 7 day week I would imagine. Yes everyone could do with money but people need a break too. I am thinking of stewards, security, hospitality, ticketing, cleaning staff etc. The normally 'unseen' ones that make it all happen.

• Like 1

I see Bristol city women’s team will be playing all home games at the gate next season.

can’t see this being any good for the pitch next season.

it’s already looking very worn out with the men’s and rugby games.

city grounds staff will have their work cut out and I can’t see it helping much with our home games, it’s looked particularly worn this season and there’s been a few games with players slipping at times.

There have been a few U23 games played at Ashton this season rather than the HPC. I’d imagine all will revert to the HPC and the net increase in games won’t be as dramatic as feared - league for the Women I think is 11 home games so not overly concerned here, it’s the Rugby that’s the main issue!

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There have been a few U23 games played at Ashton this season rather than the HPC. I’d imagine all will revert to the HPC and the net increase in games won’t be as dramatic as feared - league for the Women I think is 11 home games so not overly concerned here, it’s the Rugby that’s the main issue!

The U21’s have to play 4 games at AG a season. Only reason they have played all their recent games at AG is because they’ve played all their previous games at the HPC. 

• Like 1