IGNORED

COLIN

24 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Thought Huddersfield were terrible when we played them both times, credit where it’s due Warnock has turned them around. Relegation battle looks very interesting now, we interestingly finish the season against QPR

Our last game could have an awful lot riding on it……for QPR 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Thought Huddersfield were terrible when we played them both times, credit where it’s due Warnock has turned them around. Relegation battle looks very interesting now, we interestingly finish the season against QPR

A good mate follows them everywhere and his partner is a City season ticket holder. Then chatting to my Brother in Law the other day, also QPR , he's dreading playing us last day. 
I hope they stay up, but I looked at their run in and I can't see where they get their next point.

On 01/04/2023 at 20:53, Robbored said:

Absolutely right.  

In terms of being the pantomime villain Colin is way and above the rest but if we’re all willing to be honest I reckon most of us would admit that we have a soft spot for him.

Personally I'm not one of them. Simply cannot stand the way he willingly kills off any game as a spectacle. Respect for the turnaround at Huddersfield, but really won't shed a tear when he finally gives it up for good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Personally I'm not one of them. Simply cannot stand the way he willingly kills off any game as a spectacle. Respect for the turnaround at Huddersfield, but really won't shed a tear when he finally gives it up for good.

I’m conflicted. Can’t stand the bloke but happy to see Huddersfield being turned round. Even I can’t deny he has a way of doing this, the nasty old sod.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

His teams are dirty as well. The challenges on James and Scott in the recent game were shocking. The one on James was a leg breaker and a ref with any guts would have brandished a red card. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Defying gravity- this really is the great escape . Even Colin said he didn't think it was possible.

He’s says a lot of things that he doesn’t necessarily believe to be true. Sometimes to relieve the pressure on his players, sometimes to put pressure on the opposition players and sometimes just because he’s Neil Warnock. At least what he says is understandable, even if you don’t agree with it. Unlike the psychobabble that some managers use 

• Like 3

NW is a winner, always has been, always will be. He's the manager opposition fans despise, but every club he's been at, the fans warm to him. 

I don't doubt many fans would have never wanted him here, but had he come here, and kept us up when in trouble, or got us up when the times were good, the fans would chant his name for years to come.

After a couple of not so impressive stints, I am pleased that he appears to be pulling off mission impossible at Huddersfield, it's definitely a more apt way for his curtain to come down.

I fall into the camp of, I would have liked to have seen him here. Not so much now, but possibly when Lee Johnson left. I just feel if anyone would have got us to the promised land, it would have probably been him. 

• Like 8

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Sending players on to the pitch for the sole purpose of assaulting the opposition does not deserve any affection. He's a vile, vile cheat. 

If that were true, which I doubt, that’s a reflection of the players not the Manager, they should have the character to play fair.

10 hours ago, pongo88 said:

He’s says a lot of things that he doesn’t necessarily believe to be true. Sometimes to relieve the pressure on his players, sometimes to put pressure on the opposition players and sometimes just because he’s Neil Warnock. At least what he says is understandable, even if you don’t agree with it. Unlike the psychobabble that some managers use 

I've said before, as an opposition manager I have hated him and some of the things his teams get up to. But there was a period he was not Managing but working on talksport. He was great, humble , interesting and intelligent with comments and explanations. Came across as a genuinely decent guy, much different to the one who always gets results for teams. Like him or hate him, you can't deny he gets results. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Good old Colin. Winding all the right people up. He's the most successful Championship Manager in its History and some still refuse to give him his due. I would never have wanted him Manager here, but I respect the Guy and FWIW he is a great bloke I think.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

In fairness they beat Boro 4-2 and just won 3-2 away at Watford, didn’t see either but I’m sure they were decent spectacles! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Sending players on to the pitch for the sole purpose of assaulting the opposition does not deserve any affection. He's a vile, vile cheat. 

That's some accusation you make there. Something that was investigated and he was cleared of, so do you know better than those who looked into it, or are you making more personal remarks about people .......

• Like 2

he is the epitome of the old school Manager that will get short term results through fear and intimidation. Long term those same techniques breed resentment and dissent, that's why he doesn't last in jobs anymore.

I've said it before and stand by the statement that if he came anywhere near this club I would return my season ticket and never go again, if I wanted to see animals I would go to the zoo.

I can't stand his philosophy, style or the teams he manages, but if he keeps Huddersfield up at the expense of Reading/QPR/Cardiff, he will have my gratitude for a day or so at least.

• Like 4

Just now, Percy Pig said:

Then don't read my posts. I literally couldn't care less about your opinion of me, I don't think I've ever communicated with you, nothing you've ever said has been memorable that's for certain. 

What a strange person. 

Strange people are those who attack people for NO REASON, make out they know everything like you! Plus throw outlandish accusations around about people they don't know! 

After you called me a cock before, you made one hell of an enemy, and I won't stop pointing out your bully boy attitude until you're banned from this site, or until you stop attacking posters and bullying!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

A good mate follows them everywhere and his partner is a City season ticket holder. Then chatting to my Brother in Law the other day, also QPR , he's dreading playing us last day. 
I hope they stay up, but I looked at their run in and I can't see where they get their next point.

I was invited by some friends who are QPR season ticket holders for a bit of a day out with them on the last day HOWEVER that invite has being played down now a little! (:laugh:) For my mates sake I hope Rangers survive, but that game could be nuts. 

I was reliably informed that QPR have not committed to how many away fans will be allowed. Typically we get upper and lower tiers of the away end, this time maybe not. 

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I was invited by some friends who are QPR season ticket holders for a bit of a day out with them on the last day HOWEVER that invite has being played down now a little! (:laugh:) For my mates sake I hope Rangers survive, but that game could be nuts. 

I was reliably informed that QPR have not committed to how many away fans will be allowed. Typically we get upper and lower tiers of the away end, this time maybe not. 

If there’s a lot riding on it (highly likely), I think (sadly) that we will only get the top tier….think that’s only around 1,200 tickets

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I've said before, as an opposition manager I have hated him and some of the things his teams get up to. But there was a period he was not Managing but working on talksport. He was great, humble , interesting and intelligent with comments and explanations. Came across as a genuinely decent guy, much different to the one who always gets results for teams. Like him or hate him, you can't deny he gets results. 

He was fantastic on talksport for all the reasons you stated. Simply a person who loves football and didn't take himself seriously at all either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

If there’s a lot riding on it (highly likely), I think (sadly) that we will only get the top tier….think that’s only around 1,200 tickets

I usually wait until the bottom tier goes on sale, if they need point to stay up there is no way we get it.
Went in one of their pubs last time, very friendly before and after even though we won. Not sure I'd be welcome back if we relegate them.

2 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

I personally take my hat of to him. How he turns teams around (irrespective of the manner that they play and how they win)....is impressive. 

Yep- I think if you're a fan of a club that seems certain for relegation then it really doesn't matter to you how you stay up- just that you do.