IGNORED

More aggro between players and officials...Liverpool v Arsenal

cityexile

4 hours ago, redkev said:

If the linesman loses his job over this Robertson should hang his babby ass head in shame ,

players really need to start respecting officials more , this season it seems to be worse than ever . Also feigning injury etc we got all the technology there start using it , ( not that the people using it are much koi but that’s another matter ) 

If the officials stamp down on all the play acting, stamp down on being crowded around etc

then the players will have to stop doing it 

It really is that simple

The only people who can make these changes are the officials because the players wont unless they have to

17 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

The Lino’s actions come at the ideal time for his defence. They’re getting grabbed and pushed and shoved pretty frequently. I think he was quite within his rights to do what he did. 

Only a Liverpool fan would disagree. Clearly just shrugging him off. Let’s not all pretend Robertson was there For a friendly chat. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

This incident and the reporting of it concerns me. 

I thought Mitro getting an 8 game ban was the start of sending out a message to every footballer at every level that touching officials is not OK. 

We've now had 3 incidents of players touching officials (Bruno, Mitro, Robertson) in a short space of time. This is concerning. 

But what is more concerning is how Robertson has come out of this looking like the victim despite him being the one to initially make contact with the lino. But that's seemingly been overlooked as everyone wants to defend the player. This is damaging for the whole respect the officials campaign imo. 

Players at a low level where officials have no protection will now start to think it is OK to touch officials. Kids watching on TV will also think the same. 

If the official is punished but Robertson isn't then the game is done imo. 

14 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I know we all hate refs and assistants when they make mistakes but I hope they don't hang this one out to dry.

If they do then it would be interesting to see how they all react. A one match strike by all of them together would send an interesting message - no ref, no game.

If they go too hard on the lad it’s a certainty. They’ve probably already threatened PMGOL behind the scenes.

Let's hope these are just rare incidents and it will all fade into history. For me the physical contact with an official is only part of it though as the intimidation needs sorting out too. To have a someone scream into your face must feel like it is only a moment away from violence and that has been going on far too long.

It is a very emotional time of the season and difficult to keep a cool head when things go against you on the run in to relegation or promotion.

It feels like it needs leadership by coaches and captains, set an example on the day. What is said behind closed doors with committees and meetings is not going to have the right effect in my opinion.

On their part, the officials need to referee with empathy and communicate well. Sometimes it just needs a minute to cool and calm a situation rather than just getting cards out.