IGNORED

The difference with Pearson - Reaction

marcofisher

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Harsh I know but King having to come on for Taylor-Clarke after 20 minutes made a big difference.

Suddenly we looked like we had the same number of players as them, King isn’t eye catching but does the simple stuff very well.

It helps that him and MJ know each others` games inside out IMO.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Harsh I know but King having to come on for Taylor-Clarke after 20 minutes made a big difference.

Suddenly we looked like we had the same number of players as them, King isn’t eye catching but does the simple stuff very well.

Agreed. And it's no slight on OTC - he's learning the game and would ordinarily be still building up to making the matchday squad. There's no indication that coming in early has dented his confidence, so it's all free beer as far as I'm concerned.

King and James might not be mobile, but they know how to treat the ball, and if you watch them, you see they look around to see what's going to be on before they receive the ball.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Agreed. And it's no slight on OTC - he's learning the game and would ordinarily be still building up to making the matchday squad. There's no indication that coming in early has dented his confidence, so it's all free beer as far as I'm concerned.

King and James might not be mobile, but they know how to treat the ball, and if you watch them, you see they look around to see what's going to be on before they receive the ball.

James is some player, that pass for Weimann’s header first half was sublime.

So important to us, we’re a far better side when he’s available to play.

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

From when King came on we played very well. Both Wells and Weimann could have done a lot better. Bell was making there right sided full back look as if he was treading water, so they changed a few things around to stop him, which I suspect cost them somewhere else.

Anyhow Second half we were different gravy. 

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

When he’s available is the problem at his age,I trust Nige has targets to replace him in the summer because he will be a another year older and will be playing less games 

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably a bit like Brownhill before he left.

He wasn't at his peak level, and we thought we had got a great deal from Burnley, but boy did we miss him, and that ability to break through the forward line with his runs.

Scott has the potential to do that (WBA Cup game), but still doesn't really get in behind like Josh did.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When he’s available is the problem at his age,I trust Nige has targets to replace him in the summer because he will be a another year older and will be playing less games 

He’s 31.

It’s nothing to do with his age, he’s had a lot of injuries in his career.

Personally I accept he’s a 35 games a season player, but he’s criminally underrated by some.

I actually recall one certain poster describing him as “mediocre” absolutely clueless.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This. Like many before him (Skuse, Cisse) you don`t notice him when he plays but you definitely do when he doesn`t.

You can add Lee Johnson to that list as well. Not taking the mick either, he was a far better and influential player for us, than many gave him credit for. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He’s 31.

Personally I accept he’s a 35 games a season player, but he’s criminally underrated by some.

I actually recall one certain poster describing him as “mediocre” absolutely clueless.

The longer he goes on his games will reduce was my point which is age related because his body isn’t up to it now and isn’t going to get better,totally agree with people not noticing what he does tho when available 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The longer he goes on his games will reduce was my point which is age related because his body isn’t up to it now and isn’t going to get better,totally agree with people not noticing what he does tho when available 

I think both James & Nigel are astute and experienced enough to manage the number of games the James plays. 

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s 31.

Love to see a points won with James v without him.  One of first names on team sheet for me.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s 31.

Didn`t some other clown describe him as a slug earlier this season on here?

I was just starting to get frustrated with Bell early second half when he then had a few good moments culminating in a cracking cross for the goal. Reassuring that he played himself back into the game after looking a bit flaky. 

Edit - wrong thread! Duh....

Edited by mozo

17 minutes ago, mozo said:

I was just starting to get frustrated with Bell early second half when he then had a few good moments culminating in a cracking cross for the goal. Reassuring that he played himself back into the game after looking a bit flaky. 

The thing that I'm noticing with the good youngsters in our squad is that their heads don't drop because of a mistake. They have either had that sort of reaction from birth or is implanted by the coaching staff by encouraging them to leave the past where it is and look to their future.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Love to see a points won with James v without him.  One of first names on team sheet for me.

This season:

With (28 games): 1.36 points per game

Without (12 games): 1.16 points per game

So approx 9 points extra over a full season (if the only difference was MJ playing vs not playing, which obviously it won’t be, but probably does support a view that he’s reasonably critical). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Andy King is an extraordinary influence both on and off the pitch. He’s vastly experienced, has PL winners medal and all the younger player go to him for advice, not just about football but in life in general. He’s an impressive guy and why Nige brought him to AG and exactly why King is getting involved in the coaching at City.

The best signing that Nige has made imo. He’s a real asset around the club.

• Like 5

Personally speaking, I would give Dasilva MOM.

Pring - Improving every game and think he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Vyner - Maybe controversially, happy for him today, but really think he's a weak link in possession. Feel like he's very limited and probably punched above his weight this year. (Accept I'll get some negative reaction for this comment).

Tanner - Looks a really good value purchase and solid at this level. Excited to see how he progresses.

James - For me, my player of the season. One of those players who goes unnoticed but does so much good for the team. Breaks up play and keeps the ball so well and has such good technique on the ball.

O.T.C - Hard working but not seen enough yet.

Naki- Hard working and one of those players that if a chance fell to, you'd want him to be on the end of it. Off sorts today with his finish, but think hes a good team player ATM.

Weimann- Faded this year but also adds to the team. Gives us a needed energy, albeit sometimes too rushed.

Cornick - Want to give him a longer before evaluating but so far think he's been poor.

Bell - Played well today. Has raw pace and excitement factor. Think he will eventually be a very good player but probably a couple of seasons away yet.

Mehmetti - Not seen enough of yet to judge.

Andy King - A usefull squad player. Good influence on younger players.

Overall- Style of play has certainly started to come to fruition and think Nigel has got players who believes in himself. Think next year is another partial rebuild, but kick on after towards play-offs. Happy with this season as a whole.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mozo said:

On that topic though, I was getting frustrated with Bell bringing the ball to a stop and then trying to beat the man. He has so much pace I can’t understand why he brings the ball to a stop and then loses momentum, he would cause his opposition more problems by keeping the ball moving, pushing the ball past them and getting the legs moving!